Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My own fault or could I complain?

Options
  • 25-04-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where I stand on this, it's no big deal either way really.

I was in a cafe earlier and asked for my drink to be made with soya milk as I'm lactose intolerant. I've had hot chocolate from here before made with soya milk and it made me a bit sick so I just presumed that it was something in the hot chocolate mix. This time though I got a latte and felt quite sick after again. I saw them make it so I know that they used the right milk. Now obviously in a cafe there'll be some cross contamination, but I usually wouldn't react to small amounts as badly as I did earlier.

Would it be worth bringing up with the cafe? I'm thinking maybe the jug might not have been washed out properly or something though obviously I don't know for sure. Or is it just a case of if it makes me ill I should just avoid any possible contact? Like I said I don't really care one way or another but I was just wondering where I'd stand on such an issue, more out of curiosity than anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I would bring it up with them. It is something they should be aware of. If you don't want to do it in person, send them an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I don't know much about lactose intolerance. Might the amount of lactose that makes you feel a bit sick make another person very sick? If so, then I would see it as important that you tell the people in the café.

It's probably a good thing to tell them anyway. I'd imagine that they don't want to cause anybody to feel unwell. Consider it as making a small but useful input into staff training.

Advertisement