Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many posts needed for a signature?

Options
  • 25-04-2014 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Is it 25? Keep getting a message saying I don't have enough when I try to add one.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yes, 25 posts are needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Thanks. After trying again, still getting the not enough posts message.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can you get a screenshot of it?

Dont you need 50 and over posts for that? PM you?

PM is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It might be related to this:
    New users will be unable to post images, attachments or links before they reach 50 posts or are members for 10 days (they must meet both criteria). If they try to, they will receive an error message telling them that they cannot post images or links.

That relates to regular posts, but it might carry through to signatures too.

Mr E wrote: »
    It might be related to this:

That relates to regular posts, but it might carry through to signatures too.

That's my suspicion. Once I had the screenshot I was going to open a bug report.

Thanks guys. I only registered the account on Tuesday. Spear, was about to send you a PM, then saw Mr E's post. No problem waiting 10 days.

But you shouldn't have to. There's no timeframe limit on sigs, just the 25 posts. This does seem to be a bug.

Interesting. Tried again.

In signature permissions it says I can't upload an image. I then linked to the URL of an image, then previewed it. The image displayed, went to save and got the 'not enough posts' message again. The image was 128 x 128 in size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Create a sig without links or images. Just a line that says "This is a sig". See if that works.

The limit for sigs has been increased to 50. I'll amend the FAQs to reflect this.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Apologies for not updating you sooner, also updated in Signatures forum now.

Advertisement