Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this a tick??

• 25-04-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

hi, quick question- not sure if this is the right forum.....is this little guy a tick? or any ideas what is it?
    found him trying to nibble on my ankle last night....had to pull him off :(
    Ive a little bump in the area he was chewing on, not itchy at all.
    this is the best photo i have of him (think i might have detached a bit of his body trying to pull him off...i have a video of him walking around, but i think its too big to upload here.
    ps: i haven't any animals at home, and I haven't been walking in any long grass

any help much appreciated-thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Looks like a tick, you may have left bits of him under your skin by pulling him off. Be careful it doesn't get infected. For future reference, light a match, blow it out and apply the hot end to the tick, it will drop off without leaving bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭dublingirl83

Looks like a tick, you may have left bits of him under your skin by pulling him off. Be careful it doesn't get infected. For future reference, light a match, blow it out and apply the hot end to the tick, it will drop off without leaving bits.

thanks for the reply and advice, feel bit more quesy now:eek:
    if there was bits left, would they be visible to naked eye? will they grow out eventually?
    I've just put some sudocream on...will that do?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry this is veering towards seeking medical advice now, which is not permitted on the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement