Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Castlemartyr

Options
  • 25-04-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,my eircom broadband is as slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww as fcuk for ages and im looking to see if anyone has a decent provider in this area,i know its all up to how good or poor the line is but their must be better out there,im paying for 7.8mb and getting between 1.6mb and 2.4mb,last time I spoke to an eircom rep I got no satisfaction,i bought a second modem months ago and another one tonight in the vain hope that the modem had packed in but no,my internet is like the dialup of years ago so if anyone is lucky enough in my area to have decent speeds they might pass on the info,thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You're probably too far from the exchange or on an old or split line, so moving DSL providers won't help you, you'll need to switch to wireless.

There's several down this way including Airwave, Nova, East Cork Broadband and Cork Community Broadband. Of those I've used Airwave and East Cork, and both are excellent.

Search the forum for "broadband" for more on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

hi,thanks for the reply,I had airwave years ago and while it was ok the speeds at the time were fairly low but consistant,had a quick look at their website and theyre advertising up to 8mb,cheers

Advertisement