Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diy home brew kit

Options
  • 26-04-2014 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

i want to build a 3 tank beer kit but i need advice on some materials
    i want to do 3 separate tanks all pid temperature controlled, one set at 66 for mashing, the other set at 78 for sparging and finally a kettle for boiling

can i use blue plastic drums with black screw lids?
    is qualpex ok for mainfold and piping?
    can i drill elements into these blue plastic drums?

i can wire up pids and elements no problem and im fairly handy when it comes to pluming.

any pointers to existing diagrams and plans welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tommiet

sounds good, no pump, so its gravity, you won't need pid control, what electrical hardware are you going to use... kettle elements are the job...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭zamo27

I'm using 3 kegs
    2 pumps that I found in amazon for only £14
    2 pid temperature contlos for the kettle and for the hot liquor tank
    Closed cell foam for insulation
    But one question remains
    Can I use qual pec for my piping

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tommiet

qual is use for drinking water so its food safe, its rated to 80 degrees i think, best check with your plumbing supply shop.. what electrical hardware will you use, contactors and stuff, why pid controlled... pid is for metal heating really.. very slow for liquids

Advertisement