Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    Some chatter that the T34-85M isn't the earnable tank around Christmas, and that it instead is perhaps the WZ-111. Not the most fun tank perhaps, but a tier 8 is more valuable than a tier 6 if nothing else.
    Well I went and got a Japanese tank in preparation for what ever it is; for all other nations I'm in a pretty good state (UK being worst with only tier X TD and TOG but I'll hopefully be somewhere in the second TD line by that time as well to assist to make it doable).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nody wrote: »
    Well I went and got a Japanese tank in preparation for what ever it is; for all other nations I'm in a pretty good state (UK being worst with only tier X TD and TOG but I'll hopefully be somewhere in the second TD line by that time as well to assist to make it doable).

Early statements said it's only 50k on each nation, so my normal grinding can be adapted to fill that. Might be a good time to start going for the FV4202 line then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Early statements said it's only 50k on each nation, so my normal grinding can be adapted to fill that. Might be a good time to start going for the FV4202 line then.
    Which made sense for a tier 6; but if it's tier 8 instead it's more likely to be 75k or 100k :(

And yes, I'm going for the FV4202, I'm at tier 8 or higher currently on every TD line (well strictly speaking my second American is 3k short of unlock but I'll sort that out tonight).

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

Yes .. I have been getting ready for this special... I think you will need a minimum of 2 tanks per country to take advantage of the x2, x3 (maybe x5)

So I bought a 2nd French tank...(started on the B1 heavy line) will buy a 2nd Chinese later this week.... (59-16)

but the Japanese line will be the tricky one... I have a Chi-To.... that is pretty stock... but will need to grind this to get the Chi-Ri.... and then try to have both tanks as the Japanese line only has one branch...

They should really make the totals reflective of the spread of tanks per country.. getting 100k on Russian, US tanks is alot easier than 30k in Japan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Go to your local Spar/Supervalu, buy a can of generic baked beans. Empty the can into the bin.

You now possess a more useful and fun tin can than a damn Chi-Ri.

• Advertisement

Go to your local Spar/Supervalu, buy a can of generic baked beans. Empty the can into the bin.

You now possess a more useful and fun tin can than a damn Chi-Ri.
    Thank you; I needed a laugh. Not that I disagree; it's a horrible tank but it's the best option I've found and I'll seriously consider picking up the premium one as well for my second tank (but waiting for the discounts to come)... Then again the whole Japanse line as it stands are all kinds of wrong for me (don't like mediums, don't like low pen guns, don't like high rof guns) in general and I only have it for missions like this.

Thank you; I needed a laugh. Not that I disagree; it's a horrible tank but it's the best option I've found and I'll seriously consider picking up the premium one as well for my second tank (but waiting for the discounts to come)...

It's a pain that I suffered through, and am very glad to have my STA-1 now instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'll be mainly playing the Chi-To for the event. I'll unlock the Chi-Ri during the event so I might buy it and play it for the multipliers but tier V and VI will be my main Japanese work-horses I reckon.

I'm surprised they haven't used the AT-15A as a mission tank yet. It never sold as it was, but given the lack of British premium TDs, there should be some interest in it, even if people aren't willing to pay for it.

Aenaes wrote: »
    I'll be mainly playing the Chi-To for the event. I'll unlock the Chi-Ri during the event so I might buy it and play it for the multipliers but tier V and VI will be my main Japanese work-horses I reckon.

I think the event will be Tier VI and up ... so you might want to think about that

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    I think the event will be Tier VI and up ... so you might want to think about that

The individual missions are looking to be tier 6 and up, the Christmas earnable tank will probably be the usual tier 4 and up.

The individual missions are looking to be tier 6 and up, the Christmas earnable tank will probably be the usual tier 4 and up.
    Well the IM are suppose to only come in after this grind tank in mid January anyway.

Well the IM are suppose to only come in after this grind tank in mid January anyway.

Yes, Jan 15th it would appear.

So the free tank is the WZ-111, tier 8 Chinese heavy.

Each nation needs 150k damage and 150 kills. At least there's no need to worry about placing in top 10 or winning this time around. But equally the Christmas X5 dailies don't give it a boost either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

no british tank, no chinese tank, no point trying! no worries!!

You're missing out on some capable and interesting tanks in the Brit line. Not so much the Chinese line however.

got to tier 6 on the tds and t5 on the mediums, tds the tier 6 is worse than the at2, mediums the guns are a joke till you get to tier 6 but i have kinda stopped playing at all.. few games a night in my m48 is about it. back playing world of warcraft.... the shame

... :-(

based on the leaked missions I thought that this was possible .... but the real mission is just too much..

I think there are 3 premium days for completing for the US and Russian lines is doable for me... so might just do that.

Each nation needs 150k damage and 150 kills. At least there's no need to worry about placing in top 10 or winning this time around. But equally the Christmas X5 dailies don't give it a boost either.
    Only problem will be Japanese tree (150k damage, oh joy but here comes the gold ammo!)... For Russian, German and American tree I have so many tanks it will fly by with out noticing. French will also be very doable (FOCH, Batchat, 50B, Batchat arty), British a bit annoying (thank god I have the Tortie though!) and Chinese is doable (both both lines at Tier 8 and tier 9 with top guns).

The downside will be everyone and their mother will be running gold ammo and sit camping in a TD ><

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So the free tank is the WZ-111, tier 8 Chinese heavy.

Seems a bit out of my reach....and I have no real interest in a Tier 8 Chinese tank.

I was grinding up to Tier 6 in the Chinese and Japanese lines for the leaked T-35-85BM..............

In other news the New years special have been announced on the WoT site:
    http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/end-year-specials-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Each part of the mission awards you 3 days of Premium Account when completed so I'll at least go for the "easy" Soviet, American and German parts.

WZ-111 is tempting though, purely as a crew trainer. I'll see how the mission is progressing and how much time I have. The fact that the mission is based on damage pains me though. My highest tiers on Japan is VI-VII so that will definitely be the hardest.

Tier 3 on Christmas day will just consist of Panzer IIDs, and would therefore be an ideal time for me to take out my IIJ and just be a complete bastard.

nothing like a bit of seal clubbing lol.

i meant i have no jap tanks, i have the wz132 on the chinese line. rage sold it while back but thinking of re buying it. no gun depressions doesnt suit my peak a boo game style in meds.

thinking of selling all my heavies tbh and just sticking with meds... lowe is worth 3.5million creds... i got 3 good years out of it for 30e.. power creep has made it 100% obsolete in tier 10, which it meets every poxy game.

Löwe still do fine in a tier X game; cupolas with that accuracy means it pays for itself easily.

Also happy to see confirmation on discounts on all tiers of tanks; what annoys me is the convertion of exp one (35exp / gold rather than 25) is only starting on 9th of January. I've intentionally stocked up gold (and working on exp) to unlock stuff on at least 3 tier 9 tanks and was hoping to have a go directly after buying them for a discount >.< All I can hope is it comes up in the calendar earlier (as it has on the Russian one) so I can use all those lovely 2x crew training days to get my crew up to speed again.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    nothing like a bit of seal clubbing lol.

It's, uh, for educational purposes. Namely teaching them that a real Panzer II has 80mm of armour...

thinking of selling all my heavies tbh and just sticking with meds... lowe is worth 3.5million creds... i got 3 good years out of it for 30e.. power creep has made it 100% obsolete in tier 10, which it meets every poxy game.

I've found that as I've improved with time, the worth of a tier 8 premium has become magnified, and diminishing any argument to sell them.

Interesting; on the Russian & Asian server they offer 7 $10 packages (one for each nation) to have that part of the tree completed. Honestly I'd happily pay €10 (WG convertion rate) for skipping the Japanse one. The other I'm comfortable with completing easily but Japanease would be pure rage inducing pain to complete...

Even if you skipped 2 lines that way, it'd still be a very cheap tier 8 premium.

Even if you skipped 2 lines that way, it'd still be a very cheap tier 8 premium.
    Well as Western Europe is WGs milking ground to pay for everything lets make it €20 per nation then; I'd still pay... Also are there any known stats on the 111?

Well as Western Europe is WGs milking ground to pay for everything lets make it €20 per nation then; I'd still pay... Also are there any known stats on the 111?
    And it has been confirmed for EU as well; so another tier 8 premium tank it is by the looks of it. In terms of performance it's pretty much identical with the 112; slightly faster reload (4.5 vs 4.33) and minor (<10mm) changes in turret armor and speed (50 vs 45) and the hinted at price is €9.95 which is reasonable enough in my book.

• Advertisement

i have a couple of other tier 8 premiums, jagdtiger 88 and is6, way more fun and both have premium mm.

the lowe sits gathering dust in my garage, probably gonna sell it. yes it makes insane credits, but theres no point having a credit earner you hate so much you dont play.. its my most played tank btw.

i have a couple of other tier 8 premiums, jagdtiger 88 and is6, way more fun and both have premium mm.

the lowe sits gathering dust in my garage, probably gonna sell it. yes it makes insane credits, but theres no point having a credit earner you hate so much you dont play.. its my most played tank btw.
    I got most tier 8 premiums (I think I miss 3 or 4) but I agree; if you don't like it it's worth not to play it but don't sell it. 3.5 MM credits can be grinded out relatively easily and that way if you change your mind / it get buffed down the line you don't have to buy it back. I'm currently grinding out about half a million a night exactly for that reason in preparation of the upcoming sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

KV 220 is up on the special today for the advent calendar. 30e for kv220, slot & 6500 gold.

I picked it up because my kv1 is my most played vehicle and I love it in tier 5 games. I gotta have the kv220 so :).

A few tips then.

It's weak point is the turret, since it's essentially a stock KV-1 turret, unlike the hull. Thus you may find it beneficial at times to expose the hull rather than and draw fire there instead of the turret.

The gun is weak, you'll need to work around that or spam gold.

It's capable of a fair turn of speed in a straight line at least. Mobility isn't great as would be expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

A few tips then.

It's weak point is the turret, since it's essentially a stock KV-1 turret, unlike the hull. Thus you may find it beneficial at times to expose the hull rather than and draw fire there instead of the turret.

The gun is weak, you'll need to work around that or spam gold.

It's capable of a fair turn of speed in a straight line at least. Mobility isn't great as would be expected.

Pro tips, the amount of players you come up against that treat this like the KV-1 fully researched is always funny.

I got most tier 8 premiums (I think I miss 3 or 4) but I agree; if you don't like it it's worth not to play it but don't sell it. 3.5 MM credits can be grinded out relatively easily and that way if you change your mind / it get buffed down the line you don't have to buy it back. I'm currently grinding out about half a million a night exactly for that reason in preparation of the upcoming sale.

yeh i suppose thats true, i wish they buffed it, even just buff the speed of the thing and leave the gun and lacklustre alpha.. its so bloody slow.

i have 12m credits at the moment so theres no need to sell it i suppose.

waiting to see what the xmas discount for tiers 7 and up will be.. have a few to buy.

• Advertisement

yeh i suppose thats true, i wish they buffed it, even just buff the speed of the thing and leave the gun and lacklustre alpha.. its so bloody slow.

i have 12m credits at the moment so theres no need to sell it i suppose.

waiting to see what the xmas discount for tiers 7 and up will be.. have a few to buy.
    I had 30.7MM last night; this morning I'm down to 11MM after buying the tier 9s and tier 10s I had outstanding and I've not even started to buy the new modules or transfer the crews :P

I still need to pick up two tier 6 tanks as well in the UK line but grinding out some more free exp to unlock them.

are they on discount already? according to ftr few weeks ago, all tier 7-10 would have some kind of discount % over xmas. im waiting to see what the prices are before buying.

so the tokens for the wz mission are 10usd on every server, and 10e on eu server.. robbing bstrds, since when is 10usd 10e

are they on discount already? according to ftr few weeks ago, all tier 7-10 would have some kind of discount % over xmas. im waiting to see what the prices are before buying.
    All tier 8 to 10 are on 15% discount from now until 19th of Jan; tier 2 to Tier 7 are on 5 day per nation; one appear only. Keep in mind the discount also applies to any sales in the same time period (and I'm hoping I'll be able to get in another two or three tier 9s).
    so the tokens for the wz mission are 10usd on every server, and 10e on eu server.. robbing bstrds, since when is 10usd 10e
    Since for ever; even US companies have been doing the same lazy set up since way before steam.

All tier 8 to 10 are on 15% discount from now until 19th of Jan; tier 2 to Tier 7 are on 5 day per nation; one appear only. Keep in mind the discount also applies to any sales in the same time period (and I'm hoping I'll be able to get in another two or three tier 9s).......

I'm happy to see that on the WoT portal, I am just about to unlock the Comet so perfect timing for me. Then I can get a couple of Tier 7 German is a few days too!

I've already takena advantage of this. I unlocked the AMX 50-100 with the last round of daily boosts, and now today I've bought it for 15% off. Not an amazing saving, but it's silver in my pocket that wouldn't otherwise be there.

The unpleasantness of the WZ-111 requirements is beginning to sink in. WIth no way to take advantage of things like daily doubles, it really is just a long slow grind. One that requires something like 30k damage a day to be done.

• Advertisement

The unpleasantness of the WZ-111 requirements is beginning to sink in. WIth no way to take advantage of things like daily doubles, it really is just a long slow grind. One that requires something like 30k damage a day to be done.
    I don't have an issue with dealing damage from what I've seen but to get the kills. Playing tanks like the 268, E100, JagpzE100 etc. I often do a big hit (700+ damage) and then while reloading someone else goes in and takes the kill. Even in something like the Tortie I get consistently sniped for vehicles I've been shooting at alone until it's one hittable and someone else decides to steal it. With 1 kill / 1k damage I'll be spending a lot of time playing catch up on kills (and while I got premiums to deal with it in Russia, US and German lines I don't have a good choice for British (though I may try the TOG) or Chinese lines; for French I got batchat / 13-90 for doing some own KSing by chasing things down and clip them down).

Advent calender today is the SU-85i for EUR12.75 with a week of Premium account. (Usually EUR10 for 30 days)
    So a Tier 5 TD for approx 8 quid.

Worth it? I don't have any Soviet TD's but was thinking of unlocking the SU-85 from the T34. (still haven't elited that thank)
    Having a premium TD could help moving up that line.

Also read on FTR that WG are considering removing a premium tank from the shop. Discussion seems to lean towards the E-25.
    Could be a great ploy to increase sales!

Tenger wrote: »
    Advent calender today is the SU-85i for EUR12.75 with a week of Premium account. (Usually EUR10 for 30 days)

Worth it? I don't have any Soviet TD's but was thinking of unlocking the SU-85 from the T34. (still haven't elited that thank)
    Buy the SU-122-44 when they do premium discounts instead on 24th at 30% (New Year Discount Part 2); way better tank and it's at least as OP as the E25 and with that gun you're basically a Obj. 704 two tiers earlier (450 damage shots at 7s reload? One shotting tanks one tier below you? Hell yes!).
    Also read on FTR that WG are considering removing a premium tank from the shop. Discussion seems to lean towards the E-25.
    Could be a great ploy to increase sales!
    Nah; I think they'll remove one TD (any of the E-25. SU-122-44 or the French tier 3, all are OP for their own reasons) esp. as they are suppose to bring in a tier 8 Rhm Baum style TD (big gun, no armor) for US.

Tenger wrote: »

It's okay. Armour doesn't really hold up at all. The gun is decent enough and pens reasonably well. It's accuracy is lacking. Mobility is decent enough too.

Overall it's a lot like the base SU-85, with some variation such as the less accurate gun.

fook, hope i didnt miss getting my panther on the cheap.

to re buy the wz132 or not..... i have 80k xp on it fully unlocked, so thats all towards the 175k for the wz120..

have the t54, do i need another no depression clone.... hmmm.. seems a waste to leave wz132 halfway...

fook, hope i didnt miss getting my panther on the cheap.
    Tier 8+ is until 19th of Jan or something like that; the German discount for 2 to 7 has not been up yet so you got time yet ;)

Tier 8+ is until 19th of Jan or something like that; the German discount for 2 to 7 has not been up yet so you got time yet ;)

UK: Bought the AT8 yesterday, will unlock the Comet today/tomorrow.

Germany: Have unlocked the Tiger P, and should unlock the VK28.01, Tiger and Panther in time for the German discount.

Soviet: Will unlock IS soon.

US: Might manage to unlock T29 in time.

Am annoyed that I bought the Chinese Type 58 a few days ago before I knew March of Nations was coming.

Too many tanks to buy, too few credits.......... :(

might re buy the t29, cant see myself going further with the yanky heavies now.

might re buy the t29, cant see myself going further with the yanky heavies now.
    If you like the T29 you might as well go all the way; T32 is boring in the sense it's T29 again but M103 is nice and of course E5 works the same as the previous three.

yeah but i really dont like heavies at the moment, have the tiger ii fully unlocked apart from the final gun as i wanted the e75, and its a pos. bounces fook all, second gun is useless even with my 4 skill crew, just really not liking it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement