Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The nature of Arty play is still based on 99% of actual luck.

I think not:
    338764.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont want to sound like a dick, but that does not really prove much. I Started playing Grill and it has 69% Win ratio after 26 games. Playing arties actually bumped my Win/lose ratio now like a **** truck.

Playing good in heavy/medium/light/TD is a lot harder then playing good in Arty. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Didn't notice it before but it could be part of the new patch but the whole artillery bombardment during kharkov time countdown is a nice feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Didn't notice it before but it could be part of the new patch but the whole artillery bombardment during kharkov time countdown is a nice feature

Yeah it's a new visual effect on some maps.

Regarding the whole arty thing, it's pretty easy to jump into it as it basically is just point and click. Similiar to an IS-7, anyone can just jump into and do reasonably well.

There are big differences in an ordinary arty player and a good/great arty player. Movement, target prioritisation, aiming and all the other choices make the difference in an artillery helping you win or lose the game.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Yeah it's a new visual effect on some maps.

Regarding the whole arty thing, it's pretty easy to jump into it as it basically is just point and click. Similiar to an IS-7, anyone can just jump into and do reasonably well.

There are big differences in an ordinary arty player and a good/great arty player. Movement, target prioritisation, aiming and all the other choices make the difference in an artillery helping you win or lose the game.

Like any class, if you got a good player in any class it will help you win or lose battle, but being good, for example, medium tank player is a lot harder then being good arty player.

To perfectly explain good arty player vs good any other class player with a help of Jim Jefferies. :pac:

Slut = arty player.
    Stud = Any other class player.

Its easy to be a slut, its hard to be a Stud! :pac:

*just a note, its a bit of a fun a joke. Dont go all emo on me! :pac:

• Advertisement

Like any class, if you got a good player in any class it will help you win or lose battle, but being good, for example, medium tank player is a lot harder then being good arty player.

I agree. I'm just trying to point out there's more to arty than simply shooting.

Aenaes wrote: »
    I agree. I'm just trying to point out there's more to arty than simply shooting.

Yes there is, but not much, when compared how much you need with other classes. On top off that arty is a lot about pure and stinky luck.

Well, we all bought Matilda IV russian medium lol. What a fun tank to play in 3 man platoon :D. Well worth 3 quid! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

leo pta with just the engine unlocked.. kill me now plz. never wanted to sell a tank as quick in my life.

"our ammo rack is destroyed"
    "we've lost the loader"
    "ammo rack repaired"

i have a few t10 mediums so im actually questioning if i WANT the leo 1 now.

im nearly on e50 and want the e50m more, so might just sell the leo pta now and stop ruining the game for myself.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    leo pta with just the engine unlocked.. kill me now plz. never wanted to sell a tank as quick in my life.

"we've lost the loader"
    "ammo rack repaired"

i have a few t10 mediums so im actually questioning if i WANT the leo 1 now.

im nearly on e50 and want the e50m more, so might just sell the leo pta now and stop ruining the game for myself.

Told ya :D

Try a few battles where you pretend you are a TD. It really needs to utilise camouflage and not getting hit at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you haven't played high tier mediums much, it's either a great or a terrible place to start. It could ingrain a habit of not taking hits at all, or it could prove horribly frustrating. The E50 to E50M would be a gentler learning curve, since the E50 can at least risk a hit.

i have batchat, obj140 and m48 so im not new to high tier mediums, but this is a worse grind than the m46 stock was.

large repair kit and small repair kit required, so i dropped the fire ext. first game with 2 repair kids and a med kit and i get set on fire first time im hit.

cant really play as a td as i have the stock gun from the indien, not using 60k free xp for the gun! would rather sell it tbh. probably will keep it though. some tanks start off horrible then once you get used to them and get a feel for it it improves.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i have batchat, obj140 and m48 so im not new to high tier mediums, but this is a worse grind than the m46 stock was.

large repair kit and small repair kit required, so i dropped the fire ext. first game with 2 repair kids and a med kit and i get set on fire first time im hit.

cant really play as a td as i have the stock gun from the indien, not using 60k free xp for the gun! would rather sell it tbh. probably will keep it though. some tanks start off horrible then once you get used to them and get a feel for it it improves.

I just find all stock tanks to be terrible. I know e75 is a great tank, but right now it is just a terrible thing for me and I just HATE playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

Had a massive game in my VK3601H on Sunday.
    I've always liked this tank, especially back when it was a medium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I just find all stock tanks to be terrible. I know e75 is a great tank, but right now it is just a terrible thing for me and I just HATE playing it.

Try the T28 Proto. Has the be the toughest grind I've done yet. Gun is rubbish and it's slow as fook which makes staring at numerous T10 tanks an exercise in futility.

I actually liked the t28 proto... sick i know

Try the T28 Proto. Has the be the toughest grind I've done yet. Gun is rubbish and it's slow as fook which makes staring at numerous T10 tanks an exercise in futility.

Well, I am 50k away from T95. So I have experience with something even worse... T28 :pac:

I am working towards T30 now as I LOVE T34, so I will have my fun with t28 prot too.

T25/2 is a think I really hate, but I manage to do some mad games in it. For some reason it gets horrible MM all the time and that gun is just **** for anything above your own tier.

I'm only grinding to get a T30. The T25/2 I didn't mind once I got over it not being a hellcat.

I think the T28 prot will be fun once I get the top gun but man... 50k is a long way to go and I'm saving free xp for other stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well, I am 50k away from T95. So I have experience with something even worse... T28 :pac:
    I much preferred the T28 over the Protype to be honest; turret is nice yes but the 1s faster reload...
    I am working towards T30 now as I LOVE T34, so I will have my fun with t28 prot too.
    Don't count on it; I love my T34 but I was not a fan (the turret is to low).

I will just say this.... AMX 40 is fecking horrible!!! Thats how I will sum it up:

"I leap across the room with an athleticism I don’t actually possess, in search of the “**** off” button on the Wot UI."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I will just say this.... AMX 40 is fecking horrible!!! Thats how I will sum it up:

"I leap across the room with an athleticism I don’t actually possess, in search of the “**** off” button on the Wot UI."

It's due to get a new turret and gun soonish. Given the new French tree in 9.7, it may be then.

Spear wrote: »
    It's due to get a new turret and gun soonish. Given the new French tree in 9.7, it may be then.

New french line? Of what? I though they are looking in to adding new nation?

New french line? Of what? I though they are looking in to adding new nation?

There's a bunch of new French tanks, including the S35, the AMX 30 prototype, and the AMX 30b. The AMX 30s branch from the AMX-13/90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I just got this :eek:

Shams wrote: »
    I just got this :eek:

:pac::pac::pac:

Not in direct response to you but 9.6 dropped for Asian server last night. Aiming is definitely more awkward. Even fully aimed I'm getting some real crazy outliers in my shots. I'm finding it frustrating but working under the impression it's the same for everyone.

theres also gonna be a couple new lower tier frenchies added too, not just the amx30 proto and amx30.

have my crew from the foch line sitting in barracks, might re buy the 1390 now and start the xp grind for the amx 30.

My friend is a proper bastard in Wot. :D

In the most important stats release since XVM, there's now a tool to reveal the amount of trees you've knocked down:

http://tiaclab.com/lumberjack/

At only 4813, I must rank only second to Al Gore in preserving the environment.

this is man bear pig central... im super serial

11,630..... tiiiiimber

• Advertisement

Screw you, tank coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

8,643 :D

my brother has 3500 and we have the same amount of games.. wtf have i been doing... cutting timber.

obv i never touch trees once im out of the spawn, i must be sleep logging in game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

4253 ... less than 1 every two games... what the feck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

6200; I really must have gone out of my way to dodge those trees... No Kei$a for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

12106... about 1 tree per game... apparently there is a medal for this......called the lumberjack.. but never seen it.

the other thing to be aware is that there are mods that flag this type of destruction on the minimap.... as well as spottable from arty that are pre aiming

• Advertisement

There's no medal, though one was suggested by WG at one point, hence the trees are tracked. It was abandoned along with other joke achievements.

:-) I had it in the back of my head somewhere...what a pity... the other thing I like running over are scarecrows and washing lines..... ah ah lets see if persil can take out those track stains!!

It's been a long time since they had a dog yelp when you ran over a kennel.

One of Cry Havocs members is featured in a video from Jingles.

ah cool, ill watch that now.

picked up the t32 at weeekend, couldnt decide whether or not to re buy the vk4502a, i dropped it before cuz i didnt want the maus, but the t9 maus looks liek fun, so might re buy the t8.

nearly have e75. once i have that, ill decide about the e100 but i wanna stop grinding tanks and enjoy the ones i have.. does that ever happen though?

• Advertisement

The VK4502B is getting replaced with the Mauschen, which may be a bit more of interest than the ausf B.

The Ausf A is one I liked though, and much like the IS-8 needs to be treated more like a medium.

The VK4502B is getting replaced with the Mauschen, which may be a bit more of interest than the ausf B.

The Ausf A is one I liked though, and much like the IS-8 needs to be treated more like a medium.
    I liked the 4502B but I know I'm in minority in that sense (and I prefered it over the E75 as well); the new mini Maus just looks to samey to the E100 to me but we'll see.

isnt the mini maus getting the e100s 150mm gun though, facing tier 7s will be funny!

i had the vk4502a elited and was 60k towards the b, when i decided i didnt wanna go any further. the mini maus gives me a reason to re buy it..

sick of grinding tier 8 heavies though

Footage of the new stuff in 9.7

I'm going to use the 150k XP I have on the AMX 13-90 from the missions to get the AMX 30 prototype on day 1. It should be easy enough to adjust to given that I'm already playing the Leo PTA.

thinking of buying back the 1390 myself to get new tier 9, wanna see if the amx30 is a giant ammo rack like the pta first, if it is then its not for me! so give us a report on day 1 or 2!!

so, silent stalker is elaving ftr, and leaving wot to go do content with armored warfare.

fair play to him, i was a daily reader of his blog and he had a good mix of content and stuff. hes passing everyone over to ritagamers blog. i like her too, watch her stream sometimes.

cant wait for AW, dont think i will play one solely, i will probably play both simultanously. but i most likely wont be giving wg a single euro once aw goes live.

Hard to begrudge him quitting if he's gained a job in the games industry.

In regards to AW, I'm still very skeptical. It seems to much of a clone with no personality of its own, but it's still very early so far.

Hard to begrudge him quitting if he's gained a job in the games industry.

In regards to AW, I'm still very skeptical. It seems to much of a clone with no personality of its own, but it's still very early so far.
    Honestly I'm hyped for AW; I'm getting very close on my personal goal (All tier X Heavies, TDs and arties) for WoT (I hate mediums so no way I'm touching on getting them all!) and WoT has not exactly endeared me lately with it's direction by comparison.

They're already selling the FV 4202 premium and T54 prototype on the CN server....

Seemingly they do this as soon as the model is provided to them by WG.

Without doubt I will sign up to AW... will be interesting to see if I start off playing better than I did when i started WOT

• Advertisement
Advertisement