Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Compared to kv1 can it compete at tier 7 like kv1 can when fully upgraded.

It doesn't see tier 7, it has restricted MM, which is the reason it's being removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Spear wrote: »
    Played at 70+ fps, but only recorded at 25 ish? Or have I got the numbers backwards?

yeh i average 70-100 fps, but someone said yt reduces the fps to 30 so i recorded at 30?

the replays even when not recording are quirte juddery, not sure what the story is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh i average 70-100 fps, but someone said yt reduces the fps to 30 so i recorded at 30?

the replays even when not recording are quirte juddery, not sure what the story is

Youtube doesn't reduce it to 30 fps any more, it moves in steps from 60, 45 to 30.

It looks like the playback was playing at 25 fps though, which comes through in the video.

What do you record with?

Youtube doesn't reduce it to 30 fps any more, it moves in steps from 60, 45 to 30.

It looks like the playback was playing at 25 fps though, which comes through in the video.

What do you record with?

fraps and then vegas pro 13

Have you tried a different recording system, such as ShadowPlay or MSI Afterburner? It certianly looks like Fraps is killing the frame rate.

Have you tried a different recording system, such as ShadowPlay or MSI Afterburner? It certianly looks like Fraps is killing the frame rate.

i had fraps set to 30fps as i thought yt reduced it to tha anyway, il ltry another one tomorrow with the fps increased.

even when not recorind, just watching the replays in wot they are juddery at parts when they werent in the game

The replays often have slight stutters in them, but not to that degree.

wonder whats causing mine then when watching the replays

The number in brackets comes from WoT itself, so something is inhibiting the playback performance when recording, presumably Fraps itself.

but when not recording, simply replaying the replay within the wot client i still get glitches.

• Advertisement

The slight hitching, yes, but a drop of 50 FPS?

near the end of the yt replay, the tnak is glitching like emntal, but its like that even when viewing the replay without any recording or anything and was deffo not like that in the game!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    near the end of the yt replay, the tnak is glitching like emntal, but its like that even when viewing the replay without any recording or anything and was deffo not like that in the game!

The hitching we can't fix, just the 50 fps drop.

In related news, peak a boo does work in real life:

http://imgur.com/gallery/gvsagg1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The hitching we can't fix, just the 50 fps drop.

In related news, peak a boo does work in real life:

http://imgur.com/gallery/gvsagg1

Apparently not for the dude that abandoned ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Deleted.

Was a post about the secret weapon.... have found out what it is now. Enjoy all.

They're actually selling Panzer 2Js for the day....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They're actually selling Panzer 2Js for the day....
    In a 100 EUR package...

Nody wrote: »
    In a 100 EUR package...

Compared to the €250 on ebay or even from the rare collectors editions from Belarus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Compared to the €250 on ebay or even from the rare collectors editions from Belarus.
    Which WG gets nothing from; this however is WG selling a 67% win rate tank for serious $ to get people to buy it for the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Nody wrote: »
    In a 100 EUR package...

What a steal..... :rolleyes:

It's €100 worth of gold, plus a Panzer 2J for free.

if you were planning on dumping 100e in gold on the game over the enxt 12 months then its a grand deal to get a free 2j.

will be interesting to see what happens now when the new noob friendly mm helps slightly with seal clubbers not being able to take their 2j out against players without less than (undecided amount) of games played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'd love to know what that means in English. Noob here I have no idea what your talking about.

beauf wrote: »
    I'd love to know what that means in English. Noob here I have no idea what your talking about.
    It used to be a free for all in match making; this meant people who wanted to look good would roll out the most OP possible low tier tanks and kill new players with them to get better stats. With the new set up all players below I think it was 500 games are in a special match pool which means they don't meet experienced players and get a chance to learn the basics before playing against the more experienced players.

MM is the matchmaker. It's being altered soon so veterans playing at tier 3 won't meet noobs playing at tier 3.

Seal clubbing is a term for when veterans turn up in low tier games and stomp on them. Something a Panzer 2J makes very easy given its armour and lack of availability.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

Those PIIs are irritating. However so is being dumped in tier two ahead of you. I was in BT7 earlier and couldn't pen any thing even point blank from the rear. I could knock tracks off that's about it. Bring through on the T28 at the moment. That's grim

You may want to consider taking a few premium shells with you then.

You may want to consider taking a few premium shells with you then.
    While they cost lots of credits they do allow you to make an impact on the game. I carry 6-10 Premium shells in all my tanks. (Along with 4-6 HE)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

It looks like a "free" Chi-Nu Kai is being awarded at the weekend for players who complete the missions for WoT's fourth anniversary.

It's a four part mission sequence and you must complete each mission before you can attempt the next.

Part 1: Win 15 battles and be in the top 10 on your team by experience.

Part 2: Earn 75,000 experience and be in the top 10 on your team by experience.

Part 3: Be in the top 10 on your team by experience for 30 battles.

Part 4: Win a battle.

It runs from 10-14 April so it's basically four days. Part two looks like the stumbling block regarding time but experience multipliers should count and considering it's an anniversary weekend, x3 or x5 could be available.

I probably will give it an attempt as Chi-Nu Kai isn't a tank I would buy but I wouldn't mind owning it.

For an anniversary weekend, I'd expect X5 first wins, which would make it fairly easy to get.

• Advertisement

Well the 75k exp would be 15 normal games won with x5 modifier which is not to bad; so you'd be talking win 60 games in top 10 basically over 4 days. That's very doable (assuming x5 and premium account is included) and simply means rolling out some of the tanks I'd normally not bother with beyond the daily grinds for some more x5s wins (which I guess is the whole point of it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

If you already have a Chi-Nu Kai then there's little point in putting time into this event?

Wasn't there something earlier in the year or late last year that WG will no longer give gold in such circumstances but would rather give the silver value back? (and there's much easier ways to get the silver value of the Chi-Nu Kai)

That's for gift shop purchases. If you earn the Chi-Nu Kai through the mission, you'll get the gold equivalent instead.

So it is indeed x5s for the event, as I thought. As a pleasant surprise there's also a tier 10 discount of 15% which is just enough to allow be to buy my new Object 140 and keep my T54.

If anyone isn't seeing the new hangar and missions, just log out and back in to make them appear.

So it is indeed x5s for the event, as I thought. As a pleasant surprise there's also a tier 10 discount of 15% which is just enough to allow be to buy my new Object 140 and keep my T54.

If anyone isn't seeing the new hangar and missions, just log out and back in to make them appear.
    I hope to pick up the 121 at a discount and if really lucky maybe even the Foch 155.

Yay for free stuff:

Mission completed! Reward:
    Vehicles added: Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai
    Slots added: 1

Did not complete the mission (to busy) but I did pick up the Foch155, 121, Challenger and FV207 at a discount at least while restocking some equipment so overall I'm happy enough. Next up finish the T95 to get the E3 but I'm honestly liking the T95 and usually have quite good games in it (at least when you don't meet the "lets shoot gold at everything" crowd and even then I can usually get a decent rate of ricochets etc.).

The challenger is poor so far.

I'm dreading the T95 and it's lack of speed, so much so that I've ignored the T28 in my garage for the last two years.

The challenger is poor so far.

I'm dreading the T95 and it's lack of speed, so much so that I've ignored the T28 in my garage for the last two years.
    Well it can't be worse than the previous one (or so I hope; hated that one but then again I hated the whole second Russian TD except 0bj. 263 so I'll grind through it if needed...).

Honestly the T95 is slow but it's not as bad as I expected it to be to play. Yes, if you go the wrong way, get flanked etc. you're toast but I simply use it as a unstoppable pushing fortress and keep rolling up a corridor on the enemy (think a slower version of the Maus basically). Usually the other people camping there will rally behind me and we push through the enemy camp to roll up a flank and with top gun you'll be taking chunks out of most tanks easily. Of course if you roll up Steppes or similar wide open maps with plenty of arty you're prime target for them which hurts :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

From what ive seen on the t95 is this, you either A get to the front line and the match is already over, or B your team is dead and your about to be killed.

• Advertisement

Sounds like me playing with my newly acquired stock KV1. So slow even peak and shoot is hard. It's like playing in slow motion.

Sounds like me playing with my newly acquired stock KV1. So slow even peak and shoot is hard. It's like playing in slow motion.

kv1 when elited is the boss at tier 5.. my most played tank apart from lowe from back in the day, pre kv-split, when ther kv1 had the kv2's caravan turret and the derp gun... was an absolute beast.

I think it need a upgraded engine (I'm on stock) other KV1 and KV1S seem to have an extra 20mph on me.

What was the KV split

I think it need a upgraded engine (I'm on stock) other KV1 and KV1S seem to have an extra 20mph on me.

What was the KV split

The original KV-1 got the KV-2 turret and 152mm gun at tier 5. The standalone KV-2 was then added at tier 6 instead.

Alienware doing their bonus code again (1 day premium, 1 case of Cola) but the keys will go fast. Require Alienware account to get a code but beyond that there's nothing more to do then claiming it.

Nice one, got it just now.

Some curious little bits of info appeared:

WoT PC will finally get weather effects, something the XBox 360 client already head. Though what I'd like to see if the residual smoke from barrels after firing, which again the XBox 360 client already has.

Also, it appears we'll be able to earn the Berlin vehicles in the May event. Not bad since two of them are tier 7, an IS-2 and ISU-122, and the tier 6 Cromwell.

Some curious little bits of info appeared:

WoT PC will finally get weather effects, something the XBox 360 client already head. Though what I'd like to see if the residual smoke from barrels after firing, which again the XBox 360 client already has.

Also, it appears we'll be able to earn the Berlin vehicles in the May event. Not bad since two of them are tier 7, an IS-2 and ISU-122, and the tier 6 Cromwell.
    Well that sounds like what Rita announced for the Russian server it's suppose to be a "grind X exp & kills per nation" event (and seeing how well tokens worked last time I'm expecting them again combined with having to unlock 1 vehicle first for all nations, than the next etc. to really make it a longer grind).

I'd seen the bit where Storm referred to another upcoming marathon mission. But it wasn't clear if he referred to the Berlin vehicles. A premium Cromwell is an intriguing toy to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Bonus code for one day of Premium Account: GFPREMWOT

Advertisement