Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Got the FV201. It's a fun tank.
    Yea but the EU version will be in 8 days score 250k exp and kill 100 tanks from each country OR buy these 10 EUR tokens for each country which each counts as 50k exp knowing the EU team's competence level...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Nody wrote: »
    Yea but the EU version will be in 8 days score 250k exp and kill 100 tanks from each country OR buy these 10 EUR tokens for each country which each counts as 50k exp knowing the EU team's competence level...

Seems the Asia server finally got me something nice... just 15k a day, double exp on tanks counts etc and you get a token and on the weekend you could complete the event 3 times and get the resulting 3 tokens. 30 tokens max and tank in account. Was simple to be fair. I actually paid like $3 to finish it off as I missed a couple of days through illness (and a recent resub back to Eve online is now taking a lot of my time).

To be fair... that EU mission sounds awful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

Got wot working on Xbox one last night its improved controls from 360 I'm finding, done a few missions in multiplayer was good fun, got a medal for good gunner and something else, think in one of the mission's I destroyed two tanks and damaged two others and got an assist before getting blown up, really enjoyed it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The One and 360 share account and play against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PreparationH

Finally got my 5th skill on my Wz-131 crew :D

Took about 850 games in the WZ-131 and 750 in the Type 64 premium tanks with the same crew. I'll post a screenshot when I have enough posts to allow attachments.

Phew! :D

I just checked out vbaddict and it tells me I need 3,359,420 crew xp to get the next skill lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I just checked out vbaddict and it tells me I need 3,359,420 crew xp to get the next skill lol
    A member of our clan is up to 9th skill started now on his type 59. He needed something silly like 26 million exp to get it completed; linky here. Now he is VERY much in love with the 59 and had over 250 million silver last time I checked but yea, personally I'm up to 4th skill at most.

A member of our clan is up to 8th skill started now on his type 59. He needs something silly like 25 million exp to get it completed.

...and I thought I was bad :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Go play a battle and you'll get your BT-7A now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I recently got the T34. Not that impressed with it. Seems slow and the guns inaccurate or low damage. Seems to be designed to push you to the T-34-85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Finally got my 5th skill on my Wz-131 crew :D

Took about 850 games in the WZ-131 and 750 in the Type 64 premium tanks with the same crew. I'll post a screenshot when I have enough posts to allow attachments.

Phew! :D

did you ever go to the 132? probably my fav all rounder light tank at t8. the gun is so good.

A member of our clan is up to 9th skill started now on his type 59. He needed something silly like 26 million exp to get it completed; linky here. Now he is VERY much in love with the 59 and had over 250 million silver last time I checked but yea, personally I'm up to 4th skill at most.

seen a QB elc player replay from the asia server and he had his 8th or 9th.. ridiculous!!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    did you ever go to the 132? probably my fav all rounder light tank at t8. the gun is so good.

Yeah I got the 132, got Ace Mastery on it and sold it. To be honest, I found that Tier for Tier the 131 was a far superior tank. I always felt that the 132 was a kind of a plastic medium. The RoF on the 100mm is crap, the DPM is 300 less than the 131's 85mm and it's reverse speed inadequate for the increase in tank size from the 131.

After the 131, I never felt like the 132 was an upgrade. Good to know you mastered it though, you don't happen to play a lot of meds do you?

beauf wrote: »
    I recently got the T34. Not that impressed with it. Seems slow and the guns inaccurate or low damage. Seems to be designed to push you to the T-34-85.

It's not that fast, no. But it is a late 30's design, it had its limitations in the real world and in-game despite the mythology that surrounds it. The T34-85 by contrast came after nearly 5 years of bitter experiences, so while it's a step up, particularly in firepower, it's still not a speed-demon either.

But the guns have decent pen and very high rates of fire.

And I now have an excuse to boast of this game too:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1002036#mines-thespearman-t-34

And high scores aside, it does show the value of manuevering and flanking heavies.

I'm fine with the M4 or PzIV. I thought the T34 would play the same but better. It doesn't really. I'm going down the Covenanter line at the moment, that line (Brit Med) seems to be deadly in the current patch.

3348 damage... very nice indeed. Did 3143 on my T67 once... we lost, of course. That team needed more carry than I had ammo...

beauf wrote: »
    I'm fine with the M4 or PzIV. I thought the T34 would play the same but better. It doesn't really. I'm going down the Covenanter line at the moment, that line (Brit Med) seems to be deadly in the current patch.

The US T34 is very much a second line heavy. It's reload coupled with weak hull armour means it hard to push with it. You just get punished too much.

I find it makes more sense to treat it like the turreted US TDs like the T30 that looks exactly the same as it. I find in fact that tanks like the T28proto, T30 and T34 made me a better player as you have to play quite a deliberate game with them. No rushing about getting into trouble early.

Yeah I got the 132, got Ace Mastery on it and sold it. To be honest, I found that Tier for Tier the 131 was a far superior tank. I always felt that the 132 was a kind of a plastic medium. The RoF on the 100mm is crap, the DPM is 300 less than the 131's 85mm and it's reverse speed inadequate for the increase in tank size from the 131.

After the 131, I never felt like the 132 was an upgrade. Good to know you mastered it though, you don't happen to play a lot of meds do you?

yeah, i mostly play meds and lights. i found the 131 got into a lot of t10 games and the 132 for me was way more suited for t10, its probably the most agile of the t8 meds, has best camo afaik, might be wrong about the german t8 though. only t7 light i kept was the m41 for obvious reasons.

if i had another chinese crew i would probably rebuy the 131 or even the 59-16 for missions. for all their hate i found the chinese lights to be class. i have the wz120 unlocked about a year ago but never bothered buying it.

The US T34 is very much a second line heavy. It's reload coupled with weak hull armour means it hard to push with it. You just get punished too much.

I find it makes more sense to treat it like the turreted US TDs like the T30 that looks exactly the same as it. I find in fact that tanks like the T28proto, T30 and T34 made me a better player as you have to play quite a deliberate game with them. No rushing about getting into trouble early.

i think he emans the russian t34 at tier 5?

have been tempted to re buy the t28 proto and go for the t28/t95/e3.

i have the t110e4 and for all the flak it gets, its still a mosnter of a td/heavy hybrid.

• Advertisement

i have the t110e4 and for all the flak it gets, its still a mosnter of a td/heavy hybrid.
    I honestly don't understand the hate for the T28/T95/E3 line. Yes you are slow but so beeping what? Simply plan a bit ahead and it's not an issue most of the time; heck I've even solo capped in the T95 for crying out loud. I loved both of them and if you got the E4 done you'll only miss tracks for elite status basically every tier :)

The real annoyance is the additional loader you need to pick up (can't recall if it is on the T28 or the T95).

I honestly don't understand the hate for the T28/T95/E3 line. Yes you are slow but so beeping what? Simply plan a bit ahead and it's not an issue; heck I've even solo capped in the T95 for crying out loud. I loved both of them and if you got the E4 done you'll only miss tracks for elite status basically every tier :)

thats the reasoning behind it too, i have 90% modules unlocked. i actually found the t28proto acceptable for what it was too.

i have about 4 full USSR crews with 3 skills+ in my barracks and no interest in starting any other russian tanks.

might re buy the is8 just to use up a crew.. have played all their heavies and meds.. the lt could be an option actually...

I'd suggest the T28 proto line first, as it'll give the upgrade for the other line, easing the pain somewhat, in particular with the guns.

T28 proto has a painful initial grind but once you get the top gun and get past its lumbering nature it ranks as one of my all time fave tanks in the game. Lovely accuracy, viewrange and a gun that just ****s **** up.

Sitting back with binos and blasting the crap out of stuff is satisfying as hell and even in a push, with the right angle you bounce a hell of a lot off the front.

Getting flanked in it though is easy and makes you want to rage quit sometimes :(

As part of WGs long term policy of removing anything with preferential MM, the JT 88 is being removed.

So instead of rushing to the WG gift shop, you can get them for about €23, which also includes 1250 gold, on kinguin.net should you feel so inclined.

Spear wrote: »
    As part of WGs long term policy of removing anything with preferential MM, the JT 88 is being removed.

So instead of rushing to the WG gift shop, you can get them for about €23, which also includes 1250 gold, on kinguin.net should you feel so inclined.

It's such a situational vehicle, I can't say I was ever tempted.

• Advertisement

It's not that fast, no. But it is a late 30's design, it had its limitations in the real world and in-game despite the mythology that surrounds it. The T34-85 by contrast came after nearly 5 years of bitter experiences, so while it's a step up, particularly in firepower, it's still not a speed-demon either.

But the guns have decent pen and very high rates of fire.

And I now have an excuse to boast of this game too:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1002036#mines-thespearman-t-34

And high scores aside, it does show the value of manuevering and flanking heavies.

Best I did I think was 5 or 6 kills in it. But for me thats mainly luck. On my grind to T-34 it was deadly. I've gone back to the 57mm I do better with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

It's such a situational vehicle, I can't say I was ever tempted.

I got one free through someone who didnt want their Intel code.... It is not a fun tank but can be very effective.... but you need the right map and the right position... as they get rarer I get the feeling that hopefully less people will know how to deal with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Got the BT-7 Arty, my God your lucky if you hit anything with it, but it has turned me into a better rammer

VikingG wrote: »
    but you need the right map and the right position...
    I suppose that the same can be said for any tank, but for the JP 8.8 it seems to be even more pertinent. Gimme a fast, stealth light tank any day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭jimbo79

i think the super pershing is the best of the limited mm tanks, i tried the jt and found it horrible, kv5 is very good too

• Advertisement

of the limited mm, ones i have/have had

jt88cm - still have, dont really like it anymore, makes great credits but so slow and as was mentioned, its very situational.. needs a good corridor city map.

is6 - actually sold it few weeks ago in a rage, the gun is the biggest pos i have ever used, i had my 4 skill is7 crew in it and still couldnt hit a barn door, needs about 70/30 gold rounds which negates credits, really didnt like it so just sold it on. im not keeping un-fun tanks anymore. i played it for about 16 m,onths so had my moneys worth in my mind!!

fcm50t - bought it a while ago, really nice tank, bought it to train up a french heavy crew, gun is accurate, pen is good, mobility is ok, play it like a heavy medium of course. makes good credits too.

a premium tank is all about credits and trianing for me, but when theyre not fun, i wont play them, wo whats the point.

So the Chieftain hit supertest last night...

Now with stats and pics:

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/08/chieftain-on-supertest.html

So the Chieftain hit supertest last night...

Now with stats and pics:

Looks pretty sweet... although 270 pene with standard rounds... does that sound right to you lot?

Looks pretty sweet... although 270 pene with standard rounds... does that sound right to you lot?
    Seeing how it has sod all armor (beyond front turret) and the least hp of any tank (i.e. an even more extreme version of the E5) I can see it having high pen (though may come down slightly).

For a modern 120mm gun like that, yeah, it's sounds about right. It'll still have the DPM of the FV215b at least.

But that hull armour is a worrying sight.

So no marathon for the FV207 like everyone else got, and no marathon for the Type59/Patton like the US gets. Instead it's the WZ-111...again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭jimbo79

So no marathon for the FV207 like everyone else got, and no marathon for the Type59/Patton like the US gets. Instead it's the WZ-111...again.

I missed out the last time. Had very few lines up to 6 at that point. It's good for anyone who didn't get it or newer players. If you already have it will get credits and a days premium for each nation you complete. Serious lack of imagination from wgeu in regards to missions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Ugh, kill requirements.

I wonder will the timing of this mission make people avoid starting the Japanese heavies unless they free exp to tier VI.

Reckon I will try for the WZ this time... last time I got the US, Soviet and German lines easily .. but was short in the jap and chinese lines. Now I have an IS2 and Type58 and my Chi-Ri is just about elited.... so if I put the hours in I should be able to complete it....

Also this time it is 135 kills and 135000 damage so it is a little easier

Once again the WG EU team showing off how incompetent they are...

Thankfully as I'll travel a lot this month I don't have to give a damn as I have the tank already.

• Advertisement

They're not even giving the gold any more for duplicated tanks, you get the 4.9m credits for it instead.

thread on the official forum started about 11 o clock, 13 pages of HATE already haha.

what in the fook were they thinking, RU has an easier mission and gets e25, every other server got the new british heavy 2 weeks ago... EU really are getting fooked up the arse, unvelievable.

theyre not gonna change the mission now at this stage, but they have seriously shot themselves in the foot with AW around the corner.

i didnt grind the last time as i had no british or japanese. i do have japs now, but i still wouldnt bother the grind for the wz, its ****e. i could grind every line and buy the british token, but im not arsed. kill stealing weekend incoming..
    off to spain tomorrow, glad i wont be tempted by this ****e grind.

just for compare
    marathons in 2015 by server
    NA: Wz-111, su-100y and T1E6 for daily login, FV201 and several tier 5-6 tanks for on the track missions, now E-25 and maybe more
    RU: Wz-111, T34, FV201, E25
    Asia: Wz-111, su-100y and T1E6 for daily login, 112, FV201, Wz-111 again
    EU: Wz-111, Wz-111

Copey I saw your post on the forums; you should tell them how you really feel :P

Got a link to that thread?

Got a link to that thread?
    Linky; up to 21 pages currently.

There's a lot of hate there.... and rightly so. I've spent a fortune on this game over the last few years, but I couldn't be arsed in the slightest about this "mission". A Bad tank and a Bad reward.

There's a lot of hate there.... and rightly so. I've spent a fortune on this game over the last few years, but I couldn't be arsed in the slightest about this "mission". A Bad tank and a Bad reward.
    Well the whole "silver instead of gold" is really such a stupid decision; if you got the tank you can easily get the same amount of silver in a week for one tenth of the effort of getting the tank; so why bother?

Well the whole "silver instead of gold" is really such a stupid decision; if you got the tank you can easily get the same amount of silver in a week for one tenth of the effort of getting the tank; so why bother?

To stop people turning the in-game gold into a different premium tank, something they can't do with credits. To be honest I'm surprised they ever allowed gold compensation, when the alternative was always to make people just pay for it instead of getting it for free.

VikingG wrote: »
    Reckon I will try for the WZ this time... last time I got the US, Soviet and German lines easily .. but was short in the jap and chinese lines. Now I have an IS2 and Type58 and my Chi-Ri is just about elited.... so if I put the hours in I should be able to complete it....

Also this time it is 135 kills and 135000 damage so it is a little easier

All right .. having second thoughts.. Played the last 2 nights and up to 70 kills and 75k damage... I find I have to bounce between tier 6 and tier 8 to keep the kills and damage in sync... the only trouble is it took me 3 hours the first night and 3h 15m last night... and that is just to keep on track. I dont have the time to play any more than that and wont have the ability to do a 10 hour stint at the weekends...... so think for my sanity I will leave this one slip by..... heck I have the last 2 episodes of True Detective to watch ... I am not waiting to October to watch that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

It's not a bad mission if you want/need to do it but the motivation isn't really there for me this time. I'm not much in the mood to play tanks at the moment and I have no real desire for WZ-111. I have a few tier 8 premiums already and WZ doesn't really appeal to me.

Something that made me laugh was posted on the WG forums "Hey, now you can train your crew for the worst tier 10 heavy! WG, please look at 113 after you finishing buffing the IS-7..again."

For a different tank I might have done the mission. I don't think WG deserve all the flaming over it anyway. It's still a tier 8 premium, it doesn't matter if it was available before. Plenty of people with little or no premium tanks will be snapping these up.

Advertisement