Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

Just played with the tier 1 and 2 last night.... it was fun to play Mittengard and play low tier again... reckon I might stay at tier 3 for a while just to pump up the crew skill level a bit ... Also there are a few new low tier tanks I need to kill to close out on that medal for killing all the tanks in each nation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

With 82mm pen at tier 3, you should stay capable of hurting the tier 5 heavies at least. You'll just have to grin and bear the tier 4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Anyone who won tanks in the last campaign can go make their choice now.

I've gone for the T95E6. I'm well aware the official stats are worrisome, but the other three are essentially clones of things I already have, those being the E100, object 140 and M48.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

Done a few multi player games there yesterday, some were very frustrating, guys just driving off randomly and leaving one tank against three or four or in one case with me I was well located between some bushes and rocks and able to knock out two enemy tanks when one of my own team decided to push me out and I got knocked out, but I stuck with it for a another mission and the difference was amazing, I got lucky got a team where myself and four others worked together and we used the commands and radio's to move around and cover each others moves and knocked out all enemy tanks for the loss of one of our team, when you get a team like that it makes it alot of fun compared to the clowns I was with before that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A good team makes a night and day difference.

Most players aren't playing as a team. They are trying to grind credits or earn badges and other things that they might not actually want to help you. You'd probably need to play with a clan to get a proper team game.

Anyway I wouldn't get frustrated about. Trying to be the hero is bad tactically.

Got a Ace tanker in the Hellcat last night. Kinda surprising. I find it hard to play. Easy to lose credits unless you're super sneaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

beauf wrote: »
    Got a Ace tanker in the Hellcat last night. Kinda surprising. I find it hard to play. Easy to lose credits unless you're super sneaky.

Always loved the Hellcat but it's less fun to play since it was nerfed a few patches back.
    Well done.

Login and win a battle to get a free Toldi III and some food consumables.

Use AXTHGH12BN15MASA to get another 24 chocolates rations added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone found WoT very laggy the last week or so? Game ran smooth as silk for me through most of December but now I'm finding my ping is predominantly up in the 70s-80s very regularly and I'm getting lag spikes every few seconds of movement.

• Advertisement

Anyone found WoT very laggy the last week or so? Game ran smooth as silk for me through most of December but now I'm finding my ping is predominantly up in the 70s-80s very regularly and I'm getting lag spikes every few seconds of movement.

No, same as always for me.

Installed new beta drivers for my graphics card and flushed my DNS, seems to have solved the problem thankfully.

I thought it was a bit slower since the last patch but I'm playing it on an very low spec.

I finally made Ace Mastery in the E-25:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2401473#steppes-thespearman-e_25

And a knife edge ending despite my efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

Spear wrote: »
    I finally made Ace Mastery in the E-25:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2401473#steppes-thespearman-e_25

And a knife edge ending despite my efforts.

Nice game.
    Shame you couldn't see it to the end but you did get the Eye for an Eye so you went down fighting.

I think I've played about 10 games in WoT in the past month or so. I'm enjoying Armored Warfare a lot more. Maybe I just needed a break.

Played my first game with the O-I Experimental, nice to be on the other side of that behemoth. Feels like I'm driving something out of Warhammer 40K. :D

• Advertisement

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    Nice game.
    Shame you couldn't see it to the end but you did get the Eye for an Eye so you went down fighting.

I think I've played about 10 games in WoT in the past month or so. I'm enjoying Armored Warfare a lot more. Maybe I just needed a break.

I'm happy to go down fighting under any and all conditions, that doesn't bother me. What grates there was being just one shot out from a Radley-Walters medal.

Played my first game with the O-I Experimental, nice to be on the other side of that behemoth. Feels like I'm driving something out of Warhammer 40K. :D

The Japanese Army really did build that thing, and there's good evidence that they built the later O-I as well. Be careful with it though, the armour is only 75mm, you're far from invulnerable.

The Japanese Army really did build that thing, and there's good evidence that they built the later O-I as well. Be careful with it though, the armour is only 75mm, you're far from invulnerable.

Yeah, I knew that from facing it with my TDs and Russian heavies, for it's size it's actually a quite decent peekaboo tank. Big shocker for me is the amount of XP I'm earning, come nowhere near it with my KV1 or 1S.

Yeah, I knew that from facing it with my TDs and Russian heavies, for it's size it's actually a quite decent peekaboo tank. Big shocker for me is the amount of XP I'm earning, come nowhere near it with my KV1 or 1S.

My winrates in the O-I and O-I exp were 62 and 64% respectively, it's a strong tank, often untouchable when top tier. But as mentioned, don't be reckless all the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My winrates in the O-I and O-I exp were 62 and 64% respectively, it's a strong tank, often untouchable when top tier. But as mentioned, don't be reckless all the same.
    I found the Type 4 to be the biggest troll tank to be honest; I bounced 4 JgpzE100 shots in a row by angling, tanked E4, E5s etc. The best game in it armor absorbed 10.5k damage inc. gold shots but yea, it's top speed is about 20km an hour so you're playing taller version of the T95 with a turret. In all honesty I found the Jap. line in general a great line to work on angling with (since sides are so weak you need to work that front armor in general) and I'll be honest it's a heavy line that suits my style (big alpha guns, slow, heavy armor).

Yeah, my winrate is currently 58%, heh I am having to try to rein myself in when the mood to be reckless strikes me.

Played mostly TDs (German and Russian) and Heavies (Russian and now Japanese), thinking about working through a good Medium and wondering what people would recommend? I tend to be a bit recklessly aggressive at times so maybe something which compliments/compensates for that. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Played mostly TDs (German and Russian) and Heavies (Russian and now Japanese), thinking about working through a good Medium and wondering what people would recommend? I tend to be a bit recklessly aggressive at times so maybe something which compliments/compensates for that. :o
    I know quite a few people hate it but I liked the Chinese medium line; they are not the fastest, or highest DPS or pen but they had a good balance of damage, tankiness and speed for my liking. Helped I had a type 59 to train the crews in as well.

Lack of gun depression was really annoying on the Chinese stuff I found. The British line tends to have good gun depression and broadly maintains the same character throughout the line.

Nody wrote: »
    I know quite a few people hate it but I liked the Chinese medium line; they are not the fastest, or highest DPS or pen but they had a good balance of damage, tankiness and speed for my liking. Helped I had a type 59 to train the crews in as well.

Haven't really looked at the Chinese line, I'm wondering if my TD experience might mitigate the lack of gun depression Spear mentions below.
    Lack of gun depression was really annoying on the Chinese stuff I found. The British line tends to have good gun depression and broadly maintains the same character throughout the line.

Was debating the British line, seems quite decent.

I don't play a TD the same as a turreted medium or TD. I tend to be more cheeky with a turret especially if it can bounce some shots and play ridges more. Which is when depression is needed. In other words I don't miss it in a TD but I do in a medium. That said I'm dire so what do I know. I play a Cromwell very differently to a Hellcat, and different again with my SU85. I started playing the M4A1 which many say plays like a TD. I feel the depression in that isn't enough.

When top tier they seem to dominate. If you have a strong team that will work together and flank they can be easy to take down. But if it ends up a face to face slugfest its hard to beat, especially if your in something with light armour.

So we finally get the FV4202 mission details:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/mission-marathon-fv4202p/

The requirements aren't too horrible just 450k in damage, and do 10 of the daily XP missions, which runs concurrently. But the timeframe is reduced to just two weeks, which means it may be inconvenient.

And arguably the FV4202 is a poor premium, but I'm still inclined to complete it out of stubborness at this point.

The 450k damage is what annoys me to be honest; add in poor games / low tier games and you're looking at around 1500 damage per game or 300 games to get it in 2 weeks or about 2.5 to 3h a day in randoms every day. That's when the time limit really bites esp. as I may be travelling during those weeks :/

I've seen it on "worst tank in the game" lists more than a few times but nothing has prepared me for the sheer unrelenting drudgery that is the M3 Lee. :(

I've taken to playing it like a TD (which seems to be the default advice) but even with camo and paint the sheer size and lack of inherent camo value really just restricts it to being a poor ambush predator. I'm sorely tempted to liquidate 20K free XP and just unlock the M4 and T1 and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Once it's fully upgraded it can be alright...

And if you think that's bad never try the French or British line. The French amx40 (I think I'd the right name) is the first tank I've not been able to grind through. Just couldn't do it.

It has a half decent gun the M3. But otherwise its s pita to grind. I think the DW2 is worse.

It's done this way so you'll give up and pay to get to your favourite tanks.

• Advertisement

Did the DW2, perhaps it's just I've blocked out the worst memories but I didn't find it too bad. Then again I was regularly using gold ammo on it.

I have the Lee fully researched/equipped bar the next tier tank unlocks so sadly I can't look forward to it improving somewhat with upgrades. The weapon upgrade perplexed me, no significant improvement at all with it as far as I could see.

Playing with Gold would have made a big difference. The main problem with the DW2 was not having a enough pen on the gun. Not a problem you have with the Lee for example. The Lee though gets penned by everything.

TBH you get the thing with a lot of the tanks. I'm just on the KV85 and with the stock gun its pretty dismal. You can make the grind easier by using equipment. You can make getting equipment easier by having a premium T8 tank as they make credits just by turning up in a game. Though once you have a tank that makes credits easily, there's much less incentive to grind a tank thats hard to play/earn credits.

The M3 Lee got a bad rep early on in the game and never shook it off. There's far worse now, such as the aforementioned DW2. But keep your distance and rely upon the decent gun where possible. When I played it, it even had the option from TDs to lock the hull by pressing X, just to further reinforce its usage as TD styled.

I found like many weaker tanks, you just have take a back seat role. Wait until the battle develops then pick off weaker or damaged tanks. Don't be the lead tank.

I've seen it on "worst tank in the game" lists more than a few times but nothing has prepared me for the sheer unrelenting drudgery that is the M3 Lee. :(

I've taken to playing it like a TD (which seems to be the default advice) but even with camo and paint the sheer size and lack of inherent camo value really just restricts it to being a poor ambush predator. I'm sorely tempted to liquidate 20K free XP and just unlock the M4 and T1 and move on.
    The Unicum guide actually came up with a YT video on it recently; not to much advice but at least some.

The Unicum guide actually came up with a YT video on it recently; not to much advice but at least some.

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2016/01/the-unicum-guide-m3lee.html

That was legitimately hilarious, cheers Nody.

Unicum v funny. Also very accurate too.

Just Elited my Lee a few minutes ago, actually ended up not using Free XP at all.

While Sliphanton definitely does have good insight into how the Lee should be played, it's still hugely reliant on favourable matchmaking, competent teammates, oblivious enemies, good cover availability and just luck in general (more so than other tanks that I've played). When you get a good run it's amazingly satisfying to kill half an enemy team but when it's bad it's bloody awful. Not sure whether I'll proceed with the M4 or the T1 (>whynotboth.png) or perhaps continue the British medium line to give myself so more variety.

• Advertisement

The British medium line is fun, but their increased reliance on maneuvering and lack of armour may make them unforgiving for newer players. But an old vet in a Cromwell will run amok.

And now it's been revealed the NA players are getting the FV4202 for free if they've already played one match in one before it's removal.

Is it usual for the American servers to get stuff like that? I'm still mostly mucking around in the lower tiers trying to build up a bit of variety to play.

Actually are there any Boards/Irish-based/English-speaking clans for WoT people can recommend? Have a friend who plays irregularly and it would be nice to team up more often.

And now it's been revealed the NA players are getting the FV4202 for free if they've already played one match in one before it's removal.
    EU CS showing their true competence as always...

EU CS showing their true competence as always...

NA are claiming this was a screwup by their CS instead, and they're now committed to honouring it.

NA are claiming this was a screwup by their CS instead, and they're now committed to honouring it.
    Sure; a screw up on a video uploaded several days before the announcement with completely different dates to fulfill it; call me a paranoid aluminum hat wearing Wargaming hater but I smell an attempt to back peddle and cover up.

Rita actually made a great comment on this on her blog:
    +Nya-chan Production You are just trying to find an excuse. And I always check Video Manager before making a video public and after is goes public too its actually unnatural for someone to not do it. I even went full CSI for you... you know usually how many videos appear on the video manager without having to scroll down? 8+-. And if you scroll the whole way down? 30. Now, the last time these guys (Paul Barnett and Co.) uploaded something was a week ago (Until the End of time video) after it there were (including the FV 4202 (P) one which was not yet public) 4 videos on the top of the Video Manager list and not only that, their thumbnails are actually quite distinctive from the rest. Also how do I know this video had to made very recently? Well.. I'm a woman and women come equipped with a perk that notices small things in a men and this one in particular, likes very much a guy with facial hair. Paul Bennett has let his hair (mostly) and beard grow since 8 January where he appears with a clean cut on The Great Tiger Hunt video. So no... they couldn't have have overlooked it like that. "I guess this is a... hairy situation: https://youtu.be/6YMPAH67f4o "
    So not only is the video not something they did ages ago but very recent; there's also not a whole lot of videos produced to claim "they forgot about it going live".

• Advertisement

Sure; a screw up on a video uploaded several days before the announcement with completely different dates to fulfill it; call me a paranoid aluminum hat wearing Wargaming hater but I smell an attempt to back peddle and cover up.

Not that I don't appreciate healthy cynicism, but I'd normally expect WG to not back pedal, but just brazen it out with the usual story of different servers, different giveaways/missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anything be playing regularly on ps4?

guil wrote: »

Haven't seen any mention yet, it's still mostly PC players round here given the much longer time it's existed there.

guil wrote: »

Gave it a go yesterday, the left analogue stick for movement is hugely overly sensitive I found, ended up almost doing a donut trying to turn right for a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

haven't been here in a while, still playing.

what clams are people playing in now, im still in SRSLY but its gone very stale and lacklustre.

CRYII is active lads?
    was thinking of moving, maybe cry or qsf, yes im a fanboi!! few friends have moved to qsf-e

• Advertisement
Advertisement