Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

copeyhagen wrote: »
    haven't been here in a while, still playing.

what clams are people playing in now, im still in SRSLY but its gone very stale and lacklustre.

CRYII is active lads?
    was thinking of moving, maybe cry or qsf, yes im a fanboi!! few friends have moved to qsf-e

All 4 or 5 Cry clans are still fully active. Cry2 matured nicely and commonly holds land in CW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm in CryII Cop.; not sure if they gave me back my DC position yet or not but I don't care to much over that :P. Anyway, yes CRYII is still active, do CW a few nights a week, detachments etc. and us old gits who've been around get to sit at the back benches and talk about the good old days :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone ever have a tank that feels cursed to lose? Bought a M8A1, grand little tank destroyer, actually quite fond of it as a tank but for the life of me it seems to attract loses like a moth to a flame. I've seen dumb **** by allies of a calibre I've never encountered with any other tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭VikingG

The M8 is like a lot of those fast TDs .. the speed can get you in trouble more often that it can help you....

I don't mean I die more often than usual in it (well I do but not the point), I mean that the teammates I get matched up with seem to be a lot worse than usual.

As a TD the M8A1 is fine, sure it can't take a hit to save its life but it has good speed, a good gun, good accuracy, it's a grand little tank. I actually do quite well with it when I have a half competent team that doesn't all just charge the centre and get cut apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i was chattin to foyada last night in game, so popped onto the ts about 10.30pm but couldn't see anyone online.

ill pop on again tonight, maybe it was hiding users from me as I had no permissions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i was chattin to foyada last night in game, so popped onto the ts about 10.30pm but couldn't see anyone online.

ill pop on again tonight, maybe it was hiding users from me as I had no permissions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sorry been caught up in an XCom 2 frenzy atm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

That's ok, just some of the latest WOT videos here:

• Advertisement

Is it worth picking up the Lowe while it's on "sale"? I've had my eye on it for a while but I don't really consider 1.5m credits worth of "free" equipment to be the equivalent of a 24%/€15 discount.

Is it worth picking up the Lowe while it's on "sale"? I've had my eye on it for a while but I don't really consider 1.5m credits worth of "free" equipment to be the equivalent of a 24%/€15 discount.
    If you don't mind waiting it should rotate into a 15% discount in the future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Considering the cost of it, do as much research as you can before hand, as it's very possible you may not enjoy it. It's slow, the armour is ropy, but the gun is a solid performer, and since it's damage that earns credits, it may work for you.

Nody wrote: »
    If you don't mind waiting it should rotate into a 15% discount in the future.

I'd probably be more inclined to wait for an actual discount, tbh if it had come with 30 days premium over all the equipment I'd be more inclined to pick it up.
    Spear wrote: »
    Considering the cost of it, do as much research as you can before hand, as it's very possible you may not enjoy it. It's slow, the armour is ropy, but the gun is a solid performer, and since it's damage that earns credits, it may work for you.

Yeah it seems very much a love it or hate it tank, kind of like a heavy TD without the same DPM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

So the FV4202 (P) mission started today. There seems to be alot of whining on the forum about the mission requirement to score at least 750 base experience in a battle once a day for ten days.

I think the biggest problem is the 450,000 damage requirement. You have 14 days to achieve it, so that works out at 32,143 damage every day. Seems a bit excessive.

Aenaes wrote: »
    So the FV4202 (P) mission started today. There seems to be alot of whining on the forum about the mission requirement to score at least 750 base experience in a battle once a day for ten days.

I think the biggest problem is the 450,000 damage requirement. You have 14 days to achieve it, so that works out at 32,143 damage every day. Seems a bit excessive.
    I agree; and the fact you're limited to tier 8 or higher only...

But to get the mission at all you must, by definition, already have a tier 10 anyway, so making it tier 8+ isn't that big a deal. Plus there's less value in playing sub tier 8 given the damage based requirement of the mission.

Still, in better news, the FV4202 is getting buffed in response to it's poor capabilities and the scathing reviews it received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Is there a point to your vids or you just pimping your channel?

• Advertisement

Is there a point to your vids or you just pimping your channel?
    LOL. I'm not a flashy foreigner with a harem of prostitutes wolfy.

The point is, I've made the videos for entertainment, enlightenment, advice and just to have a good ramble in general. As it is relevant to World of Tanks and no-one on this entire forum has made videos about the game, I might as well step up and take care of business. :)

Just for that, have another video. :)

But to get the mission at all you must, by definition, already have a tier 10 anyway, so making it tier 8+ isn't that big a deal. Plus there's less value in playing sub tier 8 given the damage based requirement of the mission.
    Several of my current daily grind tanks are sub tier 8 though (crew training mainly) :(

So I kept going on the Hidden Archives project, and now I've won a T34-85M. I know it's a lacklustre premium, but free is free.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The point is, I've made the videos for entertainment, enlightenment, advice and just to have a good ramble in general................ I might as well step up and take care of business. :)

Just for that, have another video. :)....
    So. pimping your channel then. I will take a few moments to watch both vids, sincerely hope I like them and want to watch more.

8.3k spotting...in the M48 Patton rather than a light:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2505703#murovanka-thespearman-m48a1_patton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I really wish there was some kind of trade option with this game. I regret so much playing heavy tanks. I have my E75 and E100 and while they are great tanks, I find the speed handicap a massive challenge. I would happily pay some gold to be able to swap my E75 to the T54 Medium.

I have over 1500 battles played, I just wish I had gone down the Russian line. I did start the grind again and I am as far as the T44 but I would need over 200,000 stars to unlock the T54 and that is just soul destroying.

Someone please feel sorry for me :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The point is, I've made the videos for entertainment, enlightenment, advice and just to have a good ramble in general. As it is relevant to World of Tanks and no-one on this entire forum has made videos about the game, I might as well step up and take care of business. :)

Just for that, have another video. :)

It would be vastly improved by turning off the background music when you are talking. Also try to vary your tone of voice. Its all sounds the same. Like reading a book with no paragraphs, or sentences. Also have some theme or objective. There's too many random videos of WOT with people aimlessly driving around. Even a voice over of what you were thinking as you were playing is far more interesting.

8.3k spotting...in the M48 Patton rather than a light:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2505703#murovanka-thespearman-m48a1_patton

I always under estimate what you earn for spotting.

logik wrote: »
    I really wish there was some kind of trade option with this game. I regret so much playing heavy tanks. I have my E75 and E100 and while they are great tanks, I find the speed handicap a massive challenge. I would happily pay some gold to be able to swap my E75 to the T54 Medium.

I have over 1500 battles played, I just wish I had gone down the Russian line. I did start the grind again and I am as far as the T44 but I would need over 200,000 stars to unlock the T54 and that is just soul destroying.

Someone please feel sorry for me :):)

1500 games is barely starting out. You should consider progresing up a few lines simultaneously, rather than just focussing on the one. With the use of daily double you'll make more overall progress, but less on a given line.

1500 games is barely starting out. You should consider progresing up a few lines simultaneously, rather than just focussing on the one. With the use of daily double you'll make more overall progress, but less on a given line.

That is true and is what I am doing at the moment. I never liked the AT or ART classes and light tanks in my opinion are only useful in the lower tiers. Once you hit 7+ they are killed to quickly.

I am going to grind the T-44 and all of my premium tanks. I will then convert their stars into free stars and that way I can move through various trees faster.

I think I'm at 3k games. But I did loads of lines at the same time. That seem to take ages. Not sure its the right approach tbh. Buying a T8 premium to earn credits is just far more efficient. Second only to a premium account apparently. Some tanks are just awful and being stuck grinding on them is just misery. The MM seems to be even worse these days. See a lot of games with a huge imbalance in heavies. Which really hurts WR. The T8 will make credits win or lose. Compare that to the hellcat which loses credits almost every game, regardless how good a game you have.

• Advertisement

I really think doing this makes the most sense. You can buy 30 days premium for about 8.99 euro but I think buying a premium high end tank is a better approach.

Its the least amount of money. Premium ac earns more but costs more.

Bonus code for a free day of premium: WOTEXTRADAY

works on NA and EU, credit goes to TAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Researched and bought the T-34 yesterday, it's been a huge disappointment so far. Expected better speed, accuracy and agility.

Garzard wrote: »
    Researched and bought the T-34 yesterday, it's been a huge disappointment so far. Expected better speed, accuracy and agility.

Is it fully upgraded? The 57mm gun tends to be the favoured one last I recall.

Is it fully upgraded? The 57mm gun tends to be the favoured one last I recall.

Still stuck with the stock gun Mod. 1940. The S-54 and 57mm appear to have decent penetration. But IMO the speed is shocking - the upgraded engine offers only 20 increased hp with a 5000XP research cost.

Have to agree. Was Really looking forward to the Russian T34, and its just underwhelming . Hardly ever play it. I play it with the 57mm. The 76mm is too inaccurate. 57mm is deadly accurate and rof, but does too little damage. I was grinding to the T34-85 but I've kinda lost interest. Thinking of skipping it. The current KV85 is a bit meh too. Don't play it much either.

The T28 and the KV1S have been most fun for me thus far on the russian line. The SU76 and SU85 too.

Still stuck with the stock gun Mod. 1940. The S-54 and 57mm appear to have decent penetration. But IMO the speed is shocking - the upgraded engine offers only 20 increased hp with a 5000XP research cost.

Yeah. Doesn't play like a medium. I play it like a sniper with bino's which just seems wrong. Since I got a premium tank I don't bother grinding credits with these tanks. Just XP. I've it maxed out for ages but haven't bothered upgrading to the next tank on this line.

beauf wrote: »
    The T28 and the KV1S have been most fun for me thus far on the russian line. The SU76 and SU85 too.

I was relieved to be rid of the T-28 to say the least! Its large size, weak armour and relatively inaccuracy made it a liability, hence why I prioritise them as easy targets.

Right now on the KV-1S, while I generally love howitzers, the 122mm just wasn't what I'd hoped. Haven't managed to one-shot anything with it yet, not even against an AMX ELC earlier today. Partly because the 12 sec reload is causing me to lose targets or be overrun by groups. Switched back to the 85mm as a result.

• Advertisement

You need to add rammer and gun laying drive are needed to get the best out of it. With any derp gun, you can't get in the middle of a fight you need to hang back and pick off the stragglers. Aim for soft spots sides and rear otherwise the HE shell is diluted, and you won't get the full effect. The 85mm is much less accurate in the KV1S than the KV1 for me. Not sure why.

The T28 has the 57mm which is brilliant. Again its like a fast sniper. Can't take hit at all. Takes a while to get used to it.

Decided yesterday to work towards the T29 through the T1 Heavy - M6 route. Made the mistake the other week of going the Sherman way. Had to purchase the Lee again, but a lengthy winning streak and X3 XP from Personal Reserves allowed me to manage the 14'000 research cost of the T1 in just a couple of hours.

T29 is such a sexy tank when you max it out.

T1 Heavy can break peoples hearts if they don't know how to play. It's the tank I really learned about angling in.

Only piece of advice you should follow is to bite the bullet and spend the time to get the top gun on the M6 otherwise you'll be stuck with a peashooter for the T29 and you won't be able to do anything in it.

T1 Heavy can break peoples hearts if they don't know how to play. It's the tank I really learned about angling in.

Only piece of advice you should follow is to bite the bullet and spend the time to get the top gun on the M6 otherwise you'll be stuck with a peashooter for the T29 and you won't be able to do anything in it.

There's few sights more tragic than a T29 with a 76mm gun. Only the image of a Tiger trying to use the 105mm derp gun competes with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Only bought my T29 2 weeks ago. Found the M6 a hard slog but I unlocked the top gun with it and used the Sherman A2 to unlock the T29 itself.

I wasn't happy with this result. The bulk of the team began dropping like flies after everyone bottlenecked themselves in the town. Organisation fell apart once they got fired upon. Very frustrating to see.

I wasn't happy with this result. The bulk of the team began dropping like flies after everyone bottlenecked themselves in the town. Organisation fell apart once they got fired upon. Very frustrating to see.

You can just press printscreen for a screenshot.

Decided yesterday to work towards the T29 through the T1 Heavy - M6 route. Made the mistake the other week of going the Sherman way. Had to purchase the Lee again, but a lengthy winning streak and X3 XP from Personal Reserves allowed me to manage the 14'000 research cost of the T1 in just a couple of hours.

I like the Shermans. I do well with the M4 with the 105 Derp gun. I find it far more accurate than the 76 for some reason. I also have the M4A1 aswell. Deeply flawed but fun tank. The T29 seems to do well in most games. Maybe I should go that route too.

beauf wrote: »
    I like the Shermans. I do well with the M4 with the 105 Derp gun. I find it far more accurate than the 76 for some reason. I also have the M4A1 aswell. Deeply flawed but fun tank. The T29 seems to do well in most games. Maybe I should go that route too.

They're very good tanks. I'm finished with the Sherman III and have researched the Firefly but haven't anywhere near enough credits to buy it. Also have the M4 and initially decided to go the that route towards the T29 but realised it would have taken much longer. Still want the Easy Eight though!

• Advertisement

The M4 with the derp cannon and gold ammo was a troll to behold before Wargaming ruined all the fun and changed how the ammo worked :(

Advertisement