Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Spear wrote: »
    There'll be a new premium M41 Bulldog with a 90mm gun coming soon. I'm quite tempted by this, since I have an excellent Ru-251 crew to go in it already.

Nice, Spear are you in a clan?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nice, Spear are you in a clan?

Cry Havoc for several years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Starting to get less bothered with the M6 by the day. Very mundane grind, I haven't found it to be a great XP maker either. I think it was 5000+ XP for the M1A2 - virtually no improvement over the stock gun, another 5000+ for the upgraded turret but that's held to ransom until I research the new suspension (another 5000).

Then you have the 90mm (14'000) which is a must for the T29 but itself is 42'000.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You definitely need the 90mm for the T29, but the T29 does mark a sudden shift in US tanks to the thick mantlet archetype which defines a good few of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Btw what gun is recommended for the tier 8 CZ line? They are all pretty darn similar though I'm inclined towards the 88mm vz. 41N due to having the best pen overall.

• Advertisement

I'm still on the T-34-100 myself, so I can't advise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm still on the T-34-100 myself, so I can't advise.
    Same atm, 2k exp to go. According to forums it's the 88 with old turret (better gun depression) or the 105 with the new turret and playing support sniper apparently.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

There'll be a new premium M41 Bulldog with a 90mm gun coming soon. I'm quite tempted by this, since I have an excellent Ru-251 crew to go in it already.

Im confuzzled....M41=USA, RU-251=German? Really?

Tenger wrote: »
    Im confuzzled....M41=USA, RU-251=German? Really?

It's the M41 used by the German army, with a 90mm gun.

Ah, I see Grasshopper.

The German getting all the Premium tank lovin'

• Advertisement

See the QB review...looks pretty sweet. I do like the M41 as it is.
    Not too sure about the WG paint job however.

Thoughts on whether it will appear as a future 'normal' premium?

Tanks.gg has two listings, one GF and one normal form of it. If I recall rightly, they datamine the files for theirs stats. But they never did a normal AMX 13-57 despite the demand for one. At least the decals are a little more restrained than that.

The Jagdpanzer IV was just one of several tanks on my to-buy list for a few weeks but saw there it was reduced by a 1/3 in price. Couldn't resist. It'll be one helluva grind to the Jagdpanther though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Polar101

See the QB review...looks pretty sweet. I do like the M41 as it is.
    Not too sure about the WG paint job however.

Thoughts on whether it will appear as a future 'normal' premium?

I'd prefer it without a website ad.. I don't think they were that common in WW2. Maybe there will be a normal version available?

Feel a bit cheated here tbh, even in a loss I'd normally receive twice this XP amount for a similar performance.

They're mostly lower tier though. What was the total damage you did?

Polar101 wrote: »
    I'd prefer it without a website ad.. I don't think they were that common in WW2. Maybe there will be a normal version available?
    Dont really think so as they were designed to replace the M24 Chaffee, M41 entered service in 1953

Dont really think so as they were designed to replace the M24 Chaffee, M41 entered service in 1953

I think he means the ads weren't common in WW2....

So Rampage mode is getting pulled, along with its missions. No indication if that means there'll never be a way to get the T-22sr. I would hope they'd just add it as personal mission campaign, it seems illogical to abandon the work/investment already done into the model.

But if a game mode isn't implemented into random battle mode, I suspect many of the all too dumb average players will never touch it.

So Rampage mode is getting pulled, along with its missions. No indication if that means there'll never be a way to get the T-22sr. I would hope they'd just add it as personal mission campaign, it seems illogical to abandon the work/investment already done into the model.
    More importantly they are going to nerf it down to average levels (which being WG usually means it will be worse than average.
    But if a game mode isn't implemented into random battle mode, I suspect many of the all too dumb average players will never touch it.
    For me it was not a question of it needing to be random mode but a pure tier X game mode simply means it was pretty much a guaranteed gold fiesta with money loss every time and missed time grinding up my lines. Add in the missions being silly hard (hence 95% of the owners of the T-22S having to cheat to get the tank by having enemy platoons not playing etc. simply to achieve them) and there was simply no reason to play the mode even if it was different and fun because there was no chance in hell I'd get those missions done anyway so a few games for fun and back to grinding...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Was I. Town today. Couldn't resist. :D

Had to take out knock off zippo insides and put in my own. :)

DSC_1185_zpshtkv6rpw.jpg

Was I. Town today. Couldn't resist. :D

Had to take out knock off zippo insides and put in my own. :)

[/URL]

Oh lovely, SS memorabilia. No, definitely not WG approved.

Oh lovely, SS memorabilia. No, definitely not WG approved.

Oh God it's not. It is knock off thing. 10eu for it, I though only for case. Turns out it's for lighter all together.
    Lighter is horrible, so I threw it out right away amd put in my zippo guts. Thing is the case is very very good quality. I was a bit shocked.
    Yes, it's not official, but it still looks very cool and feels very good. And I love my zippos I got two already.

Despite the unfortunate choice of that specific Panzer IV, the actual engraving seems good quality though.

Despite the unfortunate choice of that specific Panzer IV, the actual engraving seems good quality though.

I don't really care about ko9. Its obviously a German world war 2 tank. It was a ss tank commanders tank if I know it correct? So what, it's world of tanks not world of ss.
    It could have been tiger tank or anything else.

I would be more happy with just tank on its own, but unfortunately it's not. When I get bored of it, I'll get different cover.

I'm mostly just being facetious, most would struggle to recognise it as anything beyond a tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So a quick disclaimer, I hate arty, they should all burn but after seeing a Quickybaby video there a while back I noticed he was using a mod I'd never heard of called Battle Assistant.

Holy crap it has totally revolutionised arty for me, so much so that.... I hate to say it, I've been playing my hummel for the last couple of days and having an absolute blast and after years of having the hummel but not being interested in going any further with arty I've finally bought the gw panther.

If you haven't heard of this mod you need to get it. You hit G and it switches the view from top down to a sort of isometric, side on view, sort of like sniper mode. Your aim is greatly improved and whilst it's a totally approved app it almost feels like cheating.

If you haven't heard of this mod you need to get it. You hit G and it switches the view from top down to a sort of isometric, side on view, sort of like sniper mode. Your aim is greatly improved and whilst it's a totally approved app it almost feels like cheating.
    It won the NA or Russian (I can't remember which) WG mod contest so yes; very much allowed. Honestly I think the arty rage is funny (I got all tier X arties) because it is by far the most frustrating thing to use due to the huuuuuuuuuuuuge RNG involved (nothing like missing every shell for a full game as an arty to make you feel useless esp. with 30s+ reload) when most top tier TDs will deal as much or more damage in half the time with greatly increased accuracy without being spotted. Having said that dropping a shell on a light moving at full speed always brings a smile to my face (esp. as 99% of the tankers in WoT think zig zagging in a pattern at constant speed turning alternating every 3s right or left makes them "impossible to hit" rather than being just as predictable as going in a straight line at a constant speed).

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

So a quick disclaimer, I hate arty, they should all burn but after seeing a Quickybaby video there a while back I noticed he was using a mod I'd never heard of called Battle Assistant.

It is now part of the XVM modpack that Quickybaby releases..

• Advertisement

That's the default view style that AW uses, and WG have openly suggested implementing it in the client.

Advertisement