Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

all cancers shall burn....

but in seriousness, I played the germans, Russians and French back in the day, when they were op.

I have been fighting with myself to rebuy one of them for the IM's to get female crew members... I just haven't been able to do it yet..

I fooking hate arty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

VikingG wrote: »
    It is now part of the XVM modpack that Quickybaby releases..

Tried his mod pack but it messed with how I like my markers. I dunno if these things are easy to change about but the default xvm for me is tank and the alt is name and percentage. It allows me to see if the people I'm immediately facing are good/bad. His mod takes that away and I didn't know how to tinker.

I DO like his damage received indicator though. Pointless but was nice to know when someone was firing gold at you. I did try to look for a standalone mod for this but couldn't find one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Tried that new arty mod in a couple of games. Defintely makes positioning lot easier. At least now you cn see what is blocking your LoS rather than having to backtrack until you see one part of a ruined building sticking up.
    I expect it will make arty more mobile as they try to move into better positions (well it has already done that for me in my baby tier 5 handful of arty's)

Still dont like them though.......fully aimed......miss....35 secs wait to reload and re acquire a target.
    I do enjoy the FV304 however

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So WoWs is about to get its first dynamic weather effects, which drastically drops view ranges. And WoT still gets nothing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    So WoWs is about to get its first dynamic weather effects, which drastically drops view ranges. And WoT still gets nothing.
    PS4 has it but Russian potato computers stop it for us :/

• Advertisement

i use fog remover anyway!!

aslains modpack and manual installer is the best imo, it has nearly every mod built in, and you pick and choose which ones you want.

it also shows a preview of the modpack.

those settings for xvm are all editable there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Seen a huge improvement on the BDR G1 since applying the 90mm to it. W/L rate is now at 50% and already close to the research cost of the ARL 44.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Garzard wrote: »
    Seen a huge improvement on the BDR G1 since applying the 90mm to it. W/L rate is now at 50% and already close to the research cost of the ARL 44.
    Tough line to go down, still on my arl, have the max m4 45 (thinks that's the tank)researched but not bought, but can't wait for the 50 100

Bought another years premium on discount.

Tough line to go down, still on my arl, have the max m4 45 (thinks that's the tank)researched but not bought, but can't wait for the 50 100

Bought another years premium on discount.

Intended being on the AMX M4 months ago but got put off partly because of the bad phase I was having with the BDR G1. It was too long and frustrating to grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

Intended being on the AMX M4 months ago but got put off partly because of the bad phase I was having with the BDR G1. It was too long and frustrating to grind.

I found that whole line tough going ... but the AMX 50 100 with top gun is worth it... great pen and ability to give out loads of damage.... you just got to learn how to fight with autoloaders.... ie wait for the right moment.. unload your damage as quickly as possible and then hang back for 45 seconds

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    I found that whole line tough going ... but the AMX 50 100 with top gun is worth it... great pen and ability to give out loads of damage.... you just got to learn how to fight with autoloaders.... ie wait for the right moment.. unload your damage as quickly as possible and then hang back for 45 seconds

Particularly with the French line it's a matter of patience. Any experience yourself with the TD line? Currently on the UE 57 and looking forward to the SAU.40 and ARL V39.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Sounds painful
    Particularly with the French line it's a matter of patience. Any experience yourself with the TD line? Currently on the UE 57 and looking forward to the SAU.40 and ARL V39.

Sounds painful

Slow going alright but not dedicating all my time to these. Still trying to reach the IS, Jagdpanther and T29. Also gone back to the VK 30.02 M for a bit as I want the upgraded engine for the Panther when I buy it.

So upcoming patch notes.

Only Platoon in which all vehicles are of the same tier can join the battle. Implemented warnings and advisory recommendations on selecting vehicle in Platoons that have "tag-alongs" in them.

The first part seemed self explanatory, no more d*ckhead team wrecking platoons but the second part confuses me a touch. If everyone has to be the same tier why do they need warnings/advisories about tag alongs, whatever a tag along is??

Also note they're getting rid of the WT e100 and replacing it with the grille 15 which has no autoloader. I can see quite a lot of people mad about that :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I presume tag along is a more polite term than saying "that dickhead in the Pz 1c with his E100 mate".

I presume tag along is a more polite term than saying "that dickhead in the Pz 1c with his E100 mate".

I always tk them or if they're in a tank that will take more than one hit I'll throw the game and troll them like wait until they're about to shoot and nudge them or push them out of cover into enemy fire or if I'm really lucky off the edge of something and into water. Nudging is my favorite tho, can make people completely rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Only Platoon in which all vehicles are of the same tier can join the battle.

Wait, so first they left the rules so soft that it could be abused. Now they're implementing the rules as harsh as they can, just to mess with people?

Geniuses.

So, friends take tier VIII heavies, I can't take a tier VII artillery? No more light tanks platooning with higher tiers?

They have been asked for YEARS to limit to 2-3 tiers difference in platoons and when they do get around to doing it, they still don't listen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well it's also a question what's the definition of same tier here? Is a tier 7 and 9 same tier because they can get the same type of enemies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Well, to me, same tier means a specific number. If they mean "battle rating" or "battle tier" okay, maybe it's a miscommunication that happened in translation.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Nody wrote: »
    Well it's also a question what's the definition of same tier here? Is a tier 7 and 9 same tier because they can get the same type of enemies?
    Yeah, this need clarity. Epecially for certain personal missions. You may want to platoon an arty with a light tank. So LT one tier lower than arty. MM treats them as the same tier for MM.

• Advertisement

This might well be my best performance in any tank yet. I previously mentioned being disappointed with the 122mm but since giving it a second chance I've been having great fun with it the past few days!

nice game, kv1 was my fav tank and most played till they split it with the kv2 couple years ago. .thing was so op haha.

couple of mods you might like from aslains, the garage options are great. they show more details on front page, like damage done, wn8 of game etc.

the tier for fail platoons, it must be battle tier, like a tier 7 light tank platooned with a tier 8 medium say.

bout time they fixed this, happens quite a lot at higher tiers.

It's not that they don't fix things, it's that they sit on the issue for literal years before they fix it. The internal momentum in that company is on a par with mountain ranges. The troll platoon thing was a simple fix, but here we finally are after 5 years.

Free three days of premium:

If you've played WoWS in the two months before the new patch, and log in after the patch, and before May 10th, you get three free days of premium. The new patch, 0.5.5, is delayed, so there's time to get a game in in time.

Started the German TD line today. Dreading the grind through the Pz.Sfl. IVc though.

Started the German TD line today. Dreading the grind through the Pz.Sfl. IVc though.

The Waffentrager line can be quite unforgiving. The armoured (well, more than the WT's at least) line is an easier grind, and many of the guns overlap.

^^ and you won't get the WTFe100 at the end any more either but the single shot Grille 15 although looking at gameplay vids of it it's still a mean TD.

The personal missions are getting easier:

https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/05/06/new-set-of-personal-missions-official/

No more incinerator crap.

The personal missions are getting easier:

https://ritastatusreport.live/2016/05/06/new-set-of-personal-missions-official/

No more incinerator crap.
    The incinerator is still there; only less punishing... And I really hated that mission so happy to see it but I'd still like it completely removed. Setting someone on fire with how poor chance you have to do so should not be a requirement for a mission.

• Advertisement

New platoon rules explained. Good incentive to platoon up. @6mins 12 secs

Advertisement