Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

Not sure about the platoon stuff.... as a solo player .. it will just mean that people will be clicking on the dynamic platoon request more often

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Not only that usually the limit for players is silver and not experience to grind up so all this will do is make people sit around grinding cash even longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

I'm noticing this a lot lately where enemies on their last points of health keep surviving by getting knocked down to 1% from shots that really should have finished them off. It's happening far too often I think for it to be a coincidence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Garzard wrote: »
    I'm noticing this a lot lately where enemies on their last points of health keep surviving by getting knocked down to 1% from shots that really should have finished them off. It's happening far too often I think for it to be a coincidence.
    That's been the case for years but I can't recall WG ever officially confirming it.

Nody wrote: »
    That's been the case for years but I can't recall WG ever officially confirming it.

I've only really noticed it happening regularly since the end of last year as I began to climb higher up the trees. Before then for myself it was rare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's just bias confirmation, nothing more.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »
    It's just bias confirmation, nothing more.

I think I would concur....just as often we kill low health enemy tanks and move on....but we remember the time when we have to 'waste' a shell on less than 50 HP.

Tenger wrote: »
    I think I would concur....just as often we kill low health enemy tanks and move on....but we remember the time when we have to 'waste' a shell on less than 50 HP.

It's a pain in the arse because 1) If this happens with both of you on low health, the enemy might get those precious few seconds to finish you off during your reload. 2) You're likely to be overrun by other opponents before you can kill them. 3) The biggest annoyance of all IMO, someone ends up "stealing" the kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's a pain in the arse because 1) If this happens with both of you on low health, the enemy might get those precious few seconds to finish you off during your reload. 2) You're likely to be overrun by other opponents before you can kill them. 3) The biggest annoyance of all IMO, someone ends up "stealing" the kill.

Kill stealing means little in WoT. You get EXP for lots of things but mostly damage caused and not specifically kills. Sure you might not get your top gun medal or whatever but a win is what you're looking for. A tank on 1hp can cause as much damage as one on full health so I care little who gets in the kill as long as it's dead.

Kill stealing means little in WoT. You get EXP for lots of things but mostly damage caused and not specifically kills. Sure you might not get your top gun medal or whatever but a win is what you're looking for. A tank on 1hp can cause as much damage as one on full health so I care little who gets in the kill as long as it's dead.

True - in a group situation in which several tanks are all working together to defeat an enemy group, whoever gets the kill(s) is irrelevant and for everyone, wearing the other team down and winning is the key.

However I can be a bit more territorial in the secluded areas of maps when alone and coming across for example arty or anything else I'm strong enough to deal with. When I've done X amount of damage to a tank and expecting to finish it off, I just find it irritating at times for someone else to take the kill at the last second from miles away - particularly those who took no other part in doing any damage.

• Advertisement

T110E5... I just can't figure it out anymore since it got reworked to hi def and had the armor changes.... I play it I get penned by everything. I play against it and I bounce bounce bounce. Glacis, upper plate, cupola. What am I doing wrong or am I just getting shot with gold once someone sees me in front of them when I drive it?

T110E5... I just can't figure it out anymore since it got reworked to hi def and had the armor changes.... I play it I get penned by everything. I play against it and I bounce bounce bounce. Glacis, upper plate, cupola. What am I doing wrong or am I just getting shot with gold once someone sees me in front of them when I drive it?

I just did HT-15-3 with it by bouncing 10K of damage....but if you have got to the E5 you must know the technique... hide the lfp.. stay slightly at range... and use the great gun... moving to avoid a fully aimed shot at the cupola.. which is hard to hit unless you are right in front of the enemy

you can brawl 1 on 1 with it...as it trades ok...but be careful brawling against multiple tanks as the sides can get easily penned.. and people love to take you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Came back to WoT recently after a couple of years absence. I started playing back when the IS-7 and Maus were the only T10 tanks in the game.

God I know nothing now, it's embarrassing. Slowly getting used to it all again but it's been so long since I played that I'm playing at T7 and T8 with the same skill as a T4 or T5 player.

Very miffed that the statistics say my best game was in the KV-85. No it feckin' wasn't. It was in the KV-1S back in the day when that tank was completely unbalanced. I remember the game still. I can't begrudge that particular rebalancing at all, that tank was truly busted but I do resent the change in my stats. I've never driven a KV-85 and never will.

I was happy to get to play the old KV-1S and the old Chaffee before they were altered.

Have you met the O-Ni and O-Ni Exp? There's some unbalanced tanks.
    They're getting really nerfed in new patch.

Tenger wrote: »
    I was happy to get to play the old KV-1S and the old Chaffee before they were altered.

Have you met the O-Ni and O-Ni Exp? There's some unbalanced tanks.
    They're getting really nerfed in new patch.

I've met them but not driven them. Those derp guns are nasty. I love them when I'm playing arty though, hard to miss tanks that big!

JustShon wrote: »
    I've met them but not driven them. Those derp guns are nasty. I love them when I'm playing arty though, hard to miss tanks that big!

Bought the O-I a few weeks ago and stopped using it the same day, even after mounting the 150mm. It's an absolute artillery magnet and I'd often be the first killed, a problem I never had with the much more mobile Exp. It's a tank you can't relax in without the fear of constantly being targeted.

Bought the O-I a few weeks ago and stopped using it the same day, even after mounting the 150mm. It's an absolute artillery magnet and I'd often be the first killed, a problem I never had with the much more mobile Exp. It's a tank you can't relax in without the fear of constantly being targeted.

I definitely give them preference over other tanks when I'm in my arty. They're just so big and they have a tonne of HP too. I don't so much see a tank as I do a big pile of credits and XP on a set of tracks.

I definitely give them preference over other tanks when I'm in my arty. They're just so big and they have a tonne of HP too. I don't so much see a tank as I do a big pile of credits and XP on a set of tracks.

My plan was to grind to the O-Ni which probably wouldn't have taken too long with the amount of XP the O-I makes in a good game. That's what made the Exp. such a quick & enjoyable grind. But if the O-Ni is being nerfed I'll probably sell the O-I as it's just collecting dust in my garage - despite its power I got tired quickly of the sh!t that went with it.

My plan was to grind to the O-Ni which probably wouldn't have taken too long with the amount of XP the O-I makes in a good game. That's what made the Exp. such a quick & enjoyable grind. But if the O-Ni is being nerfed I'll probably sell the O-I as it's just collecting dust in my garage.

I hope others don't follow your example. I don't want my big delicious boxes of XP and credits to go away :(

I hope others don't follow your example. I don't want my big delicious boxes of XP and credits to go away :(
    Shooting moving lights and mediums are more fun anyway; you can get them to rage for the whole game about you being a cancer clicker etc. :P

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Shooting moving lights and mediums are more fun anyway; you can get them to rage for the whole game about you being a cancer clicker etc. :P

True. I blind-fired at a light hanging around the lighthouse on Cliff and hit him (he wasn't moving a lot) and got a nice rant about how I was clearly hacking and then they tried encouraging others to report me for said hacking.

Still brings a smile to my face imagining it from their point of view. "Ok, I'm safe now, dropped off everyone's map." *BOOM!* "MOTHERF**KER!"

I am just about to unlock the Exp ....so there're still be some XP boxes for you to hit!!!

I personally hate the O-HO. It's such a pain in the hoop to pen frontally.

Anything to avoid giving you and your ilk the satisfaction. :p On a serious note though I've been playing the game for a year now and haven't even tried arty once, can't see myself ever using it to be quite honest. Arty has its advantages, but I guess the lengthy reloads and being pretty much defenceless when rushed by opponents are what put me off most. I'm happiest between sniping and being in the thick of the action where you can rack up the most damage and kills = more credits & XP.

I've only gotten onto Tier 7 so I don't find myself in many Tier 8-10 matches, but at least it seems to be relatively rare. That said, there's some tanks I just avoid at all costs at the moment - the O-Ni, O-Ho, KV-4 & 5, T34 and the E-25 to name a few.

Anything to avoid giving you and your ilk the satisfaction. :p On a serious note though I've been playing the game for a year now and haven't even tried arty once, can't see myself ever using it to be quite honest. Arty has its advantages, but I guess the lengthy reloads and being pretty much defenceless when rushed by opponents are what put me off most. I'm happiest between sniping and being in the thick of the action where you can rack up the most damage and kills = more credits & XP.

It's an acquired taste for sure. I find it quite satisfying when someone puts up a "Requesting fire on *enemy*!" and I send a big shell whistling over them into the enemy with a nice big boom at the end.

Penetration? What's that? My massive HE arty shells neither know of nor care for your "penetration" :P

On a serious note I only have a tier 5 arty, my main tanks are heavies at tier 7 and tier 8.

I've the M41 spg, IS heavy tank, IS-3A premium heavy tank and a KV-13 medium. If any of you fine gents want to platoon at Tier 5, 7 or 8 my name there is LordRamone but I warn you I kinda suck.

I've the M41 spg, IS heavy tank, IS-3A premium heavy tank and a KV-13 medium. If any of you fine gents want to platoon at Tier 5, 7 or 8 my name there is LordRamone but I warn you I kinda suck.

Was also going to suggest this, I'll add you later - GarIrving

Just a short list of my currently most played tanks and grinds. Happy to play at whatever level if we platoon up.

Tier V
      Panzer IV H - grinding towards the VK 36.01 H. SU-85 - grinding for the SU-100. KV-1S & M4 - Elite status on both but still enjoy the playing with derp howitzers.
    Tier VI
      Type 58 - nearly on the IS-2. VK 30.01 P.
    Tier VII
      Jagdpanther

Was also going to suggest this, I'll add you later - GarIrving

Just a short list of my currently most played tanks and grinds. Happy to play at whatever level if we platoon up.

Tier V
    • Panzer IV H - grinding towards the VK 36.01 H.
      SU-85 - grinding for the SU-100.
      KV-1S & M4 - Elite status on both but still enjoy the playing with derp howitzers.
    Tier VI
    • Type 58 - nearly on the IS-2.
      VK 30.01 P.
    Tier VII
    • Jagdpanther

I've nothing at Tier 6, my collection jumps a tier coz I sold all my tier 6 machines when I unlocked the IS years ago.

One of my regular platoon mates drives a Jagdpanther so you'll be happy to know I'm used to working with them :)

My plan was to grind to the O-Ni which probably wouldn't have taken too long with the amount of XP the O-I makes in a good game. That's what made the Exp. such a quick & enjoyable grind. But if the O-Ni is being nerfed I'll probably sell the O-I as it's just collecting dust in my garage - despite its power I got tired quickly of the sh!t that went with it.

One reason to keep would be that WG will at times do a mission where you might need tanks of a specific nation so I would always try to keep at least 2 for every nation... the czech one is the exception with only one line

Also my IGN is GreenViking... I will add you as friends and if you want to platoon some time...

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    Also my IGN is GreenViking... I will add you as friends and if you want to platoon some time...

Sounds good. The less random the random battle is the better :D

Advertisement