Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I'll give my skype name to anyone I platoon with so we can voice chat but won't put it up here on this public forum for obvious reasons.

Be warned that I can get very sweary, especially when in one of my heavies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Garzard

Can only use the in-game chat myself until I get a mic.

Garzard wrote: »
    Can only use the in-game chat myself until I get a mic.

You sure you don't want to get on skype just to listen to me getting annoyed at people / myself? :P

"Fcuk this prick in his fcuking medium tank!"

*fires gun*

"Yeah, fcuk you buddy!"

Maybe you're better off not on skype actually.

Think this was about 2 weeks ago. I had a team that fell apart early in the game and found myself last alive, all the while my teammates hurling vicious abuse at each other. I was on low health and thought I'd try putting out a (false) surrender plea to the other team. Everyone except the guy in the screenshot seemed to get the joke and I even managed 2 kills plus a bit of damage here and there before I was finished off. It was a funny few minutes though! :p

I should point out I rarely rage at people in-game, not in the chat anyway. Just if you're on skype you'll hear some choice words. "Hold still you little bollicks!"

I had a game years ago on Malinovka before it was redesigned, we called it Campinovka because nobody wanted to attack ever. So we advanced part-way up the hill, realised half our team wanted to camp so we pitched tent too and sat in bushes.

We then had a 13 minute long chat with the enemy team while one cheeky enemy arty selected bushes at random to fire into and calling his shot beforehand like "LordRamone, I reckon you're in this bush"

We rushed them with two minutes left on the clock for the craic and they didn't fight back, they just typed stuff in chat like "Oooooh sh1t!" and "Uh oh!"

Edit: post I was replying to seems to have been deleted, I swear I'm not making up things that Gar said...

JustShon wrote: »
    I should point out I rarely rage at people in-game, not in the chat anyway. Just if you're on skype you'll hear some choice words. "Hold still you little bollicks!"

I had a game years ago on Malinovka before it was redesigned, we called it Campinovka because nobody wanted to attack ever. So we advanced part-way up the hill, realised half our team wanted to camp so we pitched tent too and sat in bushes.

We then had a 13 minute long chat with the enemy team while one cheeky enemy arty selected bushes at random to fire into and calling his shot beforehand like "LordRamone, I reckon you're in this bush"

We rushed them with two minutes left on the clock for the craic and they didn't fight back, they just typed stuff in chat like "Oooooh sh1t!" and "Uh oh!"

Edit: post I was replying to seems to have been deleted, I swear I'm not making up things that Gar said...

Yeah apologies - files have a limit of 1.00MB so I had to go back and reduce the screenshot. Here it is anyway. :P

• Advertisement

Yeah apologies - files have a limit of 1.00MB so I had to go back and reduce the screenshot. Here it is anyway. :P

I think you can judge how much you're improving by how often people send you salty private messages after each game :pac:

JustShon wrote: »
    I think you can judge how much you're improving by how often people send you salty private messages after each game :pac:

Only other abuse I've gotten was from a BT-7 user last year in Malinkova - I lobbed a big HE derp shell across the map a few seconds into the game, which hit the guy and sent his turret flying a fair few feet. He was completely out of my view range but the linear layout of that map allows that to happen sometimes. He flew off the handle over it in-game but I could see where he was coming from, it was a bit cheap in fairness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

guys, you can use Teamspeak for game chat We have a server setup, drop me a pm greentreeirl and come join some fellow irish players and have a bit of craic. and yes share in some expletives

Sorry lads, I just haven't been in the mood for any games the last few days.

I had a busy weekend so I wasn't on. I'll be on tonight if anyone's about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, the latest nVidia game ready driver is for use with Overwatch, War Thunder and World of Tanks...

That's new. If we're not careful WoT may end up with an engine that's not 10 years out of date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    That's new. If we're not careful WoT may end up with an engine that's not 10 years out of date.
    Well maybe the lower end spec will have to go from 1 potato to 2 potatoes to run the game...

Haven't played the game in nearly 2 weeks, so I'm set back a fair bit compared to what I could have been making. For example I could have amounted enough XP on my Jagdpanther to unlock the JPanther II. But I've been wanting to get out of the time pit that WoT is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/sandbox-server-announcement/

So they're taking applications only for the test server for the rebalance. Seems to be only way to find out what the class rebalance is meant to be, as they've been silent on the details of what that really entails. I don't know whether it's a good or a bad sign that it's not open to the public, as the normal test server would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/sandbox-server-announcement/

So they're taking applications only for the test server for the rebalance. Seems to be only way to find out what the class rebalance is meant to be, as they've been silent on the details of what that really entails. I don't know whether it's a good or a bad sign that it's not open to the public, as the normal test server would be.

This is the first I've heard of a rebalance but I haven't been playing for a bit. What are the rumours?

This is the first I've heard of a rebalance but I haven't been playing for a bit. What are the rumours?

Pretty general stuff, a massive change for arty, and an attempt to redifferentiate the classes.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/06/07/some-stats-of-rebalanced-tanks-on-sandbox/

That's claiming to have early stats from Sandbox. TAP isn't as connected as the likes of FTR/RSR, but if any of that is true....

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Rita is reporting the same... https://ritastatusreport.live/

It seems a huge nerf to Turret rotation across the board but to the heavies in particular... this will be a big boost to the meds...

VikingG wrote: »
    Rita is reporting the same... https://ritastatusreport.live/

It seems a huge nerf to Turret rotation across the board but to the heavies in particular... this will be a big boost to the meds...

She's saying they're outdated, but it's still a curious insight into what may be planned.

It hints towards making heaving more cumbersome and lights er lighter I guess.

Some other odd stuff though, like giving the Leopard 330 pen, maybe that implies making it's HEAT the default? And lower damage for the HEAT, a possible way to address the premium rounds?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

She's saying they're outdated, but it's still a curious insight into what may be planned.

It hints towards making heaving more cumbersome and lights er lighter I guess
    Which will come in two versions; either OP as the medium/lights have space to run circles around the heavy who can do nothing back exactly as today or corridor preventing them from doing anything... If this is their idea of re balance I'm honestly starting to get scared.

• Advertisement

These values won't make it to even the sandbox server, so I'm not worried about them implementing them. But it does show their willingness to make major alterations. The arty for example had the HE pen dropped to 1mm.

These values won't make it to even the sandbox server, so I'm not worried about them implementing them. But it does show their willingness to make major alterations. The arty for example had the HE pen dropped to 1mm.
    Which still does not solve anything as Arties do the least damage per game with the highest swing in damage. If they actually want to fix things I'd expect to see something way wider such as the show arties on mini map, way larger area damage (but lower damage) etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The problem with the Arty is the accuracy. They can one shot a fast moving target too easily.

beauf wrote: »
    The problem with the Arty is the accuracy. They can one shot a fast moving target too easily.
    Arties are the least accurate gun in the game; the fact they can one shot a fast moving target has more to do with the fast moving target being predictable in their movement and speed than anything else and this is coming from someone who has one shotted quite a few lights and mediums.

Consistently of doing that is the tanks went at the same speed, same direction and their "evasion" consisted of going left and right exactly the same distance in both directions for the same duration while driving forward making them very predictable (can also be done in the likes of JgPzE100 and other big gun TDs). At the same time I've missed 10+ shots in a row multiple times fully zoomed in on a target that's not moving which I'd never do with any other gun in the game.

Hence accuracy if anything needs to be improved or the area damage needs to be increased to provide arties with a consistent way to support the team compared to the current status. That in turn would enable the damage to be lowered but up the overall damage deals over the duration of the game. That in turn would reduce the swinginess from either doing 4k+ damage one game to zero damage next game while taking the same type of shots with the same level of zoom in.

If you can "lead" with arty and one shot then its very accurate and consistent. That you miss on a non moving target is nothing to so with accuracy its the game RNG. Because you shouldn't be able to do both, accurately shoot a moving target and then miss multiple times a stationary. Why? Because its not fun. Makes no sense either. What is Arty purpose. It should be to stop camping/static positions. But what you described, means its not useful for that, instead its like a joker tank that can shogun/sniper anything, and completely change the outcome.

Why its so random, may be due to the funnel maps, which combined with consistent Arty would be even less fun. I don't know.

If you can "lead" with arty and one shot then its very accurate and consistent.
    You can "lead" with anything; with an arty the only difference is instead of thinking in terms of one tank length ahead (TD) you need to think of 2 to 4s ahead (depending on distance and arty).
    That you miss on a non moving target is nothing to so with accuracy its the game RNG. Because you shouldn't be able to do both, accurately shoot a moving target and then miss multiple times a stationary. Why?
    The accuracy of shooting a moving target is the same as shooting a stationary target; RNG. I can aim where I think the moving target is going to be but if RNG decides to kick me in the balls it does not matter if I have 20/20 foresight on where the moving target is going.
    Because its not fun. Makes no sense either. What is Arty purpose. It should be to stop camping/static positions. But what you described, means its not useful for that, instead its like a joker tank that can shogun/sniper anything, and completely change the outcome.
    Exactly; which is why I think the RNG element needs to be toned down either by increasing splash area or reducing RNG or both. It also needs to be used for more than stoping camping/static positions because this is what lead to the big alpha damage style we have today. Arty should support in pushes/defences by dealing damage or "forcing" tanks to take alternative routes (I'm thinking dropping temporary mine fields or similar here as a possibility). This in turn should give their team an advantage by for example having enemy tanks tanks damaged, reduced crew skills (shaken), multiple damaged modules, etc. as alternatives to outright damage (but the exp. for doing so should then reflect this for arties in the fact they dealt less direct damage but the support should be accounted for instead).
    Why its so random, may be due to the funnel maps, which combined with consistent Arty would be even less fun. I don't know.
    It's RNG because this was WGs herpy derpy let's fix arty by having them be less accurate and hence not kill people as often. It did reduce the overall damage but the problem of the RNG and one shot kill is still there. The only way to move away from that is to give arties an alternative to damage on the battlefield (see above for examples) that will earn them exp and benefit the team accordingly.

My point is arty should not be able to hit a moving target consistently and it can. So much so that it dictates the game play. It should be woefully inaccurate hitting a moving target. Not be able to lead as accurately as it does. It should be able to hit the same spot repeatedly. Its an area suppression weapon. It should damage tanks by a near miss, not destroy them.

If there is a couple of arty in high tier game and I'm in a light tank, or something with thin armor, like a TD and low hit points I will not scout forward. Because if I'm spotted I will almost immediately be hit by all the arty. TBH its true of most tanks, light or heavy. If there's arty in the game everyone hides, because moving in any way, zig zag, speed etc, is no defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I think maybe some confirmation bias there. Think of any match, think about how often arty rains down and misses. It's a lot. It's just that one time you get hit in the face and it's all bullsh*t OP arty/sky cancer!!!

So they miss often, have a 30 second+ reload time and often are on maps with extremely limited spots to apply damage.

Tanks fire and miss at lot and ome arty has a faster reload then some tanks. Its not one time you get hit in the face. Its any game there's arty in it. Its dominates the game. Unless the arty is a bad player. You spend the whole game avoiding it. Any game theres no arty in it, its a much more open game.

• Advertisement

Tanks fire and miss at lot and ome arty has a faster reload then some tanks. Its not one time you get hit in the face. Its any game there's arty in it. Its dominates the game. Unless the arty is a bad player. You spend the whole game avoiding it. Any game theres no arty in it, its a much more open game.
    My best arty has a 39% hit rate; my average hit rate on tanks is over 70% so I call BS (that's with every single arty line at tier X, every heavy at tier X, every TD at tier X etc.) and the fastest reload is the 263 at 26s which is slower than anything short of a auto reloaded tank.

Advertisement