Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Interestingly my hit rate is 38% on my Hummel (294 battles) and with only 43 battles my gw panther is exactly the same.

On my most played normal tanks, 700+ rounds each it's 80%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

With arty you get splash damage so you don't need a driect hit. With arty you know that so you will do more blind/speculative firing than with other classes. Other classes need line of sight, and you have to hit weak points, so you're not going to fire unless you think you have a decent shot. So the hit rates, miss rates are not directly compatible.

The winrates are similar. Which suggests a arty has the same impact on a game as a tank. That said I think the Winrate is manipulated by the game engine. (Ignoring the obvious re-rolls).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Garzard

I'm noticing with the new update that the mini-map seems to lie as to the location of enemies displayed on it (but that aren't within view range). An example of this today in Live Oaks. Myself and 3 teammates passed through the town area and the location of an enemy Stug IV was displayed on the mini-map next to the lake but he wasn't coming into our view ranges even though we were getting close. Must have been nearly a minute that this confused search went on. He then vanished off the mini-map and came into my view range but in the far corner of the map where the train station is - miles away from where the mini-map had him just 5 seconds previously. Wasn't expecting this so he managed to kill me before I could react.

Is this delay a glitch or something deliberate? It's happened a few times since the update when going after enemies with the aid of the mini-map but as I've neared their locations, they've disappeared on the map, only to suddenly reappear in completely different areas. A bit like chasing ghosts.

Its shows two different things. Things currently spotted. But also last spotted in a faded icon. Probably the later you are looking at?

Is a new feature that was in mods previously. You can turn it off if you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Sounds like it. Last spotted location versus actually spotted. I found the WoT client version not as good as the modded option.

If you watch quickybaby he talked about it in replys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Free tank this weekend, it's the Russian tier 2 light, the T-45. It's to mark the 18th birthday of WG.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

Spear wrote: »
    Free tank this weekend, it's the Russian tier 2 light, the T-45. It's to mark the 18th birthday of WG.

Ah, there's a catch, you have to play the game and win.

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    Ah, there's a catch, you have to play the game and win.
    Such a catch......worse case, its a free garage slot for the cynics among us.

........oh no, its a trap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Finally completed LT15 for Stug IV in a whitewash :)

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    So on to the next set of missions now or are you going for the max result overall?

Im stuck at HT15 and LT15, slowly working my way up the SPG missions. (Max tier heavy is 7 and max tier arty is 6) So might just end up getting through by completing them without honours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I need to finish up my second round of TD missions now that the Swedish tank lines have been announced and decide where I want the 4 ladies to go (I'm inclined on the TD line because STRV 103B baby!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm wondering about that 103B and how it's going to be implemented. If it's going to mount the historical 105mm as a tier X TD, then surely it'd need to machine gun out the rounds to be effective.

Dillonb3 wrote: »

Whats the best LT tank for that. I've only got the Chaffee. Hard to do a lot of damage in it.

I'm wondering about that 103B and how it's going to be implemented. If it's going to mount the historical 105mm as a tier X TD, then surely it'd need to machine gun out the rounds to be effective.

Its had an autoloader.
    The rifled gun, a Bofors 105 mm L74 with a barrel length of 62 calibres, was able to use the same ammunition as the British Royal Ordnance L7, and would be equipped with an autoloader allowing a rate of fire of 15 rounds/minute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stridsvagn_103

A round every 4 seconds? The tears of rage will flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

beauf wrote: »
    Whats the best LT tank for that. I've only got the Chaffee. Hard to do a lot of damage in it.

Tier 5 or 6 will do. Its combined damage and spotting/tracking damage that works. It got lucky with my VK2801 by using derp gun to track tanks and let my allies damage them.
    So on to the next set of missions now or are you going for the max result overall?

Im stuck at HT15 and LT15, slowly working my way up the SPG missions. (Max tier heavy is 7 and max tier arty is 6) So might just end up getting through by completing them without honours.

Just maxing out all the stug missions. Got the HT15 using T150 and just sidescraped against weak players in top tier game. SPG missions is used French arty up to the platoon missions and used S51 for the remainder

A round every 4 seconds? The tears of rage will flow.

No doubt they'll ruin it and at the same time make it an expensive premium.

I'd kinda decided to stop playing. But like the idea of a 103.

No doubt they'll ruin it and at the same time make it an expensive premium.

I'd kinda decided to stop playing. But like the idea of a 103.

Or, tantalisingly, it could be a tier 10 E-25 equivalent.

• Advertisement

I hate the E-25 with a passion. Its so overpowered. It unbalances almost every game its in. If I see one on a map I will generally stay as far from it as possible. Hoping that by the time I have to deal with it, it will be low on health or damaged, or at least spotted it. Dang things, nearly invisible when your beside it.

Only thing more ridiculous is that Pzr MkIIJ. Only meet it once in a game, not that long ago. Think I was in the Matilda. We took it out, but it killed half the team. What was that something like €99.

I hate the E-25 with a passion. Its so overpowered. It unbalances almost every game its in. If I see one on a map I will generally stay as far from it as possible. Hoping that by the time I have to deal with it, it will be low on health or damaged, or at least spotted it. Dang things, nearly invisible when your beside it.

Only thing more ridiculous is that Pzr MkIIJ. Only meet it once in a game, not that long ago. Think I was in the Matilda. We took it out, but it killed half the team. What was that something like €99.

My 2J was free from WG some years ago. But I don't play it anymore now, since they put it on sale, as I don't like the idea that people will assume I just forked over a load for one instead.

That's why it got removed from the shop. I also make a point of avoiding them at nearly all costs. I very rarely see them come away with less than 2-3 kills in any game. Hopefully though it'll be available again in the not-too-distant future since I missed the chance to get one.

Which as a credit earner the Scorpion G or the WZ-111.

My M4A1 makes ok credits, but can't win games and its pen isn't brilliant.

Which as a credit earner the Scorpion G or the WZ-111.

My M4A1 makes ok credits, but can't win games and its pen isn't brilliant.

I'd say the WZ-111 is the more dependable but more modest earner, but the Skorpion G has more potential as one. It'll be very dependant upon your ability with a glass cannon TD.

I'd say the WZ-111 is the more dependable but more modest earner, but the Skorpion G has more potential as one. It'll be very dependant upon your ability with a glass cannon TD.

I would guess if you are used to/comfortable with the Hellcat or E-25 then the Skorpion would be good for you. I dont have it (already have 2 prem German TDs) but am judging by video reviews......very fast, great gun with potential for lots of damage but pretty dead once spotted and caught.

So only 5 vehicles and 5000 damage per day.....per nation........suits all those flithy students and non worky types then!

40 kills and 40K damage a day, not too bad a target. Its having to consistently achieve that average over the month.

Yet to be seen if its even worth the grind, or even the semi grind and the cheeky 2-3 token purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Will probably try to get 6 of the 8 nations done in the mission.. Hard to see how I could get the czech one done atm

• Advertisement

Just saw today the Panther M10 is back again in the shop. Always when I'm broke! Also just had to miss out on the Skorpion G and Jagdtiger 8.8 for that reason. :(

Advertisement