Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They were too expensive. Is the m10 any good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

beauf wrote: »
    They were too expensive. Is the m10 any good

No, it's just not good. No advantages to it at all and nothing to recommend. A poor gun that can't hurt crap, so it can't earn, and a premium that doesn't earn is pointless.

I don't think I've ever seen more than a handful in the game. Which suggest its not great alright. There's very few premium tanks which seem worth buying. Other than to farm credits, but seem to struggle to win games. If they win games they seem to eat credits to do so. With a few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

It's mediocre if anything, but just one of those premiums I'd like to own for its rarity. The Pz IV Hydrostat & Schmalturm are other examples. An odd reason, I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Can certainly recommend the Skorpion its a great credit earner

• Advertisement

Didn't get the chance to screenshot, but I had a T29 on my team last night getting terrible abuse for having the 76mm stock gun, and a few report threats. Tier VI - IX match so needless to say he didn't fare too well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That gun is practically useless on the M6 and has no place on a T29 but noobs gonna noob.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That gun is practically useless on the M6 and has no place on a T29 but noobs gonna noob.

I would agree but I love the mentality of reporting the player. Its random teams in an online setting, you' re going to get massive skill variations. Cant see how reporting will do anything.
    Guy probably been dying to unlock the T29 and didnt want to take the time to unlock the 90mm gun first.

Similar attitude with the "your WN8 is crap so you cant tell me what to do" even if you're asking a heavy to move from behind the TDs!!

Tenger wrote: »
    ...even if you're asking a heavy to move from behind the TDs!!

Not every heavy can go face to face with other tanks. They might be better with the TD's.

Similarly someone in a fast medium (or light) will zoom off into the distance then complain bitterly no one backed them up. When no one else has the speed to keep up. Or disengage if all goes bad.

I'm going to stop playing for a while. I was going ok for a bit but since the patch I seem to be getting a lot of bad MM where my team gets steam rolled in back to back games. In one game half my team didn't score a single hit point.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I fully agree with your point beauf. Not every heavy/TD/med/light fits the classic play style of their class.
    But you dont need to be a unicum player to recognise this. And you shouldnt be dismissed/abused for pointing out an obvious point to someone who perhaps should know better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The new years gift is already revealed and appears to be the Stridsvagn L60 light tank. Just a tier 2 light, in the tradition of these gift tanks, but this one has a bit more of an Irish angle to it, since they're the first tanks Ireland ever bought.

Free garage spot.

An Irish line would be cool. All the tanks Ireland used, plus imaginary ones that are a bit nuts like the Japanese ones!

There's nowhere near enough Irish tanks for a line, but they could release a themed pack, a la the Berlin set, with an Irish L60, Comet and Churchill. They'd just need some grey skins and a few decals for it.

Hmm, curious news. A ban wave for illegal mods is coming on the Russian server. And it's apparently based on past usage, so whoever is getting banned is already caught.

I wonder are any of the mods anything to do with spotting. Even with Binos and perks on my hellcat I'm getting out spotted a lot in the new patch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

beauf wrote: »
    I wonder are any of the mods anything to do with spotting. Even with Binos and perks on my hellcat I'm getting out spotted a lot in the new patch.
    Highly doubt it; going through the list of common mods they can only use what the server sent them. So see tree falling location, remove foliage, where tanks are aiming etc.

But to my knowledge there has only been one case where you'd see things you not directly from the server and it required someone on the opposition team to have the mod installed (basically the mod would send all the tank data to every mod user allowing you to see the location of all enemy tanks on the minimap if someone on the enemy team used the mod and remained in the game after they died). However that mod was never released and was only done for test purposes to see if it would be possible to do.

However what may be happening to you is the new damage direction system; if you shot someone they will get the direction of where you are and can shot back without having spotted you.

Spear wrote: »
    Hmm, curious news. A ban wave for illegal mods is coming on the Russian server. And it's apparently based on past usage, so whoever is getting banned is already caught.

So they're just shutting the Russian server down then :P

I'm doing much better winrate when I'm using binos than optics since the patch. Or maybe I'm using my lower tanks more and getting better match making than I do with my m4a1.

So they're just shutting the Russian server down then :P

Given the lack of consistency in the list of banned mods, the impact is almost impossible to predict. They seem to be learning from other games companies in gathering data, then applying a ban wave later on, which is fine on its own. But since there's so much ambiguity on what's banned, how far reaching it could be is hard to guess.

Damn such a pity I lost this! I was the last survivor when I killed the Pz T25 and Firefly, but was powerless against the Churchill III as I was on my last few % of health. I have the KV-85 to thank for that.

Other than that it was an excellent game, best performance yet in this tank.

399124.png

• Advertisement

This match was interesting, very similar actually to the one I last posted. Same tank as well. Yet again I had the misfortune to come up against a Churchill on low health and the last alive.

The game wasn't going well initially - the rest of the team fell so myself and one of the Skoda's were the last left against I think 6 enemies. Slowly gained the upper hand though, through good teamwork we were able to wear down both O-I's, I got a lucky shot on the IS and also killed the PZ IV a few mins previously. This was despite me having a damaged ammo-rack from earlier and on low health.

The Churchill by this stage is the last enemy left so we split up and attempt to flank him on either side. Before he moved into cover I got a critical hit on him which did no damage. Couldn't risk exposing myself anymore as I was on my last 10% HP so I told the Skoda to distract him while I capped. About a minute into the cap, he gets killed so we lost the initiative there.

There I am anyway, knowing the guy will come for me and chose the wrong side of a rock mound to go up against him, got a damaging shot on him but not enough, he then returned the serve and killed me. The critical hit I mentioned earlier, had it done any damage might just have been enough to let that last shot finish him off. Typical of a situation like this to come up against a heavy.

Warships have started doing something that I already wish they'd have in Tanks.

When you finish a daily mission, you get a loot crate now. Aside from the usual stuff, extra credits, camos etc, you can also get a random premium ship there and then.

And again, Warships innovates where Tanks doesn't.

A tier 9 USS Missouri premium is coming. But you still can't buy your way into the high tiers, it can only be bought using free XP instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just to ask lads.

I upgraded to 3440x1440 monitor and tried Wot. It has that resolution, but game feels... wrong... like its squished? Is it fow issue or wot support for ultrawide is ass?

Could be a few different things. There's a dynamic FoV option which seems a likely candidate towards messing up the feel of it.

First Trump is elected, and now I'm actually okay with the proposed arty changes. I suspect the world is ending.

Spear wrote: »
    First Trump is elected, and now I'm actually okay with the proposed arty changes. I suspect the world is ending.

I reckon it'll be interesting. About time they tried something different.

Aside from the sandbox, the new graphics, and other major changes, there's even more important news: you can swap the clown T26E5 Patriot for a plain one now:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/news/189

Does it retain the same camo values?

I kinda like the Xmas Camo now.

• Advertisement

A response from Mr.Conway seems to imply that there's no cammo on the plain one, hence arguably a loss by moving, unless you in turn spend more gold on more cammo.

Advertisement