Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

yes now that I can swap the camo on the Patriot I dont really want to ... as to the Camo I read that the Camo you buy with Gold is better than the camo that comes free on some of the premiums and black variant tanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The camo on the skorp is worthless anyway. I expect you can see it from space.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Standard bought cammo gives the same bonus as a fixed cammo, e.g. on Patriot, Blackdog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The T25 pilot 1 mission begins this Sunday:

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/03/10/mission-marathon-t25-pilot-eu-servers/

Oddly short notice for it, but it's only 13 daily missions to get it.

The first daily 5 missions in the T-25 marathon are ok... certainly not like the marathon that the T-44-100 was...

• Advertisement

This is definitely better in many way, and way less of an imposition. Though at the same time I concede WG weren't gonna get many sales out of the T25 Pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Garzard

I'm on the German scout tree at the moment with the ultimate aim being the Ru-251. Got the SPIC a few weeks ago and was really annoyed to find that the HWK 12 as part of the update was placed in front of the Ru-251. Completely ruined the grind for me - 102,000 for the HWK 12 and the Ru-251 was raised to 197,000 (previously 92,000 right after the SPIC).

The RU did get some changes, so while it's now a bit of a longer grind, there are some changes to it now, such as getting APCR as the default ammo, and not the slower AP.

I've only played the one game so far, but from the consensus I've seen, the T54 LT seems to be preferred now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

So, has anyone played the Ranked Battles? If so, what do you think?

I haven't tried them myself because I'm not really interested. I don't see it being enjoyable and I don't have the credits to waste playing tier X anymore. I've seen quite a lot of whinging on the forums but I guess that will always be there no matter what or what isn't implemented.

• Advertisement

I'm about to give up again. In the Random battle I just get spammed by the high tiers (T9-10) with gold. Even when I'm in something with no armour and I get an E50 or similar is just firing gold, at me, same with the top tier auto loaders. It makes any of armour in the few tanks that have it, completely useless. Must be costing these guys a fortune to play like that. There is an awful lot of camping going on. Game after game where the half the team refuses to move.

Given the WoT Blitz changes, I believe there is some hope on the horizon finally.

I was happy enough with the ranked battles...certainly a step up from the Randoms. However they are not cheap and I certainly dont like the invention of new equipment as part of the rewards..

It's a bit better on WoWS, though not in every aspect. There's no premium ammo there, which means it isn't a credit sink, but there's only a small set of preferred ships that anyone plays.

Free day of Premium if you log on and win a battle between now and June 22nd

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/gift-loyalty/

Spear wrote: »
    Given the WoT Blitz changes, I believe there is some hope on the horizon finally.

What did you mean?

beauf wrote: »
    What did you mean?

They've reduced the premium ammo damage by anywhere by up to 30%, and averaging 15%. They found that premium ammo did 15% more damage overall, hence they reduced the damage by 15%.

Ah gotcha. FirFoch suggested something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lakeview

hey spear, we have a good few irish members in YBB (yellow bunny brigade), so if anyone is looking to join an irish flavoured clan....

How do you join that?

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    How do you join that?

You can apply on their clan page:

http://eu.wargaming.net/clans//wot/500058803/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Beauf, dm me ur username and I'l approve it

Did something happen the summer sale. I see no tanks since the lowe?

That's the last one tank for one day deal I believe. It's now doing a variety for the last few days:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/sales-not-over-yet/

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/07/27/wot-9-20-fate-of-the-foch-155-and-bc-25t/

Word is the AMX 50 Foch 155 is being replaced, but those who already have the 155, get to keep it as a reward tank.

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/08/11/supertest-super-conqueror-tier-x-british-heavy-tank/

The Super Conq has appeared finally, and word is that it replaces the 215b, which you get to keep a la the Foch 155.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

30v30 battles incoming in next patch. Should be chaotic.

30v30 battles incoming in next patch. Should be chaotic.

Live two days ago, but I haven't tried it yet. I've spent my first few matches doing the low tier Chinese TDs.

I managed to get the Foch 155 grind done, buying it last Saturday evening. The entire French TD line is truly awful. They have no virtues at all, just clunky, impotent junk. But I got two tier 10s out of it, which are now buffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

30v30 is one of the first things I'd be trying :D Will check it out tomorrow (assuming the patch has dropped in SEA server... I'm not sure)

• Advertisement

30v30 is one of the first things I'd be trying :D Will check it out tomorrow (assuming the patch has dropped in SEA server... I'm not sure)

Oh, SEA. No idea then, but the rest are done, so it can't be far off.

More time to do the Foch 155 grind if you're in a masochist mood....

Advertisement