Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

IS-6B is on sale on the SEA server for $43 (plus garage slot and 15 missions). Normal IS6 is $62.74. IS6 is a worthy purchase? Seems like good value to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Is6 is a bad tank, lacks penetration. Only 175 suffers from power creep.

Save ur money my advice
    IS-6B is on sale on the SEA server for $43 (plus garage slot and 15 missions). Normal IS6 is $62.74. IS6 is a worthy purchase? Seems like good value to me.

Same pen as the 112 which I've been enjoying a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

1.0 is live on the CT server with no announcement. WG had said previously it wouldn't get another public test.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The new nVidia drivers are out, version 391.01, which explicitly includes support for WoT 1.0.

• Advertisement

And looks like patch 1.0 is out March 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Finally got the top gun on the Tiger 2. Which helps a lot, better penetration etc. I think apart from the armor which isn't reliable. The main problem is the low health pool. It's only 100 more than a Tiger 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

beauf wrote: »
    Finally got the top gun on the Tiger 2. Which helps a lot, better penetration etc. I think apart from the armor which isn't reliable. The main problem is the low health pool.

It's only 100 more than a Tiger 1.

That gun is a beaut. Enjoy the tank's power from a distance! :)

I wonder will there be a new emblem this years St Patricks Day. Nice to get another shamrock on other tanks. Though I kinda stopped playing. My WR has stalled for the last couple of months. I kinda lost interest.

• Advertisement

Well, WG seem to have dropped some cash on getting 1.0 some attention.They paid the streamers lirik and Dr Disrespect to play the game, with both getting about 24000 viewers on simultaneously. They kinda botched what the streamers were given. They're just playing low tier tanks, M2 lights and the like, and against bots, so's simply not reflective of the game, which is a shame.

Still, 1.0 brings a new marathon, and gives the MTLS 1G14, which means I can complete the trinity of weird tier 3s, the Pz2J, the BT-SV and the MTLS.

I had reinstalled the game to try patch 1.0. I tried it for about 10 games. Looks great but my machine wasnt smooth above medium.

Got stream rolled in most games. I seemed to be having a problem with spotting. I didn't see anyone until last minute then they'd all appear. Improved slightly with my e25. Not entirely sure how a O-Ni could disappear when 50m away. Physics caught me out a few times, I rolled a bit more in this patch. Very bouncy.

It was no more fun so I uninstalled again. Did look great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

are you using mods Beauf? it will show your view range

I've seen a few reports of tanks not rendering. It doesn't seem to widespread at least.

No but I have say binos, optics and 4 skill crew on my skorp. I don't think range is the issue. If I upgrade the kids PC (not likely in the short term) I might give it one last try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I've been playing again on and off, however at high tiers once again wargaming have completely wrecked balance, 430U and 268-4 are utterly broken and a platoon of either on a team is a guaranteed win if the players are any way good, in fact even if the players are siht a platoon of them could win the game. Saw on world of tanks reddit that the 268-4 the go to tank for clan wars, have not done CW for ages but its the game mode that shows everyone what tank is overpowered. That damn TD can reverse faster than many tanks can go forward.

Power creep is a giant pain in the ass, alpha, pen and effective armour thickness are far higher on new tanks, its only going to continue.

The outcry over them is pretty widespread, I'm sure they'll get nerfed. It's just with WG, that can take a very long time. I remember all to well the KV-1S running around with a 122mm to use against tier 4s.

446568.png
    So, rubbish team fails again ...however look at the experience, i got 35 xp more than the E100 and that idiot did 0 damage and 0 spotting.

1.0 still hasn't dropped here in on the SEA server..... sad times.

It's tomorrow I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Maybe allowing the EU server to find all the bugs (or at least some of them)

Ive only played about 10 matches on it, I use the SD client and it looks great. Hasnt improved my ability to play well though.

It dropped today finally. Different but same I guess.

It dropped today finally. Different but same I guess.

Aside from the graphics update, there's more subtle stuff in there, particularly in regards to the maps. Some are refreshed in a welcome way, such as Fjords, some are a bit butchered, e.g. Erlenberg.

Spear wrote: »
    Aside from the graphics update, there's more subtle stuff in there, particularly in regards to the maps. Some are refreshed in a welcome way, such as Fjords, some are a bit butchered, e.g. Erlenberg.

I guess I meant the playerbase :P kudos for them managing to update the GFX engine but maintain the feel of the game. Oddly enough I find the backgrounds slightly distracting ie I'm somewhat unsure on some maps where to anticipate meeting tanks in the initial encounter although I assume I'll get used to it.

Unfortunately, apart from matching types of tanks on each team, there are still far too many one sided matches. I just cannot understand why they dont put the terrible players in their own server and they just wont know the fecking difference.
    I just had a game where the two tier 10 scouts on the other team camped in bushes close to base ... most of the rest of the other team also camped and were getting outspotted and massacred. Two guys in TD's blew up the camping scouts on their own team.
    446730.png

I think the changes of the maps have encourage a return to rampant camping.
    I don't blame the players, because there is no cover in the center of a lot of maps now.
    So any aggressive play or scouting gets hit from all over the map.
    I was finding, in 1.0 once you are spotted, you are suddenly lit up by about half the enemy team who just can't be spotted even when very close. I find I have someone spotted, well within range and they are in the open, they just vanish.

They changed the maps to help TD's and different Classes to me more useful as top tier mediums and heavies were dominating. However a lot of these tanks have power creeped guns and spotting that can be used for sniping.

I've always felt that the mixed tiers matching give the higher tiers too much an advantage in spotting.

We're getting the Progetto 46 for free in a 10 mission challenge:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Spear wrote: »
    We're getting the Progetto 46 for free in a 10 mission challenge:

Interesting, where did you see that do you mind me asking?

Prenderb wrote: »
    Interesting, where did you see that do you mind me asking?

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/progetto-m35-mod-46/
    Most importantly, anyone can get the Progetto M35 mod 46 Tier VIII tank for free just by completing a set of 10 battle missions.

It's the same for NA. A bit of a kick in the balls for RU though, they started selling the Progetto a week ago, way before the announcement.

• Advertisement

Here's the requirements:

https://imgur.com/a/PhWCW

it starts on the 13th.

Each stage also gives rewards, including camo and tank discounts. And I note the mission have an OR condition, which makes a nice change.

Advertisement