Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

105 Mayo towns and villages to get fibre optic broadband!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Just as I am reading this thread there is a eircom ad dangling on the right hand side advertising emobile. Its magical marketing! Is this thread a plant by boards to link up with eircom advertising?

I sense a conspiracy theory looming.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Fodder as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

trevor1973 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me why Belcarra is not among the top 105 towns. We get our broadband from that exchange - only 3MBPS

Where does that leave us ? Manulla is a mile up the road - could we get broadband from that ? if a town is not on the list it seems to have been forgotten?

What future do we have now in regard to a fibre broadband service ?

hope someone knowledgeable can help me out

Trevor

Trevor,

Im in the same boat except in Turlough - There are 2 estates built 10 years ago, a demographically young population and the area has a population of 1200 all connected to Ballyvarry exchange!!! :eek:
    Nearest cabinet is 800m away which would yield approx 20Mb profile over on vdsl.

Yet I see areas on the list which are far less populated and more sparcely populated, its strange why they have profiled towns which appear to be challenging from a demographicall point of view for fibre?

e.g. Parke co.mayo and Inisheer galway are listed inisheer population 260 :confused:
    Maybe its from a cable laying or cabinet distance point of view? I dont know either. But im on the case to try and get my area qualified.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Trevor,

Im in the same boat except in Turlough - There are 2 estates built years ago, a demographically young population and the area has a population of 1200 all connected to Ballyvarry exchange!!! :eek:
    Nearest cabinet is 800m away which would yield approx 20Mb profile over on vdsl.

Yet I see areas on the list which are far less populated and more sparcely populated, its strange why they have profiled towns which appear to be challenging from a demographicall point of view for fibre?

e.g. Parke co.mayo and Inisheer galway are listed inisheer population 260 :confused:
    Maybe its from a cable laying or cabinet distance point of view? I dont know either. But im on the case to try and get my area qualified.

Fingers crossed!

You would get more than 20mb at 800 meters. You should see 30 down and 8 up.

Ballavary is on the fibre map for the future, I imagine when it's done the cabinet close to the entrance to Turlough house will also be enabled.

As for Park being listed..... Fir some reason Park has Eircom Fibre running to it already. Guess which village the fibre runs through to get there? .....

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Don't heed Parke: Keem is included. What's the population of Keem, again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any update on this? Any villages upgraded yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Any update on this? Any villages upgraded yet ?
    after the election

(ya gullible eejet)

Advertisement