Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics for 'Trolling'

Options
  • 26-04-2014 7:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Black Swan has accused me of trolling the politics forum and banned me for 3 days.

My response was to jonny7 who is a regular troll of various forums on boards.ie related to political issues.

He has a pro-US position and anyone that disagrees with him is mocked and ridiculed on a regular basis with impunity.

Here's his post:
    Jonny7 wrote:
    We've had Iraq, Syria, now we move into WW2.. just waiting for someone to go full Michael Moore and all the way back to the native Americans..

My response to him.
    You deride the suffering of Syrians, Libyans, Afghans, Iraqis, Vietnamese and Iranians due to American Foreign policy.

What a lovely fella you must be.

You probably think it was okay to sodomize young Iraqi boys while video taping it, raping Iraqi women while taping it and torturing Iraqi men...yes, it's hilarious stuff, jonny7

Tell me how his post is any less of trolling than mine? At least my response is factual. US troops did in fact sexually, physically and mentally abuse innocent Iraqi people which is well documented.

Black Swan herself is also pro-US and abusing her position as moderator to ban people she doesn't agree with.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator Post:

Hello Harold Weiss.

As your post was disputing a ban, it should have been posted in here - the Dispute Resolution Forum. The Help Desk is not the correct place for stuff like that. You can read what the Help Desk is for in its Charter here.

As you can see from the flowchart above, the first step in the process is to try and see if you can resolve this issue without starting a thread on it in here, which is automatically escalating it to the CMods of the Politics forum.

Can you please try and contact Black Swan via PM with a view to resolving this amicably via PM? If you have tried that already, or you have just received a reply stating that Black Swan upholds their original decision, then the CMods will see your reply, and will begin to involve themselves automatically.

Thank you for reading.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Black Swan has confirmed that the first step - PM discussion with the reponsible MOD has occurred.

Harold Weiss

your post was flagged by Black Swan as Trolling.
    I have reviewed it, the other posts and the actions taken against other posters in this thread and can find no good reason to overturn the ban.

Personally I would have categorised your post as Flaming, and would have issued a weeks ban instead of three days.

If you have an issue with a poster or a post and find you cannot respond within the remit of the charter just report them. You don't post an inflaming (or trolling) response on forum, because that just leads to the thread descending into off topic bickering and point scoring. As to whatever action has been taken against other posters, we generally don't discuss this, we only discuss your infraction/ban/etc but in this case I can confirm action was taken and it too was appropriate to breach of the charter these other posters were guilty of.

In terms of your personal attack on Black Swan being biased please be aware that personal attacks are not a good idea, and I am not going to grace that claim with a response here. Posters are again asked to either report such posts or to contact the Category Mods with details on such claims, it is not the done thing to call anyone's character into question in the manner above.

Ban stands. Of course as per the process here if you still wish to challenge this we can escalate this to the Admin team if you so wish.

Hope that clarifies your ban.

Regards
    Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Harold Weiss

Taltos wrote:
    Personally I would have categorised your post as Flaming, and would have issued a weeks ban instead of three days.

Thank you for your impartial decision on this matter.

Sincerely, sincerely, Cinco de Mayo on behalf of Black Swan and the Californian Sun we continue to live in fantasy land where it's comfortable to refer upon the brown people of Iraq in ridiculous tones.

Sexually abusing brown people is great fun. I enjoy watching brown Iraqi people be abused by American soldiers.

Raping women is perfectly okay if you're an American.
    Video taping the rape and sodomy of young boys is okay if the victim is brown and the perpetrator is white and American. Thanks for clarification.

God bless the great country of America, showing those brown infidels the civilized world of America.
    Raping and mudering is great, because the mainstream media say so. Thank you so much for twisting reality for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Admin team please mark this as closed.

OP - strongly recommend you look to yourself here, it appears you are not taking on board the advice offered but if you continue like this the mods in Politics will have little option but to permanently ban you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement