Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway courier franchise

Options
  • 26-04-2014 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭

There is a Fastway courier franchise for sale in my home area.
    Does anyone have any idea about the profitability of these ??
    It's going for €14k, with what looks like a well clapped out van.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

I wouldn't know anything about this industry but there has to be a reason why there is so many of these franchises for sale on donedeal, seems like most guys want out.I remember a thread here a while back someone saying the make 40c per parcel delivered so its no wonder you see them driving around towns like lunatics!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭kinklee7

Joe Duffy did something on this a few years back, Not good from what I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I use them a lot and they're great but 14k for a business.. Doesn't sound like a winner to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

If it was a business that gave you the independence of being self employed it would be ok. Unfortunately, you will be just a glorified employee with no benefits. From whar I hear (I use them regularly and find the actual services great) your worked hard and carry alot of responsibility that you don't gain anything much from. I personally know one guy that just hates it and would be out in a heart beat if he could find a taker for his franchise.

Having said that, if you are happy to work 12 hour days and accept your not really your own boss you can make a wage. Do a LOT of research into any area you might be interested in and don't take the figures you are given at face value. The guy selling may be desperate to get out and willing to hype thing a bit to suck you in.

P.S December is the month from hell for fastway franchisees.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

There has been a lot of talk on here over the years about people interested in fastway franchise and reports were never good. It all depends on how busy the area is. Why is the owner looking to sell and the thing that would put me off straight away is the price. €14,000 for an established business including a van seems very low to me if the business was making any money.

If you had €14,000 to spend there is much better business ideas out there or even if courier is the way you want to go you could invest €14k into setting up your very own courier business.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Thanks guys.
    I was only mildly curious, but not any more.

Advertisement