Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat in Ashbourne

Options
  • 26-04-2014 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Interview in Ashbourne during the week and i'll need to get some lunch afterwards. I have never been in Ashbourne before so have no clue where to go.
    Not looking for anything fancy at all, just a maybe a cafe or somewhere thats not too expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

There's an obriens around on new street and a couple of lunch bistro places near there but not a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Somewhere like that would do me fine. I saw on the map there's domino's pizza and places like that so can go there if I'm stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 aoifemcd

The deli store behind murtaghs on the Main Street does a lovely open chicken sandwich..highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

If you are looking for something rustic and tasty and travel by car, go to Newbarn Farm. Off Ashbourne, very nice. www.newbarnfarm.ie

I just went to Mcdonalds:)
    Looks like a really nice place and Dublin is not far away either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lynnser

There are so many gorgeous places to eat in Ashbourne Borderfox!

I cant remember the name of the Indian restaurant in Ashbourne, but I had the nicest Indian meal I ever tasted there, absolutely gorgeous, would highly recommend it

Possibly Jamuna, it is delicious!

I saw an Indian just opposite Tesco, is that it?

Yes, upstairs.
    Worth a visit.. Absolutely beautiful food, quite expensive but with the great service & food, you won't feel ripped off.

• Advertisement

Lynnser wrote: »
    Yes, upstairs.
    Worth a visit.. Absolutely beautiful food, quite expensive but with the great service & food, you won't feel ripped off.

My interview was in an office in the same building. Didn't look much from the outside I'll admit but that doesn't mean the food is not nice.

By the way, did you get the job?

By the way, did you get the job?
    I don't know yet. Will probably be another few days. Interview went well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Possibly Jamuna, it is delicious!

not a patch on Cinnamon Garden.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I don't know yet. Will probably be another few days. Interview went well though.

Well good luck with it!

I didn't get it.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I didn't get it.
    Sorry to hear that.
    Hopefully something comes up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Just as a follow up on this, Jamuna seems to have had the shutters down for a good few days now, not a good sign.
    Pity, as I've always had a good meal or takeaway there.

I believe they are restoring it, hopefully it's true as it's beautiful food & service.

Advertisement