Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cash out BOI cheque from related branch ?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I don`t have an account with anymore. I used to have it but closed it completely.  Now I have a cheque from BOI one of 

Dublin`s Branch and  I don`t want to wait for cheque clearance for 5 working days when I lodge in my AIB account. 

If I drive up to the branch where payment cheque came from with my passport, would I able to cash out the related amount on cheque??

Is there any limit on value on payment cheque ? Just say if the cheque is for over 14K, can I still cash out the money 

from related branch.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi newbie13,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

If the cheque is crossed it must be lodged to a bank account and if it is marked as 'account payee' it must be lodged to an account in the same name that appears on the cheque.

Generally, smaller value cheques can be cashed in the account holding branch, provided you have photo ID and the above mentioned markings do not appear on the cheque. However, we would suggest calling the Dublin branch and a representative can advise you if your particular cheque can be cashed based on the value, cheque markings etc.

For a full list of our Branches and their contact details please see here.

If we can help you with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement