Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for attaching stuff to pebble dash

• 26-04-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I have a climbing rose beside my shed, but the rose is free standing at the moment because I'm having a lot of difficulty attaching wire to the shed; every time I try to drive in a nail the pebble dash just chips off and I get nowhere. I've tried drilling, but I don't have the strength to get into the concrete. Are there any hooks or anything that don't require nailing or drilling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

kylith wrote: »
    I have a climbing rose beside my shed, but the rose is free standing at the moment because I'm having a lot of difficulty attaching wire to the shed; every time I try to drive in a nail the pebble dash just chips off and I get nowhere. I've tried drilling, but I don't have the strength to get into the concrete. Are there any hooks or anything that don't require nailing or drilling?
    Yea there really is no decent subsitute for drilling and using eyebolts, they'll give the best support and last the longest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Make sure you are using a masonry drill bit (usually silver in colour ) and a hammer action drill (sds if you can borrow one), non hammer action will destroy you trying to drill into concrete!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

also if you have a cold chisel use that to knock off the pebbles where you want to drill first. saves a bit of effort!

Advertisement