Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net attachment size

Options
  • 26-04-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

Could you please tell me the maximum attachment file size that can be sent and recived by eircom.net email users.

Thanks Flyingsnail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Could you please tell me the maximum attachment file size that can be sent and recived by eircom.net email users.

Thanks Flyingsnail.
    Hi flyingsnail

I have sent a request to email support for an answer to this and as soon as I have this I will let you know here right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any update on this?
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi flyingsnail
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]The size quoted (25 MB) is the maximum size of the message including the encoding required to transport it across email systems. Encoding results in an attachment approximately 137% the size of the original, so a file of about 18MB makes a message size of approximately the 24MB total messages size limit.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To clarify, the largest attachment can be approximately 18MB

[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement