Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think my Ban is very harsh

Options
  • 26-04-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was banned from talk to Adverts. I think it's unfair. Below are the details.
    Steve wrote:
    Hi Rackstar,
    The post right above yours said:
    Steve wrote:
    Folks, this thread is getting out of hand.

Anyone posting insults or posting baseless accusations or generally posting pot-shots at the adverts reps will have their access here removed for a week. No more warnings.

Genuine feedback and discussion is welcome, trolling / flaming is not.

I realise many people are unhappy with the changes but if you are angry then step back, take a deep breath and post your opinion in a rational manner.

Thanks

What part of that did you not get?

Ther were also previous warnings from myself and other mods to stay on topic.

Thanks,
    Steve.
    Rackstar wrote:
    Hi Steve,

I'm not sure why I got banned. Please see the break down of my comments in brackets.

Looks like distilled media are cracking the whip. (Meaning they are making changes to adverts.ie)

I really can't get over the arrogance of the Adverts reps and the care free attitude. (A reference to the adverts.ie Rep Louise's flippant one word responses)

The community spirit has been destroyed. RIP adverts.ie
    (My opinion that the community spirit that adverts.ie is now gone)*

Regards,

Rackstar
    Steve wrote:
    Dear Rackstar,

You have been banned from Adverts.ie for one week for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Steve

Your post:
    Rackstar wrote: »
    Looks like distilled media are cracking the whip.

I really can't get over the arrogance of the Adverts reps and the care free attitude.

The community spirit has been destroyed. RIP adverts.ie*

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post:

Hello Rackstar.

Please note that I have brought your thread to the attention of the relevant Boards.ie Ltd Staff members who are tasked with overseeing complaints where the original Moderator has upheld their original decision.

When the matter has been thoroughly investigated, you can expect an update.

Regards,

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I don't understand what it is you're appealing. You were warned, you ignored it, and you have presented no other arguments to support your case. Am I missing something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement