Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show 26th April 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Maybe Ruarí Quinn should send Jeffrey to the teacher conferences next year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Let's hear it for the girls!

EDIT: *record scratches*

Not great orators! Not great entrepreneurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

He missed one thing men do better than women: pee standing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Jesus what a complete tosser:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He does look good at 74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"You wait til I'm Mayor. You'll find out how tough I am!" Arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Archer and a good few M.P.s in Britain have spent time in prison after disgracing themselves. Over here, we give them some directorships an a fat pension for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"You wait til I'm Mayor. You'll find out how tough I am!" Arsehole

Michael Crick's book about Archer is good.

It rips him apart completely.

what a smarmy lick arse...wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

He ignored Brendan when he asked him about his father being much older than his mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

One of the things I really admire about the British is they're not afraid to send famous and successful people like Jeffrey to prison when they've broken the law.

What sort of a thing is that to say about your (possible) Grandson?

Imagine he watches this in a few years and thinks 'Grandad wishes I was a girl'.

Rory McIroy would want to put down that guitar and get back to the golfing.. No wonder he hasnt been challenging this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

An island off the Mayo coast is transatlantic

...a bit

The lead singer's cute

Skid X wrote: »
    What sort of a thing is that to say about your (possible) Grandson?

Imagine he watches this in a few years and thinks 'Grandad wishes I was a girl'.
    I agree, it's complete sh1te, any parent/grandparent should be damn happy with a healthy baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭horse7

WTF! That's some risk they are taking, selling the house and all their possessions. There's no safety net in Australia for them if things don't work out.
    any info on the visa they have applied for,i heard them say it was 30 or 40 thousand each,but they must meet certain criteria to qualify for a visa,because even a brother living in australia is not enough for brother/sister to get into australia.

?format=500w

EMTFlynn wrote: »
    He ignored Brendan when he asked him about his father being much older than his mother.

Brendan is a woeful interviewer, didn't even challenge him one bit about thatcher

• Advertisement

Archer has millions, he should write a nice cheque for that other couple so the can live with their family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Archer really is a reptile pretending to be a nice person.

An island off the Mayo coast is transatlantic

...a bit

I think they're icelandic actually :D

lufties wrote: »
    Brendan is a woeful interviewer, didn't even challenge him one bit about thatcher
    He didn't challenge him on any unsavoury stuff, Jeffrey probably has it written into his contract that he won't discuss any of it.

lufties wrote: »

I'd say the archer carefully restricts what arrows you are allowed to draw from your quiver..

(working away furiously on a similar "thatcher" metaphor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

twirlagig wrote: »
    What would you write about Lisha? :)

I'd love to be able to write a book as comforting as a Maeve Binchy. Something a reader could return to like a comfort blanket. Not a very lofty ideal I know but I like to make people happy.

I also read the Australian novel 'the slap' by tsiolakas lately. Such a consuming book where everything, though crude and raw, felt so real and shocking.

So if I could write anything that consumed people, entertained them and fed their soul, I'd be very happy.

• Advertisement

Ryan Tubridy would make a great manager for Man Utd., given his interest in sports :pac:

Cruella deVille???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

MrsD007 wrote: »
    One of the things I really admire about the British is they're not afraid to send famous and successful people like Jeffrey to prison when they've broken the law.

That's probably why he likes Ireland so much. That and the fact that the British media wouldn't go near him with a barge pole.

53. You'd swear she was 83. Imagine, getting married at 53.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I couldn't put an age on her at all, could be any guess between 35 and 60.

• Advertisement

Talking about styling the audience...the irony!

I thought the crowd on here would have a big problem with how this woman treated the 101 puppehs..

101dalmatians-liveaction_240x240.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

whats the number for the compo i'm feeling lucky..

your one looks like that one from 101 Dalmatians

Thargor wrote: »
    My number #1 daydream at work, apart from maybe inventing Google or something like that, wouldnt have the balls though :(

Ugh I know. Dreaming is good fur the soul though I reckon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I've more style in my left buttock

She's defo in her 50's

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

More misery.

More fcuking misery

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Lisha wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to write a book as comforting as a Maeve Binchy. Something a reader could return to like a comfort blanket. Not a very lofty ideal I know but I like to make people happy.

I also read the Australian novel 'the slap' by tsiolakas lately. Such a consuming book where everything, though crude and raw, felt so real and shocking.

So if I could write anything that consumed people, entertained them and fed their soul, I'd be very happy.
    You're the only person that's stopping you from doing it, Lisha.
    Follow your dreams :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

efb wrote: »
    She's defo in her 50's

Think they said 53? She's looked the same for the past 10-15 years easily

• Advertisement

You should give it a try, Lisha.

Even start with a short story. Take out a notebook and start writing down ideas, anything which comes into your head. You might hear a story tonight or tomorrow which gives you a great idea. No bother to you at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

"... And then we sacrificed a goat"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I fantasize about being either George RR Martin writing Game of Thrones or JK Rowling writing Harry Potter :o

Cathy and her beau. I think her hair looks much nicer in this picture.

LIV_2014-01-05_LIF_004_30113074_I1.JPG

This is boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

she looks like she got dragged through a ditch backwards.

Thargor wrote: »
    I fantasize about being either George RR Martin writing Game of Thrones or JK Rowling writing Harry Potter :o

Heehee I think I've a touch of Walter Mittyitis at times. But it's all good fun to help pass the day. :)

So we all getting a first copy of Lisha's book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Cruella de Ville.

Why why why, do women dye 99% of their hair and then leave a white streak? It's so distracting!

• Advertisement

Tubridy is probably watching this at home thinking how come this one slipped through the Late Late Show misery fest net. I reckon some of his researchers will be getting their P45's on Monday morning.

Advertisement