Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Truskmore

Options
  • 26-04-2014 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what is the access like on the road to Truskmore mast? I was thinking of cycling up but I know there is a locked gate, is access completely forbidden or is it more to stop people driving up to the mast? I don't know of any other routes for taking a bike up the mountain from that side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

rizzodun wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what is the access like on the road to Truskmore mast? I was thinking of cycling up but I know there is a locked gate, is access completely forbidden or is it more to stop people driving up to the mast? I don't know of any other routes for taking a bike up the mountain from that side.

lift your bike over the fence if it's locked and go up. i've done this. the guys working up there gave me a friendly wave. another time i was parking the car and the guy coming down asked me if i wanted the gate left open to drive up but i said i wanted the walk so he closed it. it's really cool up there, the installation is huge like a bond villians lair in the clouds! views are top notch if it's clear too. enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

promethius wrote: »
    lift your bike over the fence if it's locked and go up. i've done this. the guys working up there gave me a friendly wave. another time i was parking the car and the guy coming down asked me if i wanted the gate left open to drive up but i said i wanted the walk so he closed it. it's really cool up there, the installation is huge like a bond villians lair in the clouds! views are top notch if it's clear too. enjoy

Thanks Promethius, I had no problem with just lifting the bike over, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't get a frosty reception heading up there, hopefully the weather holds good next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

nah you will be grand loads of people go up. the mast is enormous when you're up close to it.

Advertisement