Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising ground with earth and pebbles

• 26-04-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I have dug up, turned over and leveled by back yard.now I want to raise the level by so much. Ideally using pebbles but if having earth underneath is cheaper then ill do a mixture

Is there a rule of thumb that say a tonne of earth or pebbles would raise an area of say 50 square meters by so many centimetres? i need to gauge how much i need with out getting too much or too little

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

allycavs wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have dug up, turned over and leveled by back yard.now I want to raise the level by so much. Ideally using pebbles but if having earth underneath is cheaper then ill do a mixture

Is there a rule of thumb that say a tonne of earth or pebbles would raise an area of say 50 square meters by so many centimetres? i need to gauge how much i need with out getting too much or too little

Thanks
    Alan
    Yes it's called volume and there is a formulae, you multiply the lenght x width x depth, so say you want to increase the overall height by 50mm(2 inches) then using your example of 50m2 you multiply the 50x.05= 2.5m3 or 2.5 cubic metres if you prefer.

Advertisement