Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sales gimmicks

Options
  • 26-04-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Does anyone the situation regarding discount sales 'my problem is i went to B and Q two weeks ago to look at some flooring 'the price of it was €39 per sqr metre 'went back two weeks later on wednesday23rd april and the price had increased to €49 nearly 25per cent increase 'when i questioned this they told to come back friday that there was a 20per cent off sale .My question is are they allowed to do this 'seems to me to put something up by 25per cent and then tell people they are having a 20per cent sale two weeks later is sharp practice if not against consumer law:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

moved from Motoring

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

same with tiles and bathrooms, do they not realise that you can just Google the price while standing in a store and see what price it has been over the last year.

I went to one tile shop where all tiles were half price, or just same price everywhere else. why bother?

for a sale to be a sale , the item has to be for sale at the higher price for 28 days previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    same with tiles and bathrooms, do they not realise that you can just Google the price while standing in a store and see what price it has been over the last year.

I went to one tile shop where all tiles were half price, or just same price everywhere else. why bother?

for a sale to be a sale , the item has to be for sale at the higher price for 28 days previous.
    is 20per cent off classed as a sale if so are they breaking consumer law ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

No law whatsoever regarding how retail pricing is advertised. There are guidelines and also you cannot lie to a customer.

Its an area that needs serious regulation. Currys/Pc World are one of the worst, hiking prices for a 2 week period and then a magical €200 discount. (check the small print at bottom of their adverts on TV)

Advertisement