Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to bring bitch to stud while in heat.

• 26-04-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭

As stated above I'm just wondering what is the best time while she is in heat to bring her to the stud. She is a jack Russell and is currently ten days in heat. Was going to bring her to stud tomorrow for a few days. Are my timings right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Reggie. wrote: »
    As stated above I'm just wondering what is the best time while she is in heat to bring her to the stud. She is a jack Russell and is currently ten days in heat. Was going to bring her to stud tomorrow for a few days. Are my timings right?

I was always told around 12 days so yes I would say you are there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Get her progesterone tested by your vet. That will tell you exactly when as all bitches are different and ovulate on diff days on their season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

I had a bitch years ago who would take the dog from day 8 to day 14 its rare I know but usually day 11/12 is the norm

but as andreac says above vet is the best bet to get it spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Well I brought her to the boyfriend tonight. I'll give her a few days there.

Advertisement