Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post op lab with buster collar- :(

• 26-04-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

She is not a happy camper. Had been licking her wound and it was getting quite red and angry looking. Rang 3 vets, last one said put the buster collar on, distract her, let her go for gentle walks, keep her as quiet as possible. Well having lost the carkeys and having got a lift home from kind neighbour, i guess we're not going anywhere in a hurry. She's calming down a bit now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gussieg wrote: »
    She is not a happy camper. Had been licking her wound and it was getting quite red and angry looking. Rang 3 vets, last one said put the buster collar on, distract her, let her go for gentle walks, keep her as quiet as possible. Well having lost the carkeys and having got a lift home from kind neighbour, i guess we're not going anywhere in a hurry. She's calming down a bit now

you are doing better than i did with my two, spayed together. the collars lasted about five minutes. they were traumatised by them. but they did not worry their wounds and i took the stitches out myself when it was time.

hope you find your car keys. mine went missing easter morning. found them in an open bag of potting compost...

good luck with the dog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

gussieg wrote: »

Probably a bit late now but did you know that there are alternatives to the traditional plastic cone type buster collars. I have used an inflatable one before and it works out less stessful for the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭gussieg

She's still looking at me dolefully, but calming down a bit. Regular bits of dental sticks may be helping, as to the keys, i had let her loose on the lanyard i used for the keys so they are somewhere in the little park nearby... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭gussieg

Got a very kind vet to see her after a calf to give her anti b s and something else. Cone is off for now, she is dozing, all thanks to the very kind neighbours i have here..we 're all calmer now

Advertisement