Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bag and stuff for creche?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I'm on a roll today asking questions. My son is starting creche in 2 weeks time. I don't know what I need to bring in or an appropriate size bag for his stuff so two questions:
    What bag do I get?
    What do I send in with him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Cool - what are you sending in with the baby? I know nappies, wipes, cream, bottle but do we have to send in food too or anything else I can't currently think of? Also I make the bottles not like the HSE guidelines; are the creche allowed to accept the bottles as I make them or do I need to follow those guidelines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You'll have to ask the creche what to send because it definitely varies! I just sent a change of clothes, nappies and bottles for the day to my child minder, she provided meals.

Some provide all food, some provide main meals and you provide snacks.

I haven't a clue about the bottles either, you'll have to ask the creche again as it will vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

All depends on the creche, I'd ask them. I sent in bottles and snacks daily, they provide meals.

I gave a big box of nappies and wipes and they let me know when they ran out every few weeks.

Why don't you follow the guidelines? Is it a special formula?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You'ld be as well just to ask the crèche, for example in my son's crèche I have to provide nappies but not wipes, as they have their own things for cleaning. We have to provide a change of clothes but not bibs or food. Also our bag has to be quite small because they have limited space for them. There are a lot of variables depending on the crèche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

pwurple wrote: »

I've chosen not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

pwurple wrote: »
    All depends on the creche, I'd ask them. I sent in bottles and snacks daily, they provide meals.

I gave a big box of nappies and wipes and they let me know when they ran out every few weeks.

In fairness I reckon the OP probably makes the bottles in batches for 24 hours not one at a time!

Advertisement