Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priorities

• 26-04-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi. As we enter the final furlong, I have 7 exams to sit in June and next year plan to do Arts in NUIG, Irish and Geography. So I am borderline whether or not to just focus on those two subjects for LC. Points are about 300-320 in NUIG and I got 515 in the mocks with very little study.

English - C2 (65)
    Irish - B1 (85)
    Maths - C3 (85)
    French - D1 (55)X
    Accounting - A2 (90)
    Ag. Science - A1 (100)
    Geography - A2 (90)

I have spent the last 2 weeks studying 6 subjects (not counting french) and am confident I will get the points.
    But, spending the few weeks doing everything seems like a waste and since I will need only 2 subjects. Is anyone else thinking of the same or even doing it? Even not, give me your thoughts.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Give them extra time if you want maybe, but you should keep working at everything. You don't want to end up not fulfilling your potential just because you don't need the points! If you wanted to push yourself you could try to earn an entrance scholarship which is 585 points if you include maths and 560 if you don't. If you got 515 with little study you may be able to achieve this.

Advertisement