Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could a happily married man have an affair ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭wired117

Hope works out for you, don't listen to anyone but your heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

So in one scenario the other woman had 'NO RESPONSIBILITY', but in the other scenario she did? That's some double standard you have right there.

Yes, different circumstances and motivations, one did it out of jealousy, the the other seems to have done it simply because the guy was rich. Both equally abhorrent to me, and carry the same responsibility.

No, you misunderstood. Ordinarily the other woman wouldn't have had a responsibility towards the OP and her family. By making it about jealousy and having an agenda, she's the one that moved the goalposts on herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

A man can love one woman but want to have sex with others.For some there is a world of difference between love and sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

If you really love him and he really does love you give him a chance I beg you maybe it be the right decision you will ever make and even though my wife has done some horrible things to me now just to hurt me because of what I did I still love her and I know just one hug from her would make all the pain go away, I was trying to tell her I told her I was struggle she was just scared to do more, I don't blame her for it all I blame my self for running away and she just doesn't want to give me another chance and I respect that.
    If i was your husband chinamanda i spend the rest of my life making you happy and I only wish my wife could her my words.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Chimamanda wrote: »
    Hi guys . I'm looking for a male perspective here if you wouldn't mind .
    I just wondered if a happily married man could ever consider/engage in an affair ?
    Let's say you could get away with it and didn't think your wife would find out ?
    Is it possible to love someone and be happily married yet get your kicks elsewhere too coz it's handed to you on a plate ?
    My husband claims that he loves me dearly and has never stopped loving me even though he was having sex with someone else . Is it a load of bs or could he be telling me the truth ?

How did you find out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

S.R. wrote: »
    How did you find out?

She happened upon his texts one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Greendiamond

Chimamanda wrote: »
    Thank you Greendiamond . Yes , if I'm being honest , what's possibly hurting me the most is the fact that he didn't come to me to talk about whatever was bothering him (but he still insists that nothing was bothering him !!) And yes , there is no excuse for what he did , but there can be forgiveness . I'd certainly hope that he could forgive me and stand by me if I did something wrong ( and I believe he would ) . It is not going to be easy and I'm not sure if I can ever trust him again , but I will try because it's worth fighting for .

Many marriages do recover and its easy for me to say its a deal breaker but its hard to throw away all your years together. It sounds like you both want to make it work and thats half the battle. I think you need to be 100% honest with each other and keep talking. Tell him exactly how you feel. He does need to take responsibility though and not use the 'it was handed on a plate line'
    I hope you can work it out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

pajopearl wrote: »
    She happened upon his texts one day.

That's why I turned on security code on my mobile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

Yes you can .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod
    OP,
    It is not permitted to have multiple threads on the same subject open across different forums, so for that reason I'm going to close this one.
    Sauve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement