Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Reposession - Tenant

Options
  • 26-04-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I've just received notice that my house is up for repossession - the letter is a week old but only posted last Thursday?, Estate agents called to say they wanted to value the property 24 hours later. The note says that all rent should be paid to the receiver. I have decided to move out, but the new property won't be ready until the beginning of June. I also do not wish estate agents coming into my home and taking pictures of all my stuff and plastering it all over my home.ie. So. Given its only 5 weeks, I haven't received an eviction notice, do I have to let them into my property or can I make them wait until I have moved out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

You don't have to let them in, but, if you are leaving it would be nice of you to allow them access on your terms so that they can do their job.

Have you given them notice that you are going to move out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

No, Not yet, my wife did tell the auctioneer we were moving out but nothing formal, I plan to call the receiver next week and follow up in writing. I just wanted to know where I stood before writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

No, Not yet, my wife did tell the auctioneer we were moving out but nothing formal, I plan to call the receiver next week and follow up in writing. I just wanted to know where I stood before writing.

How long have you been renting there? What type of lease do you have?
    The minimum notice is 28 days but it could be as high as 56 days depending on circumstances.
    Also if you have a fixed term lease you may not serve notice and leave, you may have to find your replacement and assign the remainder of the lease to them otherwise you could be liable for the remaining rent for months left on the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

We've been here 17 months, there's no fixed term lease

Advertisement