Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissatisfied customer

Options
  • 26-04-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

You want to break your contract with your mobile phone provider but don't want to pay any penalties? There is nothing stopping you from moving to Vodafone but you will have to pay a contract cancellation fee. This would be the same with any company.

Which is why id never sign a 24 month contract. No iphone is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kelliemc2014

Riamfada wrote: »
    You want to break your contract with your mobile phone provider but don't want to pay any penalties? There is nothing stopping you from moving to Vodafone but you will have to pay a contract cancellation fee. This would be the same with any company.

Which is why id never sign a 24 month contract. No iphone is worth it.

I am aware of the cancellation few but I just feel not valued as a customer they had no interest in my issues and fobbed me off. I work for a communications company and i would do absolutely anything to ensure my customer is valued and do what I can to keep them. You would imagine in the current climate they would be jumping at signing people into 2 year contracts as opposed to letting them go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Are you dissatisfied that you are being charged for breaking a contract, the terms of which you agreed to in order to get your current phone and package? Or what exactly did you want them to do? If you are not due an upgrade and have months left on the current package do you expect Vodafone or any other provider to behave any differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Sounds like you are using a heavily subsidised phone provided by Three. You cannot just decide to cancel that contract so they don't really have to 'fight' to keep your custom. They have it anyway. If you have network issues you do have a case though.. How has that changed in 4 years?

There is a Talk to Three forum on Boards. You could take it up there, but I wouldn't waste my time unless you have definitive coverage problems etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

An Iphone cost the operators about €500. To recoup that they need you to sign up to a 24 month contract for about €50 a month.

It doesn't matter whether its Three, O2, vodafone or meteor. They need to recoup the cost.

Some give unlimited calls, some unlimited data, some unlimited both.

Some include UK calls & include roaming and three includes calls when you are on their network in many other countries.

Rather than pick a network on a headline price and a fancy phone - pick the network that suits your useage pattern. (I call UK a lot and travel to UK and US a fair bit - so three is brilliant for my profile)

As for customer care not "caring" - what do you want them to do? You rang to cancel - they said fine - here are the fees. I think thats great, personally I can't stand companies that have a pre written sales pitch to "keep you". Or did you want them to go on bended knee to you? - and Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

That's why I wouldn't touch 3 with a bargepole. Reception here as well as at home in the UK is awful and the CS (as the OP's discovered) is *****.

Riamfada is right. I don't sign 24 month contracts for a joke. Most I'd go to is 18 months, and even then I'd be crying about it! Unfortunately, 12 mth contracts with a nice phone don't exist any more. Not unless you want to pay through the nose up front for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I've been with Three for years and have no complaints. Reception is excellent where I am.

If I was outside any of the cities I wouldn't go anywhere near them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hutchison Whampoa (Three Parent Company) made $4.01 billion net profit in 2013. If there is one thing everyone knows about Three is that no one is a "valued customer".

They are about to buy all of O2's customers and their prices beat everyone else handsdown. Its very much the Ryanair business model and it works. Im afraid there is no easy way out of your contract without penalties. I would say again to you is buy a phone on adverts or donedeal and get yourself a sim only contract. Works out cheaper and no heafty cancellation fees.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement