Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you oven bake ''Fry'' Chips ?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 4:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭

I bought a big bag of fry frozen chips by mistake and I don't like frying. Can I oven bake them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

kinklee7 wrote: »
    I bought a big bag of fry frozen chips by mistake and I don't like frying. Can I oven bake them ?

You can give them a go but they can come out sort of dry and pale sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I tried it before, they were inedible!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I tried before and I sprayed them with cooking oil first. Cooked them for a good while (probably about 45 mins) and they were grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You can but will need to spray oil on them otherwise they will end up dry. Oven chips have oil on them so they don't go dry when being baked.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Bring them back and swop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

Bring them back and swop.

Would a shop exchange frozen goods? I don't think they could re-stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I did the same not so long ago. I shallow fried them for few mins in a pan with a good dollop of oil, turning them , and then put them on a pizza try in oven. Not healthy but actually delicious and not a wasted purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Miaireland wrote: »
    Oven chips have oil on them so they don't go dry when being baked.
    Yeah, they are partially cooked too, I think so are most frying chips. This is why frozen potato wedges cook in the oven faster than ones you make yourself.

I see more and more frozen chips which can be cooked in the oven or fried. If you look at the back of the packs you can see if there is a % of oil content in them.

Advertisement