Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stone mason

Options
  • 26-04-2014 4:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48

hi there

il try and be as specific as i can , i own an 1800 sqr foot bungalow which i bought two years ago , instead of getting the outside painted ( which needs doing though its not that offensively bad ) , im thinking of getting a stone mason to do the stone veneer - facade look ,

i know it will cost multiples of a paint job but i really love that stone facade look

anyone got an idea how much it might cost , are we talking 20 k ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

marc_faber wrote: »
    hi there

il try and be as specific as i can , i own an 1800 sqr foot bungalow which i bought two years ago , instead of getting the outside painted ( which needs doing though its not that offensively bad ) , im thinking of getting a stone mason to do the stone veneer - facade look ,

i know it will cost multiples of a paint job but i really love that stone facade look

I'm guessing that the Labour would be somewhere in the region of 50-80 euro per sq. metre.
    However,would you also need to consolidate the Foundations to take the weight of the stone?

The positives being that,should you clad it with fieldstone,it will get better with age and no more gallons of paint and man hours for the front of the house;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DeeJunFan

hi there

It would depend on what stone you were going to use.

I have a quote for solid stone of around 40 euro per m2 and for stick on type stone of 55 euro but the stick on would be a fraction of the labour costs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 marc_faber

DeeJunFan wrote: »
    It would depend on what stone you were going to use.

I have a quote for solid stone of around 40 euro per m2 and for stick on type stone of 55 euro but the stick on would be a fraction of the labour costs.

and does the" stick on " look as good ?

how common is its use compared to the real thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

and does the" stick on " look as good ?

In my opinion no there's no comparison between the two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 marc_faber

hexosan wrote: »
    In my opinion no there's no comparison between the two.

yeah , ive been observing houses and the real stuff is much more authentic looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭declan52

The cladding made from real stone looks gd. The versions made from concrete def don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hbarstone

for your average bung it would cost the same to face with real stone 6 to 8 inch thick or stic k on real stone 1 inch thick . i am allowing for diff methods dealing with foundation ,cill and head extentions etc.

<snip>

no soliciting or advertising please, read the forum charter. if there is a next time you'll be banned

Advertisement