Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the UK - Looking for some advice

Options
  • 26-04-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

I will be moving to the UK in about one months time and I'm starting to arrange some things.

One of the most trickiest is moving the stuff to the new place. I've been here for only a couple of years so I don't have that much stuff. I haven't made the calculations but, TV, electronics, clothes and other things should all fit in say 6 or 7 boxes, maybe less, since some of it I will just take with me in the plane. I don't own the furniture so I won't be taking any with me.

It is still a considerable amount of things, some of them heavy.

Plan A was to rent a van and go all the way to the UK, but I would like to avoid that because I'm not used to driving here.

What do you think the best option would be? I have friends in the same building, can they just keep the boxes and ship them using a courier company once I'm there? Or would it be cheaper to use a removal company? (take into account that I don't need them to get into my place or anything, in fact it won't be my place anymore once I'm gone, all I need is to move those boxes to the new place).

Anyway, I would appreciate any ideas ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Your best option is to try and sell off as much stuff as possible before the move.
    Things like TVs etc there is very little point in taking with you.

Advertisement