Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who could replace Charlton Heston In Ben Hur

Options

Comments

Brad Pitt is the perfect person for this, he's already proven himself adept at this type of thing, as has Butler though the latter may not have the acting chops for anything beyond kicking men in slow motion.

And you do realise that Timur Bekmambetov has directed 2 major studio pictures and produced a few too boot. He's been working in Hollywood for almost a decade at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I want to see Mr. Burns' version be remade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Hugh Jackman. Looks like he could row a galley with the best of em, and does a good line in tormented anguish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

User comment sums up my thoughts:

I'm so sick of studios using the excuse of "we're making this new film more like the original novel and not a remake of the other movie." One, its normally total BS (like total recall). Two, the reasons the original movies work is b/c they're not like the book. You could make any movie, Jurassic Park, Godfather, Lord of the RIngs, etc. more like the book, but that doesn't mean they need a remake. Maybe for a film that badly adapted a book, but for classics like Ben-hur its just a bad idea.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/timur-bekmambetovs-ben-hur-slated-for-a-2016-release#sthash.1JIKvtCw.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I know the director and them two vampire films were good and wanted was a pile of crap compared to the comic graphic novel.

As for your 2 Major Studio movies

I would not call them that big

I doubt that much was spent on them...

and the films speak for themselves...they are awful....

We want to want him to director something epic...and maybe Ben Hur will be it that lets him shine.......
    Brad Pitt is the perfect person for this, he's already proven himself adept at this type of thing, as has Butler though the latter may not have the acting chops for anything beyond kicking men in slow motion.

And you do realise that Timur Bekmambetov has directed 2 major studio pictures and produced a few too boot. He's been working in Hollywood for almost a decade at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see Joel Edgerton as Ben-Hur and Michael Fassbender as Messala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

an inanimate carbon rod would be able to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I do not wish to be banned, but really Ben Hur. Just change the number plates on the Charriot. This is the present we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I can see Jon Hamm making it work, perhaps. Or Bradley Cooper with the right haircut. But what 's the point of a remake? The 1959 version (with Heston) still holds up well today.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Wolfgang Peterson's 'Troy' called to violently disagree with you....

I'd go with the flavour of the month Tom Hardy. Films like Bronson and Warrior show's that he has the steely brawn, but he also has great acting chops and a degree for soulfulness.

As for Timur Bekmambetov, he's the guy you go to when Zack Snyder is busy, which is never a good thing.

• Advertisement

Jack Huston linked to role now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Brad Pitt is the perfect person for this

No, just no.......easy on the eye for the ladies yes....but someone who can act..........Russell Crowe comes to mind or maybe Leonardo Di Caprio.

Toby Kebbell is in talks to play Messala

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Adamantium wrote: »
    User comment sums up my thoughts:

I'm so sick of studios using the excuse of "we're making this new film more like the original novel and not a remake of the other movie." One, its normally total BS (like total recall). Two, the reasons the original movies work is b/c they're not like the book. You could make any movie, Jurassic Park, Godfather, Lord of the RIngs, etc. more like the book, but that doesn't mean they need a remake. Maybe for a film that badly adapted a book, but for classics like Ben-hur its just a bad idea.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/timur-bekmambetovs-ben-hur-slated-for-a-2016-release#sthash.1JIKvtCw.dpuf

Ben-Hur with Charlton Heston was itself a remake! The original film was made in 1925.

Advertisement