Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle aged career change

Options
  • 26-04-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm a guy in my young forties who has worked predominantly in Construction on a manual basis although up to a skilled level in my field.

I really feel I have the ability to qualify as a ' professional ' ( architect, engineer etc ) but fear it is too late.
    I have a pass Leaving Certificate from my school days and I really enjoyed the technic drawing/creating side if things.

Basically my point is are there courses/paths/degrees which can be undertaken while I keep my full time job where I'm
    based in Cork. The local Colleges seem to be limited in what they can offer a middle aged guy whom wants to study albeit the unconventional route.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Iveee

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Herenow

Hi did you get much clarity on this, I am considering going this route myself. I know its possible to repeat leaving cert and applying for a level 7/8 degree.

Advertisement