Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas how I could identify this CD?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I have a dubbed cassette tape of popular classical music and a sleeve of handwritten track names with the cassette.

I'm trying to identify what the original CD is so I can purchase it.

I'm wondering do you know of any website that could help me identify based on the sequence of track titles. By this I mean, if I know track #1 is 'eine kliene nachtmusik - allegro' track #2 is 'morning from peer gynt' , track #3 is 'spring from the four seasons' , track #4 etc etc would it be able to give me a list of possible CD's?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

No website that I can think of. Was it definitely recorded from one source and not a "mix tape" from various sources? I'm sure you could find a cd with a similar collection such as this one: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Best-Of-Classics-The-Four-Seasons-Classical-Greats/release/3251594
    You could always buy all the songs individually on itunes or another online music store and burn them to a cd yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

1) How many tracks?

2) Is the source vinyl? Listen closely for clicks, pops, static.

3) When do you think it was dubbed onto cassette?

James Last has a number of classical LPs. Without checking the shelves I know Classics Up To Date 6 starts with Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and the other two tracks are on Classics By Moonlight. He sold a lot of records in Ireland and many people taped copies from their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hematocyte wrote: »
    I have a dubbed cassette tape of popular classical music and a sleeve of handwritten track names with the cassette.

I'm trying to identify what the original CD is so I can purchase it.

I'm wondering do you know of any website that could help me identify based on the sequence of track titles. By this I mean, if I know track #1 is 'eine kliene nachtmusik - allegro' track #2 is 'morning from peer gynt' , track #3 is 'spring from the four seasons' , track #4 etc etc would it be able to give me a list of possible CD's?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Is that order you gave the real one or one you just made up?

Advertisement