Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2014 Weed Control Thread

• 26-04-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

ill start,

Roundup Flex, is this the same as Roundup biactive.

last year i paid €115 for 20ltrs of Biactive,
    always used it, and worked great for me.

I dont see Biactive at all this yr in the local agri store, but roundupflex is there, at €150.

seems pricey.

any ideas, ill be buying 20lts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

P_Cash wrote: »
    ill start,

Roundup Flex, is this the same as Roundup biactive.

last year i paid €115 for 20ltrs of Biactive,
    always used it, and worked great for me.

I dont see Biactive at all this yr in the local agri store, but roundupflex is there, at €150.

seems pricey.

any ideas, ill be buying 20lts.

I'm not 100% on this but fairly certain(would have to read the labels) biactive is a 360g product but the newer flex has 440g or something along those lines so takes less to do the same job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

Zr105 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% on this but fairly certain(would have to read the labels) biactive is a 360g product but the newer flex has 440g or something along those lines so takes less to do the same job

Flex is 15litres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

im looking at getting something to clear up ragworth and general weeds that are starting to etablish on ground i reseeded 3 yrs ago. ive been told d50 by one lad and another lad suggested forefront t. ive no price on the d50 but the forefront t is working out at e90 per hectare. are there any cheaper equivalents out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭P_Cash

stanflt wrote: »
    Flex is 15litres

your right, thanks, and its 150 for the 15 ltr on agri dir

found dome info on it here.

http://www.farmersguide.co.uk/page.aspx?p=219&article=2091

i hope this isnt paying more for less. . . (after mixing)

ill have to look up the mixing rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭P_Cash

I might have been strong, but i always put it out at 1 part roundup 40 water

• Advertisement

Miname wrote: »
    im looking at getting something to clear up ragworth and general weeds that are starting to etablish on ground i reseeded 3 yrs ago. ive been told d50 by one lad and another lad suggested forefront t. ive no price on the d50 but the forefront t is working out at e90 per hectare. are there any cheaper equivalents out there?

Pasture Klean from Osmonds

Pasture Klean from Osmonds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

is it not getting abit late now to spray for ragworth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

Apparently duplasin is gone from next year. Used it on silage ground regularly. Contractor sprayed forty acres for me this year. 350 euro. Better than me going round with ten foot booms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

stanflt wrote: »
    Flex is 15litres

What i mean is that biactive has 360grams glyphosate per litre, wereas the round up flex has 480g/litre meaning that a 15l can of flex has the same amount of the active ingredient as 20l of biactive would have,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

The missus says to me this am after mass 'wouldn't that be a good day to spray the weeds appearing around the place' ...so subtle;)...me on couch with hangover after busy day fertilising grazing yday,will watch the Chelsea/Pool,Munster and GAA games at same time!...and leave spraying till eve when sun goes down,have Roundup biactive left from last year.

Advertisement