Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What new Monitor ?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hey

I am looking for a new monitor for gaming and movies.

Price range : approx €600
    24 - 28 inch

Is Ultra HD worth it ?

Thanks,
    TK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Ultra HD is probably going to be out of the question for the next 12-18 months. The horse power you'll need in your graphics card to run games in 4k is just ridiculous at the moment. Your probably talking your budget again for a graphics card upgrade to get playable frame rates and about a grand to get to around the 60fps mark at the minimum unless you already have an absolute powerhouse of a pc.
    And for movies - there are pretty much none in 4k yet so there's no benefit there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I've been thinking about ultra wide 29" recently, would imagine cinema format movies would look good on it and must make games a bit more immersive if they support it. Seems to be LG panel, although not sure if other manufactures do it also or just use LG ones. Anyone have any experience with one

lg_29ma73_ips_monitor_tv_bemutato_video_tech2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Im pretty sure TerrorFirmer has/d one of these format monitors - might be worth asking him, or sticking a thread in Building and upgrading to see if anybody has a wide format monitor. I must say I have been tempted. sometimes there are discounted on amazon (AOC, LG, DELL brands) when i have looked then up eg

Advertisement