Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Predictions

• 26-04-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Has anyone got any predictions for the Leaving Cert. I have a few but I thought it might be nice if we all shared and helped each other.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'd expect to see a breakeven chart hopefully in the LQ's. What do you predict for the ABQ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Then again, the first three units (about 7-8 chapters depending on the book), are worth 50% of the total exam - comprises of the ABQ (20%), Q1 (Unit 1 - 15%) and Q4 (Unit 3 - 15%). Leaves you with short Q's (20%) and two other questions (15% each)..

What a time to be alive, eh (;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Exo wrote: »
    Then again, the first three units (about 7-8 chapters depending on the book), are worth 50% of the total exam - comprises of the ABQ (20%), Q1 (Unit 1 - 15%) and Q4 (Unit 3 - 15%). Leaves you with short Q's (20%) and two other questions (15% each)..

What a time to be alive, eh (;

Thank God for that, easiest chapters by far, despite all the smelly legislations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Id say there will be a ratio question

The Consumer Protection Act 2007 is tipped by many to come up. Since being introduced to the course all they've asked about is the NCA.

• Advertisement

Ratios are from Unit 4 I believe - maybe a short Q at the least; Q5 or 6 otherwise. I'm no fan of the Consumer Protection Act 2007, but I do believe they will incorporate it in a long question.. doubt it'll make an appearance in the ABQ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

what is the maximum amount of short questions they can ask on unit 6? planning to leave it out :/

You'd be surprised how many they could ask.. there's no limit (within reason).

But there's 10 questions and seven units....I'd say it's very unlikely they can ask more than 2 on ONE unit.

Is everyone planning to study all 7?

what is the maximum amount of short questions they can ask on unit 6? planning to leave it out :/

Same here. They typically ask 1 or 2. I feel I have an ok general knowledge of unit 6 so I should be ok for short Q's. Won't go anywhere near it in long Q's.

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    Same here. They typically ask 1 or 2. I feel I have an ok general knowledge of unit 6 so I should be ok for short Q's. Won't go anywhere near it in long Q's.

yeh like I studied unit 6 during Easter but I'm not planning to look at it again.Ever. :o

The most I imagine they would ask on any one unit is 3.

A horrifying thought though: It states nowhere that they have to ask questions from each unit so they could have them all on Unit 6. Their would be grievous uproar however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

The Consumer Protection Act 2007 is tipped by many to come up. Since being introduced to the course all they've asked about is the NCA.

What's actually in the CPA 2007 though? All it says in our book is the act was introduced in 2007 and led to the formation of the NCA before listing the functions of the NCA.

robman60 wrote: »
    What's actually in the CPA 2007 though? All it says in our book is the act was introduced in 2007 and led to the formation of the NCA before listing the functions of the NCA.

Which textbook do you have? I have the most recent version of '21st century business'. Basically, it bans Aggressive, Misleading and Prohibited practices and theres stuff about Pyramid schemes as well. Came up on one of the mocks not sure which one. You should ask your teacher for notes on it.

Which textbook do you have? I have the most recent version of '21st century business'. Basically, it bans Aggressive, Misleading and Prohibited practices and theres stuff about Pyramid schemes as well. Came up on one of the mocks not sure which one. You should ask your teacher for notes on it.

I have Global Business. Probably a terrible book as we were the first year to get it and the current fifth years have a different book. Some blaring omissions such as the Data Protection Act which only features in the glossary.

I have Global Business. Probably a terrible book as we were the first year to get it and the current fifth years have a different book. Some blaring omissions such as the Data Protection Act which only features in the glossary.

All business textbooks are pretty awful but 21st century business seems to at least cover everything even if it is filled with wish-washy rubbish :rolleyes: .

Global Business is a horrible textbook.. horrible, horrible textbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

I have 21st Century Business, I think its one of the better ones. Even though its the 2007 edition so the examples are not up to date because of the recession, yanno.

MrAweesome wrote: »
    I have 21st Century Business, I think its one of the better ones. Even though its the 2007 edition so the examples are not up to date because of the recession, yanno.

Without checking the year it was written my guess is Global Business was written in about 2003.

9bred4 wrote: »
    Without checking the year it was written my guess is Global Business was written in about 2003.

But it's so modern and relevant to young people with it's reference to Tevez breaching his contract. :rolleyes:

Business is just a strange subject really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 doggybag12

any predictions for ABQ?

doggybag12 wrote: »
    any predictions for ABQ?

A business letter or report possibly!

A business letter or report possibly![/Q

any topics?

A business letter or report possibly![/Q

any topics?

Hell if I know! Usually the content isn't too hard it's the layout!

Hell if I know! Usually the content isn't too hard it's the layout!

ok any other predictions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement