Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do a council house exchange?

Options
  • 26-04-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know how to exchange council houses???? Do they have lists at the Council?? Or do you just put ads up somewhere???? Have 2 bed bungalow on quiet estate in Tullow!! Looking for 3bed place due to changes in circumstances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Hi does anyone know how to exchange council houses???? Do they have lists at the Council?? Or do you just put ads up somewhere???? Have 2 bed bungalow on quiet estate in Tullow!! Looking for 3bed place due to changes in circumstances.

I saw a few ads for exchanges on Gumtree I'd that helps. Ask in the council where you want to move to. Once you both agree to move there shouldn't be an issue

I saw a few ads for exchanges on Gumtree I'd that helps. Ask in the council where you want to move to. Once you both agree to move there shouldn't be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you have had a change in circumstances, you should be asking the council to facilitate a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

Yeah council think this place big enough!!! Won't give us 3 bed!!!we don't even have dining room! No table!! And 10yr old living with us!!! Because we have 2 beds they say it's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yeah council think this place big enough!!! Won't give us 3 bed!!!we don't even have dining room! No table!! And 10yr old living with us!!! Because we have 2 beds they say it's enough.

2 bed is all your entitled to ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you only have one child then a two bed is all you are entitled to. You don't need a big table, get a breakfast bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

we don't even have dining room! No table!! And 10yr old living with us!!!
    Can you imagine...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭Sir Chops

I see. And you got this for free ? Shocking stuff.... Pity the normal folk who have to PAY out of their pockets for accomodation of their choosing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

And 10yr old living with us!!!
    Are you related to the 10 year old? If not, consider evicting it and grab more space for yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

No Pants wrote: »
    Can you imagine...
    Sir Chops wrote: »
    I see. And you got this for free ? Shocking stuff.... Pity the normal folk who have to PAY out of their pockets for accomodation of their choosing
    No Pants wrote: »
    Are you related to the 10 year old? If not, consider evicting it and grab more space for yourselves.

Cut it out please

• Advertisement

I've 5 kids and don't have I dining room. Your asking a lot to be fair.

Advertisement