Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to ship table and chairs from Galway to Dublin

Options
  • 26-04-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

This is the only forum I could think of that someone might have experience with.

I need to collect a table and chairs from Galway to go to Dublin or Kildare. Would a standard freight company or courier be the cheapest way to go? Iv searched quite a bit on google but can't seem to get a rate. I'm not in a particular hurry, but just trying to balance up whether putting diesel in a van I have to borrow and spend a day driving there and back is cheaper than freight/ man in a van.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I did the Ideal Home show and there was a guy who does a regular run from Galway to Dublin and dropped in a large cupboard. It came from The Gaiety give them a ring and I am sure they will pass on his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

For stuff around the country going to dublin I use www.anyvan.ie and find them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LoveFurniture

Hi, We run an online furniture store and deliver all over Ireland. We have a van down the west coast every week mostly and then come back through Dublin and go back to Belfast.
    Love Furniture
    Drop me an email
    shop at lovefurniture dot ie with some details and I will give you a good price.
    Cheers. Eunan Mc Kenna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hi, We run an online furniture store and deliver all over Ireland. We have a van down the west coast every week mostly and then come back through Dublin and go back to Belfast.
    Love Furniture
    Drop me an email
    shop at lovefurniture dot ie with some details and I will give you a good price.
    Cheers. Eunan Mc Kenna

Hi eunan. Thanks very much, sent you on an email

For stuff around the country going to dublin I use www.anyvan.ie and find them good.

Hi highlandseoghan. Have you used this site much? I wonder how serious the quotes are taken for these and whether it's just spoofing or not. Some quotes come back probably wouldn't cover the cost of a vans diesel. Have you found it reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

There is a chap that posts here from time to time that runs a van/moving business.

Cormie is his Boards.ie username, link to his website in his signature.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Hi highlandseoghan. Have you used this site much? I wonder how serious the quotes are taken for these and whether it's just spoofing or not. Some quotes come back probably wouldn't cover the cost of a vans diesel. Have you found it reliable?

They might be doing the drive anyway, so the only expense for them is the time and diesel it costs to make a detour for collection and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Hi paddylonglegs.
    I have got stuff collected at very low prices on the site and never had any issues. I use the site on a regular basis for stuff i need collected or delivered around the country. Like a previous poster mentioned they use the site for filloing up space in there vans / trucks on journeys there on already so there no major cost to them.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gugsy

Hi paddy i travel up and down to dublin on a regular basis pm me and ill give you details. Cheers.

Well I used anyvan.ie to get a table and 6 chairs from Galway to Dublin for €24. Don't ask me how that's possible because I don't know myself, either way, the delivery is sitting in my dining room right now and I'm happy. Thanks for the recommendation

• Advertisement
Advertisement