Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Predictions 2014

• 26-04-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I know predictions are pretty dodgy to go by but with just over a month left I need to narrow down my subjects on what's likely to come up. Would anyone have decent predictions for the following exams?

English P2 - Poet & Macbeth Question

Biology - which chapters are more likely to come up

History - Document Question

If anyone wants to put in predictions for other subjects go ahead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

richiemcs wrote: »
    I know predictions are pretty dodgy to go by but with just over a month left I need to narrow down my subjects on what's likely to come up. Would anyone have decent predictions for the following exams?

English P2 - Poet & Macbeth Question

Biology - which chapters are more likely to come up

History - Document Question

Purely based on my own speculation, I'd say that Larkin, Yeats, Heaney and Dickinson are all contenders for the poetry section, with a Lady Macbeth question for the single text.

Can't help you with Biology - I make it my mission to have a good working knowledge of everything on the course :)

As for history? Given that it's the trickiest of the three and it appeared on both mock papers, I'd say the Treaty is fairly likely. That said, they could always throw us a curveball in the Eucharistic Congress :pac: my money's on the Treaty though - it was the only thing I studied for the mock and it came up then, so I'll be focusing on it more than the other two in the last few weeks.

But please bear in mind the above is purely speculation and no one can really predict what comes up in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 richiemcs

SChique00 wrote: »
    Purely based on my own speculation, I'd say that Larkin, Yeats, Heaney and Dickinson are all contenders for the poetry section, with a Lady Macbeth question for the single text.

Can't help you with Biology - I make it my mission to have a good working knowledge of everything on the course :)

As for history? Given that it's the trickiest of the three and it appeared on both mock papers, I'd say the Treaty is fairly likely. That said, they could always throw us a curveball in the Eucharistic Congress :pac: my money's on the Treaty though - it was the only thing I studied for the mock and it came up then, so I'll be focusing on it more than the other two in the last few weeks.

But please bear in mind the above is purely speculation and no one can really predict what comes up in the end...

Cheers! I know haha but not enough time left to do everything, apparently Belfast during the Troubles is one of the things they can ask for the history document but I'll hope not since my teacher hasn't even touched on it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

richiemcs wrote: »
    Cheers! I know haha but not enough time left to do everything, apparently Belfast during the Troubles is one of the things they can ask for the history document but I'll hope not since my teacher hasn't even touched on it yet...

whhaaaat? o god id die if that q came up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

It's a good possibility that Lady Macbeth will come up and she was on both the Mock papers. I have a strange feeling that the witches could come up either with the supernatural. Also, Dickinson, Yeats, Heaney and Larkin hopefully!

I think that is Treaty will too, the rest don't have that much information. I defiantly think that Belfast bombing is not going to come up, very easy. 60/40 Between the Treaty and Congress

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DM96

The treaty is a cert to come up i think! My teacher said its more than likely nailed on but i suppose you never know!

What else are you studying for History? Like the 3 eassays what all are you covering? am short and not sure what i should else i should be looking at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Does anyone have an A1 answer on Kingship and like Banquo? Happy to trade an A1 answer I got in Lady Macbeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

DM96 wrote: »
    The treaty is a cert to come up i think! My teacher said its more than likely nailed on but i suppose you never know!

What else are you studying for History? Like the 3 eassays what all are you covering? am short and not sure what i should else i should be looking at!

Stalin (Dictatorship)
    Martin Luther King (USA)
    Civil Rights (N IRL)

and why is everyone learning Banquo? Guess some rumours passing around the country. God i hate macbeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

I wouldn't be so sure about Heaney as he died much later then the papers are made! We were told to look more at Belfast than anything for the document but I can't for the life of me remember why.

Advertisement